Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PB not working...

Options
  • 10-12-2010 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭

So I took a 6 month break from this game - and then I heard hey, vietnam is nearly out. So I said I would try and give it another go, see if there was any life left in this game (not much on the forum).

I download o 2.5 giggity gig patch ... and it wont play. Ive done it all - PB setup, patching, unticking this and that - etc....

EA can eat my arse40l3

(Rumor has it the vietnam i preordered on steam wont work with my hard copy purchased game either...)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

yankinlk wrote: »
    So I took a 6 month break from this game - and then I heard hey, vietnam is nearly out. So I said I would try and give it another go, see if there was any life left in this game (not much on the forum).

I download o 2.5 giggity gig patch ... and it wont play. Ive done it all - PB setup, patching, unticking this and that - etc....

EA can eat my arse40l3

(Rumor has it the vietnam i preordered on steam wont work with my hard copy purchased game either...)

Use the pbsvc.exe from here:

http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

and it can run a health check to see if the services are working properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Thanks Spearman... blah that didnt work. totall reinstall only. thanks for reading my rant. see u on the BF.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

yankinlk wrote: »
    Thanks Spearman... blah that didnt work. totall reinstall only. thanks for reading my rant. see u on the BF.

Your not alone on this issue. Im presuming you can't connect to any sort of server you just get the please wait and then the cant connect message. Driving me mad this is!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Jesus, I must be one of the lucky ones I guess. Only the ****ty impact of the new patch for me (stutter and laggy servers 99.9% of the time) all the weapons just jump like a mother ****er now......seriously thinking of using the disc as a coaster TBH....

Vietnam will have to be a stonking bit of DLC to fall in love with this **** again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Jesus, I must be one of the lucky ones I guess. Only the ****ty impact of the new patch for me (stutter and laggy servers 99.9% of the time) all the weapons just jump like a mother ****er now......seriously thinking of using the disc as a coaster TBH....

Vietnam will have to be a stonking bit of DLC to fall in love with this **** again.

Maybe this will appeal then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Hope flamethrower is nerfed enuff... everything is on fire in that clip.

Everything fine except thats the Xbox version....:p

And who is that running around in the clip MICHAEL JACKSON...with the bandaged hand and the high pitch screams...HEEE HE...Shamon!

Hope it runs like that....I have seen no talk of fixes for the latest patch....so I guess they think its just fine and dandy. TBH I would rather roll back the patch and play the game before without the new maps at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I had the same problem with PB, seems some of the servers haven't upgraded to the newest PB although the PB client is automatically updated.
    Only thing to do for now is stay off those servers until they upgrade.

I have had two updates in the last 2 weeks with PB....I personally think it is better to manually update. I dont trust the auto updates myself.

Advertisement