Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axl Rose voted greatest lead singer of all time

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Paul Rodgers should be there, he probably has one of the best voices in rock n roll and he still has it at his age.
    Myles Kennedy should be acknowledged too especially after the stuff he did with Slash.
    Roger Daltrey and Chris Cornell definately should be in the too 10 too,Kurt Cobain getting in instead of them is nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

These polls are a load of shaight because of the way they are conducted... Axl Rose isn't the greatest lead singer, he's the most popular.

There's a big difference. But that's why Kurt Cobain also appears in the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭dirtypanties

hell no!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

komodosp wrote: »
    These polls are a load of shaight because of the way they are conducted... Axl Rose isn't the greatest lead singer, he's the most popular.

There's a big difference. But that's why Kurt Cobain also appears in the list.
    All of that. Lists are just stupid when conducted by internet survey or some similar bull****, utterly ****ing pointless. I was listening to Radio Nova yesterday on the way home from college and one of the topics for the day was on a 'Best bass player ever' conducted by Gibson and top of which was none other than..... Paul McCartney — and they agreed! Come on!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Riddle101 wrote: »
    came across this today. It's a top ten list of the greatest lead singers of all time, so I thought i'd post it here

Here's the Top 10 as voted by the visitors:

...1. Axl Rose
    2. Freddie Mercury
    3. Robert Plant
    4. Ronnie James Dio
    5. John Lennon
    6. Bruce Dickinson
    7. Thom Yorke
    8. Kurt Cobain
    9. Matt Bellamy
    10. Paul McCartney

Source(s): musicradar.com

Now I only have two problems about the list. The first being that IMO Freddie Mercury should be first. The other is the fact that Kurt Cobain is on the list, and that he has made 8th on it. Now I respect Kurt and all, but let's be real here. Should he be on the list, when guys like Ozzy Osbourne, Roger Daltry, Bruce Springstein, Eddie Veder and James Hetfield aren't(I'm being biased with the last one) Nonetheless, here's the list.

P.S sorry if already posted. Didn't see it anywhere

Chris Cornell is the glaring omission for me here. Roger Daltrey too. 2 Fantastic singers with amazing ranges. Kurt Cobain should not be on that list or even close to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

komodosp wrote: »

Is he not one of the most hated lead singers? He was a very good front man thats for sure with good distinctive vocals, and defo deserves to be near the top ...Paul mc Cartney and Matt Bellamy....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

The fact Axl topped Mercury is a disgrace, they both deserve to be up there, but Mercury was (without question) the most unique vocalist of perhaps any genre in the last 100 years - everyone from Thrash Metal vocalists to Rap Artists to disposable Pop stars and Hard House DJs cite Mercury as some kind of influence...that says it all

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

As others have said, it's definitely a popularity contest rather than a singing contest. For whatever reason it's a bit skewed towards male, white, classic hard rock singers.

My top 10 would be
    Mercury
    Elvis
    Plant
    Little Richard
    Annie Lennox
    Jagger
    Grohl
    Axl Rose
    Debbie Harry
    John Fogerty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

(Axl Rose)
    Is he not one of the most hated lead singers?
    Yes but you can be most hated and most popular!

Advertisement