Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power City - Returns Policy

Options
  • 11-12-2010 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭

These guys really got on my nerves this morning.

Last night I bought two 2pin to 3pin socket convertors for €8 cash. When I got home I realised I didn't need them. So drove back this morning with unopened packs and receipt and am being forced to hold onto €8 of store credit.

This is not the way to treat customers - or customers that have spent serious euros with them on TV's and other electrical applicances. They have my details, they could have checked to see what I've spent with them over the years. Spoke to 3 guys - last fella called <name removed> ( senior sales staff wouldn't give me his surname) was the biggest smart arse told me it shouldn't be a problem if I spend so much money with them. Arseholes. They have definitely lost me as a customer over this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You had no right to a refund, and expecting one was wrong. It would be nice if they had, but it was totally up to them. They offered you store credit, which is actually quite reasonable.

Given the attitude you've shown in this post though, I'm not surprised they didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

So Power City are to blame because You didn't make yourself aware of their returns policy?

And why is it that consumers think that because they spent "serious" money in a shop - that they are entitled to treatment above and beyond the company policy?

And as for "smart arse" employee - why should he jeopardise his job to go against company policy? From the tone of your post you didn't exactly go in with a reasonable attitude.

By the way - what was so bad with the credit? There's lots of things for about €8 that you could get. Or hold onto it until you need a new kettle/toaster/iron.

Oh wait, you're never going back there again. Cutting off your nose to spite your face - over €8 and your assumption that you are entitled to a refund for anything you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Both sides are at "fault" here.

The OP had no right to a refund, nor indeed for store credit, as the items were not defective.

Powercity were not obliged to issue a refund, nor even the store credit, but for the sake of €8.00 they should have. They have lost a customer over about €4.00 in profit. Not good business practise to be honest.

Everyones a non-winner!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

so the op has spent "serious" euros with power city, but then quibs about €8 because he changed his mind on a product and wants the shop to obey his request for a refund even though there is absolutely zero legal requirement fro the store to do so and many other store have the exact same policy.

Surely you could have picked up €8 of stuff and done a straight swop - they always have loads of low price items such as batteries, plugs, extensions, light bulbs etc etc etc. And they would have allowed this even though they wouldn't have had to do it.

Advertisement