Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Arsenal [8.00pm Sky Sports 1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

niallo27 wrote: »
    I was more responding to the rape comment, he got a few crosses in, he didn't do that much, my point is your never going to keep nani quiet for 90 mins and I thought clichy did ok

I dont know. The image in my head is of clichy dispossesing nani at the edge of the box and nani was able to run back nip the ball from behind turn and almost scored in the top corner. That is hardly assured defending from clichy. And unfortunately Nani has been kept quiet on a few occasions this season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Can't understand statements like that, I must have been watching a different match then. As per usual Howard Webb does his best to f*ck United over and thankfully it does not work tonight.

Did you see Rio's tackle though? Foot high, studs showing and all his momentum going through the opposing player as he's off the ground, if that's not reckless I don't know what is. It wasn't too far away from what De Jong did to Alonso in the world cup, especially when you take into consideration he was actually going for the ball with his head and not his foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Did you see Rio's tackle though? Foot high, studs showing and all his momentum going through the opposing player as he's off the ground, if that's not reckless I don't know what is. It wasn't too far away from what De Jong did to Alonso in the world cup, especially when you take into consideration he was actually going for the ball with his head and not his foot.
    Skinning someones knee is almost the same as Kung Fu kicking someone in the chest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Lol @ wenger blaming the pitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

The Muppet wrote: »
    Cue Archi's league leaders at christmas image.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

cson wrote: »
    Who was young and inexperienced in that team other than Wilshere and the keeper? Everyone else is an International or else has a bag load of appearences for us.

Chamakh, Koscielny, Arshavin, even Nasri - all still relatively new to the Premier League and look great against the smaller teams, but less so against the big teams from what i've seen so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Quazzie wrote: »
    If it was a stream you were watching then I'd check it was a live one and not a repeat of an old game. I don't think even the most die hard United fans would say that the ref was against them tonight. You might even find a few honest ones who suggest the opposite.;)

Did Howard Webb award the penatly because he felt like it, or because the linesman flagged for a handball. Bad decision, but it wasn't made by Webb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Chamakh, Koscielny, Arshavin, even Nasri - all still relatively new to the Premier League and look great against the smaller teams, but less so against the big teams from what i've seen so far!

United did their work and kept them quiet. Just like United stopped VDV, Bale, Modric.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Skinning someones knee is almost the same as Kung Fu kicking someone in the chest?
    Did you seriously not see the ripped jersey for the remainder of the game? If Sagna was 6 inches to the right it would've been the very same as DeJong's.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Did Howard Webb award the penatly because he felt like it, or because the linesman flagged for a handball. Bad decision, but it wasn't made by Webb.

Where did I claim the penalty was Webbs decision?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    :confused:

Is this not your handiwork ?

picture.php?albumid=102&pictureid=4521

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

We all knew it was coming though:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

What an absolute bore of a match yet again between the so called top attacking teams of the EPL. Great attacking intent by both teams setting out a 4-5-1 formation, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 Bad teams playing out a brutal game.

Did you seriously not see the ripped jersey for the remainder of the game? If Sagna was 6 inches to the right it would've been the very same as DeJong's.
    If de john was six inches taller, he would have decapitated Alonso.

Luckily, however, if's and ands don't change anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

United did their work and kept them quiet. Just like United stopped VDV, Bale, Modric.

Not just against United, but dropping the 2-0 lead against Spurs, the collapse in Ukraine, and were also easily second best against Chelsea at the Bridge.

Just surprised that some Arsenal fans aren't a tad concerned about this.

Is this not your handiwork ?

picture.php?albumid=102&pictureid=4521

I've never seen that before in my life! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Do you honestly think Ferdinand caught Sagna in the knee?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭jaykay74

What happened to the Arsenal flowing football seen against the whipping boys of europe and the epl ? Was it the pressing from Utd or was it lack of big game experience or something else.

If Sagna had a skinned knee I'd listen to the BS you're spouting, but its been proven you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    I've never seen that before in my life! :confused:

Someone posted it here at one stage I though it was you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Warper wrote: »
    What an absolute bore of a match yet again between the so called top attacking teams of the EPL. Great attacking intent by both teams setting out a 4-5-1 formation, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 Bad teams playing out a brutal game.

liverpool fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Someone posted it here at one stage I though it was you.

Definitely not me anyway, sorry to disappoint you! :o

Knee? I think you should go to specsavers Doc.

Sagna was lucky Rio didn't shred his balls to bits. Reckless to the extreme.

Cantona showed Rio how to kick with style.............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Warper wrote: »
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

sleepwalking is curse

sleepwalking is curse

Whilst sleep-posting shíte is a serious matter. He should get that seen to.

Knee? I think you should go to specsavers Doc.

Sagna was lucky Rio didn't shred his balls to bits. Reckless to the extreme.
    He clearly barely even touched him tbh, I was under the inclination it was more a dive than anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

He did and he's only trying to wind people up I'd say cos surely noone is that antagonistic to try and defend THAT tackle.
    If Sagna had a skinned knee I'd listen to the BS you're spouting, but its been proven you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

It's probably just best to ignore people defending the indefensible. It was a dangerous tackle. Maybe not intentional but dangerous

Utd did well though....should give them a big boost going to SB on sunday and with Chelsea not playing well there's a huge opportunity for them.

doc_17 wrote: »
    He did and he's only trying to wind people up I'd say cos surely noone is that antagonistic to try and defend THAT tackle.

It's probably just best to ignore people defending the indefensible. It was a dangerous tackle. Maybe not intentional but dangerous

Utd did well though....should give them a big boost going to SB on sunday and with Chelsea not playing well there's a hug opportunity for them.
    I don't think they'll get any hugs at stamford bridge, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

He clearly barely even touched him tbh, I was under the inclination it was more a dive than anything else.

Very smart, lack of logical though, outlandish posts. You're trying to win some worst poster of the year award on boards aren't you ?

A gash in his shirt, just above his testes, about 8 inches wide.

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Very smart, lack of logical though, outlandish posts. You're trying to win some worst poster of the year award on boards aren't you ?
    Nope, just the december award.

I thought I'd give this being blind and cynical thing a go in the second half, the Arsenal lads seemed to be having great craic with in the first half, thought how bad, might aswell give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭jaykay74

OptaJoe on Twitter: "10 - Arsenal have lost 10 and drawn one of their last 11 games against Man Utd & Chelsea in all comps, scoring only five goals. Block."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Anyone know the name of the song played during the end of program compilation of the match tonight on Sky Sports? Need to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Dee-f*cking-lighted with that. A well deserrved three points. Parky yet again comes up with the goods on the big occasion, my favourite United player, beautiful little b*stard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,855 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Chilean miners were at the match

Well done MU back on top now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

If Walcott could play football, he would be a decent footballer.

Mentioned last week about Arsenals disciplinary record, it was not until tonight that i actually saw it for myself, and before people blame Howard Webb, he has not refereeed all of Arsenals games this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

flahavaj wrote: »
    Dee-f*cking-lighted with that. A well deserrved three points. Parky yet again comes up with the goods on the big occasion, my favourite United player, beautiful little b*stard.

christine to sink ye next sunday me thinks

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Chilean miners were at the match

11 of them played for Arsenal!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

BERBA wrote: »
    christine to sink ye next sunday me thinks

The win today means that would be far from the end of the world.

If Walcott could play football, he would be a decent footballer.

Mentioned last week about Arsenals disciplinary record, it was not until tonight that i actually saw it for myself, and before people blame Howard Webb, he has not refereeed all of Arsenals games this season.

They've definitely upped their tackling to near dangerous levels. But I have to say though, when a team like BBurn, Stoke, Wolves etc. come to kick Arsenal off the park it's considered the honest english game. When Arsenal do it, it's considered cynical play by those cheating foreigners.

Not necessarily this game mind, but there have been a lot more fouls given against us this season when we've tried to match teams at their own game. I remember one particular incident against WBA (I think), Arshavin played clean through only to be shoulder barged and knocked to the ground by Olsen. 3 minutes later Arshavin shoulders Olsen off the ball as he's turning him and a foul is given. There have been plenty more incidents like that throughout the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

Fair play to United. But from a neutral point of view. I don't think i've ever seen such average players grace a United and Arsenal match. That was a terrible advertisement for the Premiership tonight. In direct contrast to El Classico 2 weeks ago. Sky can't seriously believe the hype when they say that The Premiership is the best in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Awful awful game of football. First half was pure muck. Both teams just giving it away in midfield. Second half Arsenal started brightly but just couldn't do anything with all their possession.

They fell away for Man United to have a go at Arsenal only for the game to go back into first half mode when both teams were giving away the ball again.

Was kind of glad Rooney missed tbh. Very harsh penalty to give away really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

That didn't really answer his question, that was terrible foul from Ferdinand and the fact the ref didn't even give a free was a disgrace.

People who make posts like yours above should really not make posts like your post below :rolleyes:
    Epic post with no tinted specs, I salute you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Sajan wrote: »
    Fair play to United. But from a neutral point of view. I don't think i've ever seen such average players grace a United and Arsenal match. That was a terrible advertisement for the Premiership tonight. In direct contrast to El Classico 2 weeks ago. Sky can't seriously believe the hype when they say that The Premiership is the best in the world.

Look at it this way, 3, maybe 5 teams could win the league this season. 1, maybe 2 teams can win it every season in Spain.

Spain have the best big 2, but best league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Rooney lucky to stay on the pitch at the end. Very dirty. Very disappointed with that. was needless and extremely stupid.

I thought I was the only person that saw that considering it wasn't mentioned at all and there was no replay shown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

They've definitely upped their tackling to near dangerous levels. But I have to say though, when a team like BBurn, Stoke, Wolves etc. come to kick Arsenal off the park it's considered the honest english game. When Arsenal do it, it's considered cynical play by those cheating foreigners.

Not necessarily this game mind, but there have been a lot more fouls given against us this season when we've tried to match teams at their own game. I remember one particular incident against WBA (I think), Arshavin played clean through only to be shoulder barged and knocked to the ground by Olsen. 3 minutes later Arshavin shoulders Olsen off the ball as he's turning him and a foul is given. There have been plenty more incidents like that throughout the season.
    Refs still give Arsenal on average a lot more free's and don't punish them as much as other teams it's a very smart approach by wenger always putting pressure on the refs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Glad united got through that injury free, some of the tackles put in by Arsenal were atrocious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Sorry I think you have missed the point.

I dont mind a team being physical even over the top if theyre honest about it. Attention is drawn when Arsenal do it as Wenger has moaned quite a bit before about teams being rough with them. That is the reason it gets highlighted

Advertisement