Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shared ownership possible problem with application

Options
  • 10-12-2010 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I have researched shared ownership, and although I've seen the problems people have had with it, I'd still be interested in applying for it. I am a single parent, with a permanent full-time job and feel its the best option for me. But on the application form it asks you to state medical treatment received in the past 3 years. I have received treatment, but have never had a day sick from work with the condition.I'm in the process of getting letters from consultant to support my application. Has anyone been refused Shared Ownership on this basis? May I be refused out right, or could I have the option for a more comprehensive insurance/income protection, or do you think they would even request that? I am no longer on medication and condition is no longer affecting me, but I still have to declare it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

While the income protection insurance may be more expensive, there are other factors to consider.

As it is a pre-existing illness (assuming its recurring), they may not cover that illness at all. If you are out of work because of it, they might not may out.

The council may look at it more benevolently than the bank / insurer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 florita

Thanks for that Victor. I'll wait til I receive letters from consultant before applying as I think that might help. Fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 florita

Just wondering, has anyone been approved for shared ownership lately? If so,how long did the process take?

Advertisement