Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KWWSPCA

• 11-12-2010 1:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody here dealt with the KWWSPCA? How did you find them?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Whispered wrote: »
    Has anybody here dealt with the KWWSPCA? How did you find them?

Thanks.

Easy to find, here http://lmgtfy.com/?q=KWWSPCA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Well aren't you a helpful fella. I don't mean physically find them, I mean what were the experiences like with them. Nice use of sarcasm though.

Well aren't you a helpful fella. I don't mean physically find them, I mean what were the experiences like with them. Nice use of sarcasm though.

Sorry, when you said "How did you find them" i thought ya meant "How did ya find them" :P:P

I'm not much use here, never dealt wit them, sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

scudzilla wrote: »
    Easy to find, here http://lmgtfy.com/?q=KWWSPCA

How long did you have to wait for a suitable thread to post this on? :p

How long did you have to wait for a suitable thread to post this on? :p

A Looooooooooong time

But it felt soooooooo good ;)

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    But it felt soooooooo good ;)
    aww but you were sooooooo wrong.

Anyway - go away and let people who can help me reply. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭teacherspet

Enjoyed that. Dont often see that humour here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

aww but you were sooooooo wrong.

Anyway - go away and let people who can help me reply. :p

Sorry can't help but I am intrigued as to why you want to know.

Just wondering. I've only heard of them recently. ~They are in my area and I was thinking of helping out. Wanted to see if people have had good or bad experiences with them. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Can't help you either but from their site it looks a bit like they're the local pound spruced up a bit. In operation since 1940(Them or the ISPCA??) Kind of gives the impression they have recently re-located been re-named or branched out from somewhere else (1 cat & 1 dog for re-homing) and the website looks new (haven't come across it before). No harm in ringing the admin no. to make enquries ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I've had dealings with them as in taking Bull Breeds from them as they don't want to re-home them.

Thank you EGAR, that's good to know. If you could pm a bit more info that would be great, if you can't no worries.

Ha I googled & google gave me this

http://www.kwhumane.com/

which is a humane society in Canada - that's why I was so puzzled as to why you wanted to know :D

Yes they do run the dog Pounds & it would appear not very well as 237 dogs were killed there last year.

Oh yes understandable confusion. :D
    Discodog wrote: »
    Yes they do run the dog Pounds & it would appear not very well as 237 dogs were killed there last year.
    What do you mean they run the pounds, what pounds and how did you find that out?

Thanks.
    :)

Go here:

http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovernment/DogControl/

or here: http://www.environ.ie/en/Publications/LocalGovernment/DogControl/

On the right of the page you can download the "Dog Control Statistics" per year.

Dog Wardens Table 1 of the download, lists the Local Authorities & who runs the dog Pounds. It shows that Kildare & Wicklow pounds are run by the ISPCA (this usually means the local SPCA).

Strays Table 1 of the download, lists the number of dogs surrendered seized & killed. The figures are 186 for Kildare & 51 for Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭teacherspet

Discodog, that was a real eye opener reading those statistics. Looks like the Louth dog warden is really on the ball.

If you look at the Dog Warden table Louth have three wardens which is more than anywhere else except Dublin City. Every other LA has cut down & reduced it's wardens, Louth may follow.

It goes to show what can be done. Unfortunately the ISPCA Pounds do not perform well & Limerick is an utter disgrace.

Advertisement