Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lunch in enniscorthy

Options
  • 11-12-2010 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Any recommendations? Any new places? haven't been out for lunch there in ages and not sure where to go.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Value for money has to be the River restaurant in the market square.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 smellslikelemon

Toffee and Thyme (if that's what they're still called) are lovely. It's just up the street from the Baked Potato.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

Depends what you are into, and how much you want to spend.

Toffee and Thyme is good, nice food, good staff, clean premises.

Personally I dont like the River Restaurant, maybe its improved, I havent been there for years. I like the Galo Chargrill (Portugese), Riverside Park Hotel (bar food and carvery), Maloccas in Slaney Street (excellent chipper food and pizza), and The Bailey does a good bar menu also.

Wherever you choose, I hope you enjoy your lunch!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Rackards Pub do a good lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 theforum

I think Via Vento (Weafer street) and Wallaces Italian beside Burger Macs are open for lunch as well.

Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

theforum wrote: »
    I think Via Vento (Weafer street) and Wallaces Italian beside Burger Macs are open for lunch as well.

Enjoy!

def recommend Wallaces & they used to do lunches by the way so suppose they're still at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

The golf club are open for food and Barry Whelan and his staff are giving good value for money. It's ideally located, especially when the town is block up with traffic, no problem parking and wifi available. It's open to none golfers and visitors alike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Crimbouser

The restaurant in kilcannon garden centre out the old dublin road is by far my favourite place (well thats open before 6pm). Nice people, nice place, nice food

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Irish Photos

Kilcannon is very good alright

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Ian7

The Cotton Tree Cafe near the Old Bridge do a great lunch but they are fairly popular at lunch times so you'd have to get in early to get a seat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

I can not recommend Burger Mac. I was there over the weekend, very poor quality I thought, horrible chips, not a nice burger at all, really poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Ian7

I don't know if you're trying to be funny or genuinely serious. I really doubt the OP is thinking of going to Burger Macs for a nice lunch though....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Mad in the Market Square is nice.

Galo Char-grill does a lovely lunch also.

The River Restaurant is pretty bad, imo.

Advertisement