Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mass Effect 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Varik wrote: »
    Got my 2 promotions in.

Solider with the krogan i was playing with for ages and beat the last operation with and a Adapt, am i the only one who thinks humans adapts are better than Asari.

I'd imagine the singularity/warp combo is better than stasis/warp.

Does warp still detonate singularities in ME3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Amazed by it so far, story is brilliant. So many epic moments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya even on my 2nd playthrough, the levels are still so epic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

I'm going to stick this up here, just in case anyone is looking for an Asari Adept build. It's been extremely effective for me so far on Gold, taking out Brutes in almost two hits, making Banshees a little less intimidating and delaying a Phantom's hand cannon onslaught.
    Asari Adept
    Powers:
    Stasis - Rank 6 (Rank 4 - Stasis Strength, Rank 5 -Bonus Power, Rank 6 - Stasis Bubble)
    Warp - Rank 6 (Rank 4 -Detonate, Rank 5 - Expose, Rank 6 - Pierce)
    Throw - Rank 6 (Rank 4 - Radius, Rank 5 - Detonate, Rank 6 - Force & Damage)
    Asari Justicar - Rank 6 (Rank 4 - Damage & Capacity, Rank 5 - Power Damage, Rank 6 - Pistols)
    Fitness - Discount

Weapons:
    Carnifex - High-caliber barrel, Magazine upgrade.
    Power Recharge Speed: 196%

Tactics:
    Your main weapon with this class is the Warp-Throw biotic combo. It devastates nearly everything, and has huge splash damage. It's weakened against shields and barriers, but should still take it down by 1-2 bars with each hit.

In between recharge times, you should be shooting with the Carnifex, to deal as much damage as possible without wasting time.

Stasis is important for close range swarms of enemies and Guardians, Phantoms and Geth Hunters. The Bonus Power perk is handy, because sometimes you'll get a chance to fire Throw/Warp straight after you get the stasis out, which is great for phantoms in particular.

Phantoms will most likely be your toughest enemy, as it can dodge your warp/throw combo very easily, and can absorb warp from time to time. Main tactics for a Phantom would be to:
    1. Use Stasis to freeze them.
    2. Use Warp to create a biotic combo, and also weaken it against your Carnifex.
    3. Use Warp again while it is immobilised on the ground. This could kill it. But if it doesn't...
    4. Follow up with Throw to finish them off.
    They'll become immune to Stasis after one or two attempts, so make it count when you manage to freeze them.

Note: If anyone uses a Tech power on your target after it has been warped, it will stop your biotic combo and cause a Tech Burst, which is significantly weaker against enemies.

While extremely effective, an Asari's dodge will decrease its barriers, so don't go too mad jumping around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Krogan sentinel with a shotgun and blade attachment is hard to beat, just headbutt everything in sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Woudl anyone know:

I haven't played for about a week and a half. I'm at the very final part of the game, past the point of no return. My galactic readiness is obviously back to 50%. Even at this point in the game do I need to get the assets back up above 5k for the good ending? I don't really want to if I don't have to. I had 5k+ assets when I began the bit of the game on:
    Earth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

should be fine Dan, your score wont decrease or decay over time like the galactic readiness rating does. If the posts in teh spoiler topic are right you only need 4k to see/do what you need to at the end.

Edit: thats not completely true, some decisions can decrease your score but if you're at where you say you are, thats pretty much the end.

For anyone else worrying about decreasing readiness, just get it up high and then sign out of psn before starting up the game. Playing offline stops the readiness decreasing.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    For anyone else worrying about decreasing readiness, just get it up high and then sign out of psn before starting up the game. Playing offline stops the readiness decreasing.

Was just going to ask about this! Is mp the only way to improve the galactic readiness? I have the iPhone Datapad app but I can't figure out if it actually does anything or if I'm wasting my time.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Just bought it today and it won't find my ME2 character and I've no longer got a copy of ME2 to fix the saves so it will. :(

Wait for a patch or abandon all my custom character/decisions etc.?

Just bought it today and it won't find my ME2 character and I've no longer got a copy of ME2 to fix the saves so it will. :(

That's a balls man. I'd nearly say wait for a patch, but it's so damn good you might as well just dive in. Gotta say though, the import is sweet. Nice nods so far to what I did in me1/2.

i wouldnt wait if i was you, but you could probably find a similar save on http://www.masseffectsaves.com/

i've used it a few times for both ME and ME2, works like a charm :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If your on the pc, go here...http://www.masseffectsaves.com/

You'll more then likely find a save that's almost identical. I had the same thing happen to me, and used one from here that was pretty much perfect for my continued playthrough. Handy that i tend to play full Paragon, as there are plenty of those.

Beaten by a minute! :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Xbox. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Xbox. :(

Have a look here, read every thing before trying it.

http://social.bioware.com/project/4373/#files

Each files description links to post on how to use them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

DarkJager wrote: »
    Was just going to ask about this! Is mp the only way to improve the galactic readiness? I have the iPhone Datapad app but I can't figure out if it actually does anything or if I'm wasting my time.

You are wasting your time.
    It really counts for diddly in the end, some simple aestethics is all really, nothing major, or relevant to the final ending(s)
    I'm not gonna spoil it here, but suffice to say, if I was playing the game again, I wouldn't dedicate time to MP just to improve my readiness.
    I had 6500 assets I think, and @ 50% from what I've read and found out...isn't a significant enough difference to warrant playing MP or anything else ( I bumped it up to 80% though to get over 5000) as I assumed it "would" make a difference

You can always save it at the last point, complete it, see for yourself , and then reload the last mission after getting more readiness if you really want.

In some hillarious news, EA are up against Bank of America for the 'Worst Company in America' award. Apparently both are greedy, shady and don't care about consumers. hahaha

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/04/02/ea-makes-it-to-final-round-of-worst-company-in-america-competition/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Anyone know when the Raptor pack "rewards" come out? Got my two characters promoted (they were level 20 anyways so no actual work required for me!).

Was around 6pm on the Tuesday last time iirc.

from source: http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/02/operation-raptor-update/
    Congratulations on another successful N7 Operation!

We had a record number of soldiers promoted last weekend: over 350,000, shattering our previous community goal of 150,000.

Victory Packs and Commendation Packs will arrive no later than Wednesday April, 4th. Make sure to redeem them and begin training your new recruits. Operation Beachhead is scheduled to deploy next weekend, April 6th- 8th and will require expert trained soldiers to complete. Stay tuned for more information on Operation Beachhead later this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

360 dogs, i promoted 3 over the week and got sfa. spectre packs would be handy as i'm still running around with default assault gun lvl 2.

you'll get it, don't worry :)

Wonder will the next op require completing a Gold mission. Will need to get some characters up higher if so, as i promoted my only two lvl20's this weekend.

cant see them doing a gold one just yet, considering its difficulty, especially with reapers it might not be an achievable goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Kiith wrote: »
    Wonder will the next op require completing a Gold mission. Will need to get some characters up higher if so, as i promoted my only two lvl20's this weekend.

I've tried a few golds, got to Wave 8 once, Wave 7 twice. That's it. Wiped on Wave 1 once. :-)

They're tough alright, unless you're proper set up to spam some special armour/shield eating abilities and your team is loaded with Cobra launchers.

Would be damn satisfying to complete though.

Gold is damn hard. There's no particularly 'easy' enemy to go up against, as all of them have at least one troop that's really hard to kill.

Cerberus have those Phantoms that come in squads of ten by wave 8, not to mention the constant Atlases they throw at you.

Geth have those sneaky Hunters and Pyros that come up out of nowhere and ruin your day, while daddy Prime hits you with its cannons from across the map.

Reapers are just insane. You can't keep your focus on one enemy, because it's likely you'll be destroyed by another enemy that you didn't see. Typically happens when you're fighting a Banshee. Damn Ravagers....

I only have one more map to finish on Gold, and I don't know what one it is. I think it's Firebase Glacier, and the tight corridors on that map make it a death trap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

G.J. wrote: »
    Reapers are just insane.

Yeah, the other teams have their issues, but as soon as you hear a Banshee you know it's trouble. If it doesn't insta-kill you for getting too close a Ravager will absolutely tear you to pieces while you're fighting it.

try firebase white, Geth as enemy on gold and go with a salarian engineer, human engineer and two randoms, all stay in the room at the bottom of the stairs behind cover and spam overload/drone/decoy and grab anything that gets too close to your cover.

Did about 6 gold matches like this last night all fully extracted.
    By no means pro, but it works :)

For the random objectives we just stayed in the room for the targets, and moved together for the upload and the other thing. didnt use many cobras either. If everyones focuses on the primes its easy.

If everyones focuses

Which is why 90% of Gold missions are a total failure. Getting randoms to work together can be a nightmare at times. Much easier with people you know (obviously :P).

Which is why 90% of Gold missions are a total failure. Getting randoms to work together can be a nightmare at times. Much easier with people you know (obviously :P).

I've lost count of the number of bloody stupid vanguards who leg it out of a defensible position to do their one man army trick and ultimately get overwhelmed or their charge fails to work or whatever.

Incidentally, the Vanguard bug I've mentioned before (where you drop out of the map) doesn't seem to happen on the Tuchanka level with the 3 big cannons.
    I did a solo bronze with 1 to tip myself over to level 20 and export it to the campaign. It was intense but brilliant fun. :p
    Helped that I had the Geth plasma shotgun - best gun in the game for my money.

• Advertisement

try firebase white, Geth as enemy on gold and go with a salarian engineer, human engineer and two randoms, all stay in the room at the bottom of the stairs behind cover and spam overload/drone/decoy and grab anything that gets too close to your cover.

Just did exactly this. Had no idea what was going on at first when a pair of them ran off to that room, but I worked it out soon enough and joined them on wave 2 and we spent the next twenty minutes systematically ability spamming and grabbing wave after wave. Only real danger was Primes which, shockingly enough, are a little too big to drag over a console and stamp on their face.

We got a simultaneous triple grab at one point, that was pretty awesome. You pyros aint so tough when your face is all over the floor!

Fire off a few cobras for the extraction and maybe one or two for when the primes get too close and you're good to go. The fourth guy never worked it out and spend the round running around on his own dying.

Which room is this?

The one with a stair leading down to it and another leading up to it or at the bottom of the 2 flights of stairs with the ammo.

Gbear wrote: »
    Helped that I had the Geth plasma shotgun - best gun in the game for my money.

I give my vanguard a pistol. I kill things with my face and psychic powers...pff, guns.

Got my Victory Pack tonight, which had absolutely nothing of use in it. Still waiting on my Commendation Pack. Had two great games with my Sentinel though. Was just me left for 2 of the later waves, and managed to survive by the skin of my teeth. It really is satisfying when you manage to save the entire team, and even more so when no one has quit while waiting for you to kill the remaining enemies.

The Victory Pack was just another Jumbo Equipment Pack for me. I'm also waiting for my Commendation pack. There's also a special 'Premium Spectre Pack', two Rares with a higher chance for Ultra-Rare, for 99000 credits.

The Victory Pack was just another Jumbo Equipment Pack for me.

Same, not that i mind all the medi jel.

Varik wrote: »
    The Victory Pack was just another Jumbo Equipment Pack for me.

Same, not that i mind all the medi jel.
    I've about 30 or so now after all the equipment packs I bought, it's the Ops Survival Packs that I'm always low on.

It's nice getting the capacity upgrades, but it definitely puts a dent in the equipment you have stocked up. I can hold five of the Ops Packs, and I'll easily go through five in a game, just because I can really. Bad habits!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Nearly have my Quarian Engineer up to a decent level for gold runs. It's very annoying when team mates cannot recognise hacked geths :(

"The Prime is on our fcuking side!!!"

I've about 30 or so now after all the equipment packs I bought, it's the Ops Survival Packs that I'm always low on.

It's nice getting the capacity upgrades, but it definitely puts a dent in the equipment you have stocked up. I can hold five of the Ops Packs, and I'll easily go through five in a game, just because I can really. Bad habits!

I've never actually used the ops survival. What does it do?

• Advertisement

it gives you full health and a shield :) very handy

it gives you full health and a shield :) very handy

Yeah, I guess.. maybe more so on Gold which I havn't actually played yet.

There's such a low cost to dying that while I avoid it, I don't really get too worried if I do. And if you're hit with one of the instant kill moves it doesn't matter either way.

I am now the owner of the N7 Eagle and the N7 Crusader

Thank you Raptor & Goliath

Better get either the Valiant or Valkyrie later today. Want me a new Assault Rifle or Sniper.

Just died there, the 2 team mates i had who were alive did not revive me and spent 2 minutes ignoring the hack objective which guaranteed we failed.

Better get either the Valiant or Valkyrie later today. Want me a new Assault Rifle or Sniper.

Turns out you can't get a Valkyrie in the Commendation packs, it was only a pre-order exclusive for single player.

I got mine, got an upgrade for my Valiant. Quite happy with that, as it's my favourite weapon by far!

• Advertisement

Turns out you can't get a Valkyrie in the Commendation packs, it was only a pre-order exclusive for single player.

Really? Some people posted on the Penny Arcade forums saying they got the rifles.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Nearly have my Quarian Engineer up to a decent level for gold runs. It's very annoying when team mates cannot recognise hacked geths :(

"The Prime is on our fcuking side!!!"

Uhm, you realise that a Prime stays hacked for all of a few seconds, right? Your team is absolutely correct to beat the hell out of it while they can. If there are two primes and they're only shooting the hacked one then that's a bit silly I suppose, but you should decide right now that the main purpose of your hacking ability is to paralyse enemies for a short while with an added bonus that they might shoot a bad guy too - it is unreasonable and doomed to frustration to expect people to keep track of which ones you have hacked or not hacked and avoid shooting them for the three seconds they'll be on your side.

Still haven't gotten my Commendation Pack :(

Still haven't gotten my Commendation Pack :(

Neither have I. Apparently there were plenty of people last time that didn't get them but were supposed to, so it is looking like we were the unlucky ones this time.

Such a buggy game.

Zillah wrote: »
    Uhm, you realise that a Prime stays hacked for all of a few seconds, right? Your team is absolutely correct to beat the hell out of it while they can. If there are two primes and they're only shooting the hacked one then that's a bit silly I suppose, but you should decide right now that the main purpose of your hacking ability is to paralyse enemies for a short while with an added bonus that they might shoot a bad guy too - it is unreasonable and doomed to frustration to expect people to keep track of which ones you have hacked or not hacked and avoid shooting them for the three seconds they'll be on your side.

The most annoying thing is when they kill your Rocket Troopers. They stay hacked for a good while and can really decimate clusters of Troopers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement