Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stain on white gloss

• 10-12-2010 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭

I have a wooden radiator cover that was factory sprayed to a white glossy mirror finish. Problem now is that the other half had a candle lighting on it. The wax that spilled onto it has left a colour stain and I've no idea how to remove it. Tried bleach but it made no difference. Cant sand and repaint it unless I want to do the whole cover. Any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

IrishB.ie wrote: »
    I have a wooden radiator cover that was factory sprayed to a white glossy mirror finish. Problem now is that the other half had a candle lighting on it. The wax that spilled onto it has left a colour stain and I've no idea how to remove it. Tried bleach but it made no difference. Cant sand and repaint it unless I want to do the whole cover. Any ideas? Thanks

If the heat has discolored the paint thats there, then you'll need to do the whole cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭IrishB.ie

Thanks for the reply. Trying to avoid doing the whole thing, its like the dye from the wax has soaked into paint. It was a red candle and the stain is a pink colour. If you run your hand over the stain, the surface is still smooth to touch. No surface damage at all. Never seen anything like this before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Sand and paint just a section of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

A hot hair dryer and some absorbant paper might avoid the need to paint anything at all, nothing lost if it doesn't work or causes further staining.

Advertisement