Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

set-up for receiving Asian channels

• 11-12-2010 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi all
    I'm wondering what set-up would be best to receive channels from Korea, Japan, etc. I don't know anything about this. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Over the satellite horizon I'm afraid:( Realistically, you can only receive from satellites beaming into Europe, some Middle East and former Russian States.

There are some Chinese and news and informational channels, plus occasional other Asian programmes and NHK broadcast news and information (dubbed into English) but these are available from the Astra satellite (SKY / Freesat) and other local satellites. Not much I'm afraid.

I'm assuming you are trying to receive Asian domestic channels - if so you're out of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

zipzoc wrote: »
    Hi all
    I'm wondering what set-up would be best to receive channels from Korea, Japan, etc. I don't know anything about this. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

This might be worth a look.:)

http://medlem.spray.se/broadbandtv/countries_i-p.html

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sombaht

I'm not sure about Korean and Japanese stations but you can receive Thai channels on the Hotbird satellite. You will need an 80cm dish to receive Hotbird.

Cheers,
    sombaht

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Click on the country you want http://www.flysat.com/fta.php for Japan and Korea it looks like Astra 19 and Hotbird 13 east are your only chance for FTA channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Japan fares pretty badly in terms of coverage - pretty much only NHK International (new and Japan promo stuff), which is available on Astra 2 (SKY) as I said.

• Advertisement
Advertisement