Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinect in Tesco for €119

• 10-12-2010 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Just heard about this today from a friend and went down to check it out - this weekend only Kinect Sensor is €119 in Tesco - raging i paid 149 at launch!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭trixie11

in all tescos? i just checked with a friend who works in tesco and they knew nothing about that price just €149

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Are you sure, I cant see why Tescos would drop the price. Makes zero sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Smoggy wrote: »

Honestly, why would he make it up??

It's €119.95 in Tesco Coonagh Cross, Limerick, I can confirm that. Am I sure... yes, I can read.

BTW, still not worth it. Hold out people, the discounting/bundling will start in the new year!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭trixie11

its true! picked one up this morning for €119.95
    thanks OP, sorry i doubted you! :)

edit- just realised they didnt offer me the 2 yrs warranty? does this have to be bought when purchasing the kinect or can it be gotten elsewhere? or do i even need it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

trixie11 wrote: »
    its true! picked one up this morning for €119.95
    thanks OP, sorry i doubted you! :)

edit- just realised they didnt offer me the 2 yrs warranty? does this have to be bought when purchasing the kinect or can it be gotten elsewhere? or do i even need it!

The warranty is tied with the serial number, you can call Xbox and register it with your console and find out the warranty; if it's not two years then they'll probably amend it with proof of purchase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Checked Tesco Stillorgan, its at its normal price.
    should be reduced at the till

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Smoggy wrote: »

It makes lots of sense.

Lower the price and get in people who may not usually go to Tesco and there is a good chance that they might buy something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Dont get too excited - I bought ours last week and we werent all that mega impressed.
    Lets just say the kids played on it for about an hour and then it was ignored for the next 2 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

BengaLover wrote: »
    Dont get too excited - I bought ours last week and we werent all that mega impressed.
    Lets just say the kids played on it for about an hour and then it was ignored for the next 2 days.

Maybe Kinect is not the issue, have you considered changing your kids for more easily amused ones? ;)

I hope you take that ribbing in good faith... it was meant as a joke:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

BengaLover wrote: »

How old are yours?

I got the kinect but santa is bringing it on xmas day for a 4 and 5 year old.

Mine love the wii too!

*i thought it was great fun but was wrecked after 10 mins of jumping around......

• Registered Users Posts: 45 thebutlerdidit

4 & 5 should be OK with supervision i'd say - my 11 year old has complete command of it at this stage - no problems. My 2 and a half year old is a slightly different story - though obviously not playing it yet i thought it would be fun to show him Kinectimals.....he loved it but kept going up to the TV to touch the cute pets - but this of course blocks camera of the Kinect - you can't win.

Overall I'm really happy with it so far - tracking is very good on most games but important to look at game reviews before you purchase as I'm sure many developers will lash out games to make a quick buck like they did with the Wii before.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 thebutlerdidit

@trixie11 - not really surprised at Tesco staff not knowing about offers in their store - are you?

Advertisement