Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mass Effect 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

joe123 wrote: »
    loving the rolls eyes :Dwhat would be the point in posting something like that and just making it up? Check again.

Didn't play it yesterday coz I had training and was just wrecked tired after that and work!

To get a rise out of the likes of me who do not have the game yet :p

I formally withdraw my :rolleyes: now however :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

dead one wrote: »
    Bullsh!t. I have been playing mass effect 3 since yesterday.
    did you get your copy from GAME?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So, who's up for some multiplayer on the pc over the weekend? Will probably spend Friday playing single player, but might give multiplayer a go on Saturday or Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Kiith wrote: »
    So, who's up for some multiplayer on the pc over the weekend? Will probably spend Friday playing single player, but might give multiplayer a go on Saturday or Sunday.
    I think I'll give it a try at some point in the future. Wont be getting around to playing this until another week or so at least. Ordered from Amazon and im out of the country too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I had a look at some of the metacritic scores without reading the reviews and saw users giving it 0 and 1 out of 10, obvious trolls and read Metacritic will be deleting certain scores and reviews.
    The internet. Butthurt arm chair protests.
    I don't like the dlc situation either, but that's a pathetic response.
    Don't buy, don't play the game (hurr, dlc, I feel entitled to pirate it now, lololol - People I know) if you don't like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just finished my ME2 playthrough. It amuses me that even after saving the galaxy, albeit temporarily, and with a full Paragon bar, Miranda will still not accept my apology. It's almost too realistic!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

dead one wrote: »
    Bullsh!t. I have been playing mass effect 3 since yesterday.
    did you get your copy from GAME?
    I cant imagine they did get it from GAME. I'd imagine his outrage was to say that it was poor form from GMAE to leave it this late to tell them that they wont be getting it from GAME. Which I completely agree with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I clicked on metacritic there, glowing reviews from all publications, however...

Why are there so many negative user reviews? I really don't understand this level of vitriol that is aimed at Bioware. Was there some internet fanboy campaign I was unaware of or is there some truth in the disappointment?

It's roughly 50/50, a total marmite effect, not the preferred mass kind.

I've already preordered the game, but I can't help shake the feeling that I will be disappointed.

Frankly, ME was a total gem for me, mainly because I went into it with no expectations and found it delivered everything I wanted from a game. ME2 was obviously carrying greater expectations and I too was annoyed by the simplification of the RPG elements (tell me casual gamers are not that lazy or disinterested?) in favour of more combat, but in the end the story and the scale won me over.

You have asked the questions i have been asking myself and i feel how you do about the game.

If i was to try and answer i would say its a complicated issue, there are multiple layers to peoples dislike. I feel that if you were to break it down it is to do with the Bioware brand being diluted by EA, the move away from more solid RPG's with limited appeal to more RPG lite with FPS/action elements for more mass appeal, and finally EA have changed their sales model and started to charge for DLC.

I can see why people are getting annoyed as something they really liked has changed but get a life dont purchase it if you dont want to play it. I will give it a punt and if it sucks i will probably stir clear of bioware games in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 commandz

Any stock clearance sales in GAME around the country, given there impending liquidation or acquisition? UK shops seems to have started:

https://twitter.com/#!/ryan_astley/status/177381166452703233/photo/1

• Advertisement

As much as I loved ME2 - the bit with Zane, where he's speaking about the character Mouse, and it gets all "art-y" - well, it always confused me. Unless I missed something, that was the only thing it happened with Thane?

@ 2:50 on that video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

If you talk to Thane, he actually explains it, basically the Drell have Eidetic memory and they can get lost in their memories sometimes, that is essentially what those scenes are about, nothing about being artsy.

Meesared wrote: »
    If you talk to Thane, he actually explains it, basically the Drell have Eidetic memory and they can get lost in their memories sometimes, that is essentially what those scenes are about, nothing about being artsy.

Does it happen more than once?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

Didn't he say something as well about having an illness that made the memory flashes worse? Or did I just make that up? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

didnt thast happen loads of times?

he cant control when real strong memories hit him or something

didnt thast happen loads of times?

he cant control when real strong memories hit him or something

Ah, I actually think it did happen a few times in my first playthrough, where I was trying to do everything, but by the third I had forgotten it and that's the only one that stuck out.

• Advertisement

commandz wrote: »
    Any stock clearance sales in GAME around the country, given there impending liquidation or acquisition? UK shops seems to have started:

https://twitter.com/#!/ryan_astley/status/177381166452703233/photo/1
    In fairness a preowned sale in Game happens fairly often, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Does it happen more than once?
    Yes it happens regularly.

Sesudra wrote: »
    Didn't he say something as well about having an illness that made the memory flashes worse? Or did I just make that up? :pac:
    I think you made it up lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Sesudra wrote: »

He explained that the Drell are a amphibious species and require a lot of moisture, but their water rich homeworld was destroyed and they were rescued by the Hanaar whose world is a lot drier. As a result they often suffer from poor respiration and die young.

edit: - got that the wrong way round
    Because the drell ancestors emerged from arid, rocky deserts, the humid, ocean-covered hanar homeworld of Kahje proved tolerable only when the drell stayed inside a climate-controlled dome city. The leading cause of death for drell on Kahje is Kepral's Syndrome, caused by cumulative long-term exposure to a humid climate. This syndrome erodes the ability of drell lungs to take in oxygen, and eventually spreads out to other organs. It is noncommunicable, and there is currently no known cure, though leading hanar scientific authorities are working on creating a genetic adaptation.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Drell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Will the Download codes for PS3 work with PC

• Advertisement

Jester252 wrote: »
    Will the Download codes for PS3 work with PC
    The DLC codes? I would assume not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

The DLC codes? I would assume not.

Well Buck there goes my last idea on how to get the CE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

The collectors edition download "the ashes" (think that's what its called) is a pretty big download! 638mb!

Just playing Kingdom of Amalur to get the extra content and then i'm good to start the game!

Have avoided all reviews etc but im just hoping the RPG element is deeper than 2!

Didn't even realize it was on two discs until I opened the box! Forgot that ME2 was two disc so shouldnt of been suprised!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

enjoy man!! you bastard!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Presumably no one who has ordered the Express Delivery option from Gamestop has had their game arrive yet?

I'm hoping that it comes in the morning (as I'm pretty sure the last thing I ordered with this option came the Thursday).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

SK1979 wrote: »
    Presumably no one who has ordered the Express Delivery option from Gamestop has had their game arrive yet?

I'm hoping that it comes in the morning (as I'm pretty sure the last thing I ordered with this option came the Thursday).

Have not received mine yet or a dispatch email either.... Also received my last order on a Thursday so fingers crossed.

Slightly worrying that theres been no dispatch email yet :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Slightly worrying that theres been no dispatch email yet :/

Last time i ordered from them i got the mail on the same day as i got the delivery. I'd be fairly sure you'll all get them the game tomorrow.

I hope so :/ Im off friday ::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

I ordered a heap of games through gamestop from sep - dec, always with express. usually get the dispatch email between 4-7pm the day before it arrives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Just checked my order on gamestop.ie and it's now saying its shipped! Hopefully I will have it in the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

SK1979 wrote: »

Ordered with express delivery, got the dispatch email about 20 mins ago so I should have it tomorrow :D unfortunatly im in work till 4 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Ordered with express delivery, got the dispatch email about 20 mins ago so I should have it tomorrow :D unfortunatly im in work till 4 :(

Yip, same as, just got a mail there about 3:45. The postie usually arrives about 7:30 or so (unfortunately have to work) so I'll update the thread if it arrives once I get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Vadakin

Somebody call the men in white coats. I've become obsessed with reloading my order page on Gamestop, waiting for it to say "Shipped."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

Vadakin wrote: »
    Somebody call the men in white coats. I've become obsessed with reloading my order page on Gamestop, waiting for it to say "Shipped."

You are not alone man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just got my dispatch email from gamesnash, should have for friday.

There will be murders if I don't have my copy of Mass Effect on Friday, MURDERS I TELL YOU

Can someone tell me, in ME2 could you holster your gun? Im playing ME3 on the xbox 360 and there is no way to holster your gun and its bugging the hell out of me.

Searching round areas and he has his gun pointed CONSTANTLY!

The lip syncing is really off too! Minor gripe though.

on the pc you press H and it holsters

• Advertisement

on the pc you press H and it holsters

Have you played three? After I posted this I did a bit of searching. Everywhere seems to be saying that you cant holster your weapon at all due to a memory issue.

Id give up the tacked on MP if we could just put away the damn gun for a few minutes.

Back used to do it on the Xbox

@Joe123,

No, i thought it was me2 you were talking about, my mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

How much is the collectors edition? Too late to get it now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

If you are remotely interested in the Prothean / Space Jamaican then get the CE, if what I have seen so far is all there is to Ashes then you will feel very ripped off paying for it on it's own
    A very short/ small level and a few minutes of decent historical cutscenes are about it
    - but alongside the soundtrack and other materials in the CE it's not a hard pill to swallow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Apologies if this has been asked before. I own ME1 and 2 but finished neither. If I play one after the other can I carry my saves/character over or how does that work?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

quarryman wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked before. I own ME1 and 2 but finished neither. If I play one after the other can I carry my saves/character over or how does that work?
    Yes. I dont remember how it worked but it was very straightforward and self-explanatory.

quarryman wrote: »

It will ask you at the start of ME2 to scan for completed ME1 saves, all you have to do is select the storage device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I might just buy this anyway, finish mass effect 2 at a later date :3

cloud493 wrote: »
    I might just buy this anyway, finish mass effect 2 at a later date :3

Don't do that, the whole premise from the very inception of Mass Effect was to create a contiguous trilogy. If you care at all about the story then play them in their proper order. It's like skipping ahead watch the final few episodes of a TV show, or reading the final chapter of a book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well I'm on the PS3. And I already played a fair bit of mass effect 2.

• Advertisement
Advertisement