Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAME Rewards and XBox Kinect

• 10-12-2010 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

How does the Game Rewards card work? is it like other store rewards cards where you clock up points to use them against purchases again?
    Buying himself a Kinect for xmas and managed to get a hold of his GAME rewards card but unsure how it works. the Kinect + Adventure & Sports games is €190 in Game and €180 in Smyths.
    Wondering which is better value in the long run. he usually buys all his games in Game so if buying the Kinect there means he will get more money off games again is it worth the extra tenner?
    If anyone could explain the rewards to me would be great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I bought a kinect in Game, with a second additional game, and I got 5 euro reward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

trixie11 wrote: »
    How does the Game Rewards card work? is it like other store rewards cards where you clock up points to use them against purchases again?
    Buying himself a Kinect for xmas and managed to get a hold of his GAME rewards card but unsure how it works. the Kinect + Adventure & Sports games is €190 in Game and €180 in Smyths.
    Wondering which is better value in the long run. he usually buys all his games in Game so if buying the Kinect there means he will get more money off games again is it worth the extra tenner?
    If anyone could explain the rewards to me would be great
    That's exactly how it works. If you link your card to your game.co.uk account then you'll be able to see exactly how much the points are worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Not sure of the exact amount but for every €100 spent ya get something like €2.50 back. So he will probably get around €5 back on his next purchase due to the amount the Kinect costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭trixie11

thanks for the replies guys. ended up getting it in tescos this morning for €119.95 with just adverntures game.
    call me biased cos im a girl but better to have tesco points to get money off the food shopping than €5 off his next game :p
    thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

180euro = 1800 points

100 points = 2.50euro..

If you buy online it would be cheaper and would get more money for them I would think.. Still get it in Smyths it aint worth hastle of buying in GAME to lose out on a 5er..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

I find Smyths quite expensive usually, particularly for preowned

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭trixie11

180euro = 1800 points

100 points = 2.50euro..

If you buy online it would be cheaper and would get more money for them I would think.. Still get it in Smyths it aint worth hastle of buying in GAME to lose out on a 5er..

have i got this right then..i spend €180 in Game gives me 1800 points and its €2.50 for every 100 points...thats €45 on the reward card to spend...why are people saying a fiver only?
    got the kinect+adventures game in Tescos anyways but want to get the Kinect Sports so will buy this in Game if the Rewards are what you say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

its actually 2.50 for every 1000 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    its actually 2.50 for every 1000 points

Yeah my bad :P must have forgotten the extra 0

Advertisement