Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels in Vicar Street area

Options
  • 10-12-2010 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

I'm just wondering if anyone knows some good hotels near vicar street? What's the area like? Any places to avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Jurys Christchurch.

Area isn't the best around there but you should be grand as there would be lots of people walking back towards town/ Temple Bar after a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Yep Jurys Christchurch is the closest, car park also available. Stayed there myself a couple of times for vicar street gigs.

Just heard the Coronas done an acoustic gig at the Olympia tonight as there was no electricity and it was brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Yeah Jurys Christchurch is definitely the most convenient and is only a 5-10 minute walk from Vicar Street.

Theres also a hotels called Hardings hotel on fishamble street right beside christchurch cathedral which would be quite close by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Tbh I'd go with The Harding/Darkey Kellys bar.

Free BBQ on Thursday nights.

Karoke on Friday.

Ballads from 5-9pm on Saturdays and a cover band from 10pm to midnight.

And Sunday is ballads from 5-9'ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭gorgo

wyndham wrote: »
    Jurys Christchurch.

Area isn't the best around there but you should be grand as there would be lots of people walking back towards town/ Temple Bar after a gig.

+1 for Jurys. Area wise, anywhere between Vicar st and Dame st would be safe enough. Beyond Vicar st away from the town and I'd be keeping my wits about me...no dark alleys!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

gorgo wrote: »
    +1 for Jurys. Area wise, anywhere between Vicar st and Dame st would be safe enough. Beyond Vicar st away from the town and I'd be keeping my wits about me...no dark alleys!!

It isn't all that bad. There's better but you'd just need to be as careful as you'd be in any other city that you're not familiar with.

Advertisement