Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fcuking humans

• 10-12-2010 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

Sister of woman that was savagely killed in wexford last October says the people responsible are "no better than animals".

WTF does that mean? We'd be doing well to be as good as animals.

The world has gone to shit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Good drummer.
    You'd find it hard to get a human better than him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Sister of woman that was savagely killed in wexford last October says the people responsible are "no better than animals".

I thought that when they took Stinger bars away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I agree with ya. I really don't understand this phrase either. In fact, I find it insulting to my dogs who are definitely much more trust worthy, caring and even more intelligent than a few "humans" I've met over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

I completely agree with you

• Advertisement

Is it generally frowned upon to **** anything that isn't human?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

A saying based on the Christian belief that humans are separate from animals in some higher plane of existence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Her death was horrific so I presume her family were upset by that.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I blame this all on facekicker being banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

ScumLord wrote: »
    A saying based on the Christian belief that humans are separate from animals in some higher plane of existence.

That's only cause they don't allow dogs on planes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I blame this all on facekicker being banned.

They can never ban his spirit though - it kicks on.

To be fair, he was reincarnated but pretty much sent on his way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

It's a very simple phrase really. Animals generally aren't as rational or civilised as people. If you think animals are on a level similar or above humans, then perhaps you should be a vegetarian.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

sheesh wrote: »
    I completely agree with you

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

1290735885378.jpg

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

When that little scumbag stabbed that polish guy in the head with a screwdriver in dublin a few months ago people were saying, what an animal...
    :rolleyes:
    Its actually a retarded thing to say. Such cowardly acts are not the behaviour of animals in any way, shape or form. Its very much exclusively a human way to end the life of another. Leave 'the animals' out of it. Morons.

Non human animals kill other animals for food or to protect themselves, their young or their territory. No better than animals? We wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

It's... just... an... expression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

It's... just... an... expression.
    I don't give a ****, it's a stupid phrase, we are animals - so stop using it. We're a lot less civilised than a majority of our fellow animals anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Nailz wrote: »
    I don't give a ****, it's a stupid phrase, we are animals - so stop using it. We're a lot less civilised than a majority of our fellow animals anyway.

Yes, the anger in your post makes that rather clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Wasps-
    They love to get in your face, really annoy you and then attack you for no reason.
    The wasp is very human if you think about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Wasps only attack if provocked, they are in your face outta interest, dont move and they will be on their mery way.

Humans on the other hand are scum, i'm so glad i a wasp....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Well its just an expression we are animals when you examine it our morals are no different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Do you reckon other animals have a similar saying like if two dogs a scrapping and others looking on do they say to each other
    "Jeez, there no better than humans, look at the stupid feckers "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I thought that when they took Stinger bars away.

You can still get stinger bars. Rip the fillings out of you but worth the risk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

OutlawPete wrote: »
    That's only cause they don't allow dogs on planes.

You've obviously never seen the aerial dog-fights on the Discovery Channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

hate that phrase, so stupid. humans are the most sick, twisted animal there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I hate that phrase. Non-human animals have no malice. They kill for food. They fight to defend their territory or to win the affections of a mate. They don't go around killing each other for the hell of it.

If a group of crows see another crow lying dead or injured they go crazy with grief. If there was a dead or injured human lying in the middle of the street most people would film it on their mobile phones and upload the video to youtube.

I get along better with animals than with humans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Its an expression born of the arrogance of our species - the facts are that this planet has never seen a more dangerious species then mankind, the fact that we have single-handly increased the natural extinction rate of other species many thousands of times is evidence enough for that:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

raah! wrote: »
    It's a very simple phrase really. Animals generally aren't as rational or civilised as people. If you think animals are on a level similar or above humans, then perhaps you should be a vegetarian.

humans are the only species to kill another of it's species for enjoyment or principle,to be honest when it comes to life,animals are far more civilised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

I think the correct term for these 'people' is Untermensch, or Sub Humans. They fill the void between the Gorilla and Man. They're not strictly an animal as such......but they certainly don't qualify as human either, no matter how low you set the bar.

I think the correct term for these 'people' is Untermensch, or Sub Humans. They fill the void between the Gorilla and Man. They're not strictly an animal as such......but they certainly don't qualify as human either, no matter how low you set the bar.

I've worked with Gorillas in Uganda and they are one of the most peacefull,intelligient creatures one could hope to meet. The way they care for members of their family groups is amazing and astonishingly advanced. There is a gorrilla currently in a research centre in California that can sign-language 600 words making her vocablary more advanced then many members of the human race. All in all I found these magnificient apes more pleasent and stimulating company then many members of the human race I have encountered in my 30 odd years!!

Birdnuts wrote: »
    I've worked with Gorillas in Uganda and they are one of the most peacefull,intelligient creatures one could hope to meet. The way they care for members of their family groups is amazing and astonishingly advanced. There is a gorrilla currently in a research centre in California that can sign-language 600 words making her vocablary more advanced then many members of the human race. All in all I found these magnificient apes more pleasent and stimulating company then many members of the human race I have encountered in my 30 odd years!!

I worked with the mountain gorrilas in burundi and have to agree with everything you said. peacefull and thoughtful are how I would describe them. The sickening thing is that gorillas keep to themselves and poachers search them out and kill them for money, sick.

That being said chimps are quite like us in terms of warmongering and aggression!

You are quite correct Birdnuts, there is no comparison to a Gorilla and Sub Humans. A Gorilla has altruistic qualities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

A lot of people posting in this thread have apparently never heard of dolphins.

Dolphins gang rape, bully, kill/wound for fun, torture their own and other species.

It's hardly like we're the only ones who are cruel for no reason.

liah wrote: »

Dolphins gang rape, bully, kill/wound for fun, torture their own and other species.

I was going to mention that earlier. Mink are also notorious killers, they will destroy anything they come across just for the sake of it.
    Polar bears are also lethal-the only true man killer on Earth.

• Advertisement

I do agree, as are chimps and baboons. Funningly enough it seems the more intelligent ones. In terms of morals however the point remains we are no better just a different animal with the same morals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

We are no better than animals. Sure aren't we all animals? Am I missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

A Dolphin sold me crack once...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

wyndham wrote: »
    You can still get stinger bars. Rip the fillings out of you but worth the risk

*Whooosh!*

Not happy this thread started by taking the p*ss out of a gruesome crime.

irishtimes.com - Four jailed over Wexford death

The victim was treated like a n animal, justice would be the perpatrators being treated the same. Thought of as rabid and put down.......

(We don't do that because we're not animals. but that's the only reason.)

• Advertisement

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I worked with the mountain gorrilas in burundi and have to agree with everything you said. peacefull and thoughtful are how I would describe them. The sickening thing is that gorillas keep to themselves and poachers search them out and kill them for money, sick.

That being said chimps are quite like us in terms of warmongering and aggression!
    Your right about the wild chimps being very aggressive. I saw on a wildlife show once a gang of chimps battering another one to death because he wandered into their territory.
    It was very gruesome stuff, they even tore off his manhood:eek:

Guill wrote: »
    A Dolphin sold me crack once...
    Did he keep it in his blow-hole:o.

Your right about the wild chimps being very aggressive. I saw on a wildlife show once a gang of chimps battering another one to death because he wandered into their territory.
    It was very gruesome stuff, they even tore off his manhood:eek:

their three times more aggressive than a wolf (citation needed!). They will even invade other chimps territory for the purpose of claiming it for themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Away from the animals human chat. What does this saying mean???? I do not understand it at all, was the world not **** at one stage? Was it super perfect recently or a few centurys ago?
    Some might even say the world is better today than ever, especially people ive talked to that lived and fought in ww2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

raah! wrote: »
    If you think animals are on a level similar or above humans, then perhaps you should be a vegetarian.

Or a cannibal....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I hate that phrase. Non-human animals have no malice. They kill for food. They fight to defend their territory or to win the affections of a mate. They don't go around killing each other for the hell of it.
    This is untrue, humans don't go around killing each other either for the most part. If you see just about any other animal meet another member of it's species it will try to ride it (with or with out consent) fight it, or run from it because the other member of it's species will try to kill it. The only reason human on human violence seems so bad is because it's so rare and those that do it seem completely odd when compared to a persons daily experience with other humans.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

steddyeddy wrote: »
    their three times more aggressive than a wolf (citation needed!).
    They wouldnt be fair off alright, though wolves can be highly aggressive and wont think twice about killing others of their kind over territory. They'll specifically target, stalk and take out coyotes and leave the rotting carcass as a warning to others. They're also quite altruistic with members of their pack too. They're not unlike us socially. Certainly more like us than chimps in a lot of ways, which is why we have pet ones all over the world.
    They will even invade other chimps territory for the purpose of claiming it for themselves.
    Yea and like was mentioned they'll regularly rip off the genitals of rival males to make a point. Almost as a ritualistic thing. They can also be sneaky cowards. They'll attack women and kids in their territory but will avoid grown men. Gorillas are very different. If you dont piss them off they're happy out. I remember a documentary years back about gorillas. I think they were Congolese ones. One of the babies got caught in a hunters snare(not meant for them) and the cameraman loosened it off while the father looked on. Interviews with the locals found that they respected the gorilla, but didnt feel threatened by them, but were very afraid of chimps, especially where their kids were concerned. Bonobos aren't nearly as aggressive though.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

This is untrue, humans don't go around killing each other either for the most part. If you see just about any other animal meet another member of it's species it will try to ride it (with or with out consent) fight it, or run from it because the other member of it's species will try to kill it. The only reason human on human violence seems so bad is because it's so rare and those that do it seem completely odd when compared to a persons daily experience with other humans.
    QFT.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

T The only reason human on human violence seems so bad is because it's so rare .

Thats the oddest statement I've read on here yet:confused:

How so? Many if not most animals in the wild live with the threat of death by violence on a daily basis. Even apex predators get taken out by their fellows. Very very few animals die of old age. Most humans have at least the chance to do that. It would be a rare day in a chimp troop, were threats of violence or violence itself wouldnt happen. The animal kingdom isnt Disney folks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement