Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike for Christmas.

• 10-12-2010 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

Well guys!
    Christmas is coming up and my dad said I could use his bike2work scheme effectivley. I choose the bike, but he'll bring it to work every now and then "To get fit".

*cough* mid-life crisis much? *cough*:D

So if you had €1000 to get SPD shoes, pedals, multi-tool (optional), shorts and bike, what would you get?

It would be used in Ballyhoura, and the odd commute to work by the old man :rolleyes:

I was thinking:
    Cube Attention or Acid 2011 (The Attention is €892 on crc, but I think the guys in Ballyhoura are selling the acid for €880, not sure though)
    Shimano M087 MTB SPD Shoes
    Shimano M540 Clipless SPD Pedals
    Endura Single Track Shorts
    SKS CT-Works Multitool

Chain Reaction Cycles total: €980.90

(I'm giving €350 towards the bike from the savings i've made, I'm not that spoilt getting €500 for christmas :P)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Well I don't know a lot about mtbs (just getting into that side of things) but I've never heard anyone say anything bad about cube so you probably won't be disappointed regardless of which you choose.

I think the attention is prettier though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Well I don't know a lot about mtbs (just getting into that side of things) but I've never heard anyone say anything bad about cube so you probably won't be disappointed regardless of which you choose.

I think the attention is prettier though.

I couldn't tell the difference :P Acid has better specs as fas as I know.

Advertisement