Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend A Good & Affordable Hotel

Options
  • 10-12-2010 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Hi all

i am headed down to cork city on the 28/29 december and would appreciate any info regarding good & affordable hotels.

i stayed in Issacs before and never again, the room i was in was facing McCurtain street and you couldn't sleep with all the noise of the traffic whizzing by outside.

what about the Maldron? the likes of the river lee hotel & clarion are beyond my budget.

Ta.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I wouldn't stay in the clarion again. Nice people, nice room, nice view of homeless people sleeping outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Whats your budget? €150pn might be affordable to some yet might be over the top to others.

who_ru wrote: »

what about the Maldron?

Some rooms are rumoured to be haunted :eek: I'm not into that sort of thing myself but staying in a hotel that is rumoured to be haunted doesn't appeal at all. Montenotte Hotel (formerly the Country Club) may be an option, not as dear as the Clarion etc. Probably a taxi required to and from to the City Center being realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

Clarion is nice, depending on what room you get.

Jurys maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

The Travelodge on the Kindale roundabout is €50 a night and you can cram as many people in the room as you want :pac: alternatively the Lancaster lodge is about €75 for the room and it's pretty good, plus you've got Café Paradiso across the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

The Imperial Hotel is nice but do request a quiet room as some of the rooms on the front can be noisy. There are some very good Room only rates.

Cork International Hotel at the airport is nice and does good rates but is probably a bit too far out of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

A friend of mine used to stay in the Maldron once a week for the last year. he says it is a kip. In fact the last night he stayed there he checked out at 4am in the morning because of all the noise in the place from other unruly guests.

I stay in the Maldron in Cardiff Lane in Dublin 2-3 nights a week & I find it good so it is not a dig at the Maldron group.

Jurys, Imperial, Clarion would all be fine in the city centre.

In fact the last night he stayed there he checked out at 4am in the morning because of all the noise in the place from other unruly guests.

Was he sure 'twasn't unruly ghosts ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

Also TravelLodge at the Kinsale road Roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

There are also some seriously good Guest Houses (Hotel Quality) on the Western Road, which is really close to the City Centre. One particularly good one is "The Crawford". I've heard brilliant reports about it from various people who've stayed there. If that's not available there are several others close by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

hi all

i decided to go with lancaster lodge.

thanks

Advertisement