Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on waterproof mp3

• 11-12-2010 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi
    I would like to buy one of these for my husband who is doing a fair bit of swimming at the moment. He only learned to swim a couple of years ago,and took up triathlon last year.

I have looked at :
    Speedo aquabeat
    Finis Swimp3
    Nu Technology Dolphin touch
    Exeze

The reviews are soooo mixed, I cant decide which would be the best buy.

Advice??
    Thanks
    P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nivek13

Hi , I am exactly the same all the reviews are sooooooooo mixed !! they are probably the most mixed reviews i have ever seen for any product and i use review sites all the time!! i was thinking of getting the Speedo one to test it out so will let you know how i get on as soon as i have it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Sorry to drag up a year old thread, but does anyone use any of above. I want to buy an underwater mp3 player, I was hoping I could get it cheap enough. (It is just after Christmas tbf)

Also, Im a little bit paranoid about the top part of those three part earbuds detaching in my ear :eek: I read an article about someone who this happened to (it wasnt an underwater mp3 player or anything)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I got the Speedo Aquabeat, couldn't get on with it at all. Found the design of the earphones really bad, incredibly awkward to put on (you have to hook them over the back of the ear, then get the bud in at a 90 degree angle), and obviously you've no option to use different earphones. Tried them twice in the pool, disaster both times, let in water, couldn't hear a thing. Gave up on them then, a huge waste of money for me.

Other models might be better if the earphone design is better, but having been burned for a waste of money once (and they're not cheap), I'm reluctant to try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

padraig_f wrote: »
    I got the Speedo Aquabeat, couldn't get on with it at all. Found the design of the earphones really bad, incredibly awkward to put on (you have to hook them over the back of the ear, then get the bud in at a 90 degree angle), and obviously you've no option to use different earphones. Tried them twice in the pool, disaster both times, let in water, couldn't hear a thing. Gave up on them then, a huge waste of money for me.

Other models might be better if the earphone design is better, but having been burned for a waste of money once (and they're not cheap), I'm reluctant to try again.

Yea, they're fairly expensive all right. I will have a look later on, I think there are a few cheaper options out there (player and earphones).

Is it not a case with the ear phones that you can buy one of those rubber hats and bring it the whole way down over your ear? Currently I wear fabric hats cause I find the rubber ones uncomfortable but I could change this if need be.

Advertisement