Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Arsenal [8.00pm Sky Sports 1]

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

gosplan wrote: »
    Chamakh's handball that wasn't given was a penno though if I'm not mistaken. Ball came from far away, he went to head it but it hit his hand.

Exactly. Not that any of it made any difference in the end.

Delighted with the result, although beating Arsenal seems very regular these days. Having been fairly average all season, United find themselves top with a game in hand. The game vs Chelsea will be interesting, the results of the last couple of fixtures vs Chelsea haven't matched the general performance, especially at Stamford Bridge last year. Even a draw puts United into a great position going into a fairly soft Christmas period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Exactly. Not that any of it made any difference in the end.

Delighted with the result, although beating Arsenal seems very regular these days. Having been fairly average all season, United find themselves top with a game in hand. The game vs Chelsea will be interesting, the results of the last couple of fixtures vs Chelsea haven't matched the general performance, especially at Stamford Bridge last year. Even a draw puts United into a great position going into a fairly soft Christmas period.

Agreed, with a half decent ref at Stamford bridge last season we wouldnt of lost and would of won the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Either Arselol or Arselona turn up, we got the former.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

Just on the penalty...
    I believe it was unintentional, however had to be punished, it was a hand ball in the box which stopped Nani running by him. To those who don't think it should have been a penalty, what if it was the same hand ball but stopped the ball rolling over the goal line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought United merited the win. I can't recall VDS being tested much whereas their keeper had to make some good stops. Great goal by Park and it's nice to see more and more United fans realising what a great talent he is, and how lucky the club are to have him. On the penalty, I didn't think it was one personally but it hardly matters considering how that went.

I think it's silly to write Arsenal off on the basis of the game. Same goes for if United are beaten by Chelsea. There will be many more twists and turns yet. It's encouraging that the United defence played so well and seem to have recovered from the early season wobbles. I'd be nervous though if Ferdinand got injured and Evans had to come in again. Nani continues to look dangerous. I thought Clichy handled him pretty well overall and yet he was still able to conjure up some threatening moments. Things are looking up and the Chelsea game should be a fascinating scrap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Dave! wrote: »
    Just watched the highlights

-Arsenal didn't look very threatening at all tbh
    -Impressive contortionism from Park for the goal!

I agree, I was at the game and was shiitting it! It looked like we were under serious pressure and very lucky second half. Looked at the highlights and it looked a lot less tougher. They just kept it and couldnt break United down. I was wondering why Wenger was not bulling in his interview on sky after the game.

Not a great performance, United just deserved it I think after viewing the highlights.

Chelsea game will be tough though and I still cant see us getting 3 points.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Moan moan moan.... United > Arsenal na na na na na naaaaaa

Ok think we got it..;):rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

cson wrote: »

His hand was on the ground after he slipped; Nani then kicked the ball off it. It wasn't instantaneous - Clichy slipped tried to get back up and the ball was kicked at his hand. As I posted earlier; neither deliberate nor accidental = not a penalty.

As i said i don't think intent comes into it. He stopped the run of the ball with his hand dispossessing Nani, while it's harsh it's still the right call imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

Gonna leave the voting for Man of the Match for the Arsenal game open until tonight.

As always, the vote is open to all with the only request being that you don't be a dick with your votes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

Gonna leave the voting for Man of the Match for the Arsenal game open until tonight.

As always, the vote is open to all with the only request being that you don't be a dick with your votes.

I was thinking it was Chelsea game you left it open for, its far to early for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Results for MotM vs Arsenal are in.

Overall Results.

1. Anderson.
    2. Rafael
    3. Vidic+Park

United Fan vote results:

1. Anderson
    2. Rafael
    3. Park

Non-United fan vote (6 Votes)

1. Vidic