Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub/Bistro Food -Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 10-12-2010 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi,

We need to take 2 americans out for dinner on Christmas eve. There's 6 of us and rather a formal sit down meal, I'd rather take them to somewhere with a bif of an atmosphere and decent food.

Any ideas where? I'm completely at a loss. It needs to have a nice vibe and be clean and decent but comfy and relaxed (am I asking too much?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

the exchequer on exchequer street (next to fallon&byrne) is great, very cool gastro pub with some of the best food i've ever eaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

tfak85 wrote: »
    the exchequer on exchequer street (next to fallon&byrne) is great, very cool gastro pub with some of the best food i've ever eaten.

spot on, heard great things about the place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

L Mulligan Grocer in Stoneybatter. Perfect for the Americans too. It's fantastic and the range of beers is amazing, and rather reasonable!

http://www.lmulligangrocer.com/

Hop on d'Luas and it's about a 5 min walk from the Smithfield stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Petite Treats

I second the Exchequer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I'd check with the Pubs beforehand as some of them close early on Christmas Eve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

how about le bon crubeen on talbot street, or the market bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

LMulligans forever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

L Mulligans!

Advertisement