Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Vs. Fattie!!

Options
  • 11-12-2010 2:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭

hey everyone,
    Im just looking for a bit of info from someone who may have an idea...
    For the past year or so Iv been toying with the idea of getting a tattoo,my first. Possibly a tribal on my back or up towards my shoulder, or something along the same line but on the back of my calf.
    Thing is im a pretty big guy hence the thread title:), and i wonder if I got a tat at 21 would it be gone to mush by the time im 25?
    I know this prob depends on alot of different factors but if anyone could give me any real-life advice from any experiences they might have?
    I wont be rushing into getting a tattoo so any advice would really help!!
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭tudlytops

i don't know if this help or not, but my other half, has tattoos for the best part of 30 years, some were done when he was skinny at about 8 st and some when he wasn't so skinny at about 16 stone, he is now back down to +/- 9 st and the tattoos are just fine, the older ones are faded but that has nothing to do with weight.

He has 4 on the harms, 3 on the back and one on his chest...

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

Il take any help I can get thanks alot!!
    Just worried bout wakin up in 3 years and seein a black smudge :D!!
    Do any of them look out of shape or anythin if you dont mind me asking?

Il take any help I can get thanks alot!!
    Just worried bout wakin up in 3 years and seein a black smudge :D!!
    Do any of them look out of shape or anythin if you dont mind me asking?

No, none, can send you pictures if you like.

He was 17 when he had his first one and 52 the last one so far lol, they are all fine, the old ones a bit faded, but that is to expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

No its ok i trust ya! just dont wanna wake up in a few years and see a smudge where my tat used to be!!

Does anyone know if it would make a difference what type of tattoo I got? as in the design of the tattoo if tribal is better than celtic or that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

my weight has yo-yoed 4 stone in the time I have been being tattooed. it doesn't seem to have had any effect, other than I have stretch marks I would be slow to get an intricate design over.

none of my tattoos are in rag order, some are 12 years old. I'd worry about the sun more than weight, tbh

• Advertisement

No its ok i trust ya! just dont wanna wake up in a few years and see a smudge where my tat used to be!!

Does anyone know if it would make a difference what type of tattoo I got? as in the design of the tattoo if tribal is better than celtic or that?

he has celtic and non celtic tattoos, they are all fine.

My advice would be to go talk to a tattoo artist, you don't have to commit to anything, but you will get all the info you need to make up your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

I had a consultation with an artist today and he recommended not to get my stomach tattooed cause it can stretch, so I'd definitely chat to an artist as they probably see a lot of that during their work :-)

Advertisement