Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 3 - Arena

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

robbie7730 wrote: »
    My son and my da and myself usually play over net against each other.

3 generations? Legendary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

quarryman wrote: »
    3 generations? Legendary.

Yes its actually funny as well, my lad just destroys us without much effort, he is always on the online servers of which there are no shortage, my da finds places to hide if its the bigger maps and snipes with the rail gun, its a laugh. I just run a server for when we are playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Was always more of a UT99 guy myself, had the game rigged to the bollox with mods which made offline play fantastic. Was pretty good online too though sometimes the 56k would let me down when against ISDN players :pac: I was such a trolling bastard in the chat room where you'd select a game to join.

Quake 3 I liked but compared to UT I found it far too fast-paced. Still, went back to Quake Live and was fun re-living old Pentium II memories. :D

Wouldn't mind cracking open UT99 again for old times sake, apparently plenty of folk still play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Sharrow wrote: »

best damn site on the planet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind cracking open UT99 again for old times sake, apparently plenty of folk still play it.

If you need some help setting it up again throw me a pm, iv got a few dedicated servers too we could mess about on, or anyone who wants to for that matter. Would be nice to shoot with some fellow irish dudes for a change, not many left in the scene anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Sisko wrote: »
    I always like UT99 much more.

Then again I was always more into CTF then pure deathmatch.

Facing worlds ftw

One of my all time favourite levels. Thanks for reminding me, I went back to play it again, still brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I'll be playing Quake 3 with my brother later today :D

Absolutely brilliant game, wish more FPS's were like this nowadays.

I'll be playing Quake 3 with my brother later today :D

Absolutely brilliant game, wish more FPS's were like this nowadays.

Are you playing it later on a local network or over the net? Im not too great at it but would be a laugh to have a game

Are you playing it later on a local network or over the net?

Local, sorry.

• Advertisement

You could throw in the ip address here and fire away:D

You could throw in the ip address here and fire away:D

Maybe I will :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I missed the days when FPS's like this didn't take themselves seriously and at times, actually required skill. But then someone had the bright idea of incorporating regenerating health and that alone ruined everything, along with all the other dumbed down crap, just for profit. Hopefully, Serious Sam 3 will change all that when it releases this year.

Still, I would love to see what it would be like if we took a 12 year old CoD player and see how he reacts when playing Quake 3 online.

I missed the days when FPS's like this didn't take themselves seriously and at times, actually required skill. But then someone had the bright idea of incorporating regenerating health and that alone ruined everything. Hopefully, Serious Sam 3 will change all that when it releases this year.

Still, I would love to see what it would be like if we took a 12 year old CoD player and see how he reacts when playing Quake 3 online.

Just run one of the mods on quake, you can setup the server with no pickups, life does not regenerate, its just frag or be fragged. We run our one faster than the default, just have 4 weapons, or just the rail gun depending which server we run.

Advertisement