Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction in Television

Options
  • 11-12-2010 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

I would like someone to review the LLS Dec 10th thread in the Television forum, as i believe i unfairly received an infraction having being baited continuously during the course of the thread, and at once stage was called the C word by a poster who tried to make it look like they were directing it towards my post, as per the 'Attack the post, not the poster' rule.

That post has since been removed by the Mod and the poster banned apparently.

I feel i was unfairly targeted for daring to have a differing opinion, and wanting to bring the thread back on topic. It was as if it was some sort of private thread where only certain members can post, and only if you dont go against the majority opinion.
    I was made to feel attacked by certain members, and my posts dismissed in an extremely patronising sexist way, which i was not prepared to accept, hence the outburst.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Hiya,

Did you PM the moderator who issued the infraction to talk it out with them before escalating it to this level?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Yes, they just told me to go here.

Can i also add i was given no warning, and feel i was targeted unfairly by both mods.
    One had also closed the thread i started for next weeks show for a time, stating that it was too early to start one, even though there is nothing about when you can or cant start a thread in the charter, and a previous weeks show had a thread started two weeks before the event.
    Close the thread, but dont lie about the reason!

And in relation to what caused my infraction, i told a poster to stop being a patronising d*ickhead, might i just draw your attention to this post in Prison if i may

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69463403&postcount=4

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm the one who closed the LLS thread for the 17th (it was far too early - guests aren't known until Thursday at the earliest). Against my better judgement (following a PM from Cherrycola) I opened it again. Today it turned into a train wreck, so I locked it again.

Comparing it to the Toy Show anticipation thread is not a fair comparison. It's a once a year show that generates much higher interest than the regular show.

Case closed on that point, as far as I'm concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I'd a look at the thread. I don't think you were being unfairly targeted to be honest. Did you report the offending posts? The best course of action would have been to report the post and ignore the name calling and moved on with the thread.

I do feel that the red card infraction was a bit harsh in your defence as there was no warning given that I could see, however I'm not a regular of the forum and don't have a feel for the place. I am unsure if this was a once off occurrence. However, in defence of the moderator you did break the rules of the forum;
    Foul language and cursing is not allowed on this forum...
    Try to be friendly & courteous to each other...

Again I'm sure it was in the heat of the moment and was probably a gut reaction to defend yourself but you did break the rules.

Will

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Fair enough, appreciate you taking the time to look into it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement