Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United V Liverpool. 5:30pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

roy certainly deserves the boot with the team he has
    Looking at the team Liverpool have out, I don't see a huge gulf between those players and the Newcastle ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

mister6.jpg
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Liverpool players are to blame for this. Only Merelies tried a leg today
    Torres should be dropped for a while and get his act together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭mada999

brutal from the pool...... Good luck Roy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

TIOTE is an animal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

i fcuking love it.

I wonder if Mister Men will give us a post saying how lucky we were to have won. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

baz2009 wrote: »
    How was my post incorrect?
    Have Newcastle been beaten by Chelsea or Arsenal this season?

He was referring to me stating that his post was elitist - his response once again reeked of it wouldn't worry bout it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Mister men wrote: »
    And the buck stops with the manager. He is'nt good enough for this club.

Was it you telling me lucas was player of the season for us last week? Absolute disgrace again today, i would bollock an u12 for not closing down a player like lucas did just there.

Keep saying it, this squad with its maxis etc are not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

With the team he has we should be 5-7 at the least.

Ye are 1 point of 7th and it's still December, Roy has inherited a squad full of average players and injury prone star players and he is 4 points of 5th, TBh he ain't doing to bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Thank you paddy power for your 16-1 special.

Newcastle to win
    10 or less corners
    Card Index:Up to and Incl 35 pts @ 17.00
    Live Trebles
    Newcastle v Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Newcastle were there for the taking today, worrying for pool fans that ye didnt take the chance...

That match was most definitely for Chris Hughton, 3 players whos careers he has set alight!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,599 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

SlickRic wrote: »
    surprise surprise...Liverpool are shít away from home under Hodgson.

it seems like the Spurs game was an illusion.

Pretty much the same imo, get on top, miss chance after chance after chance. Then give away a couple of shockingly badly defended goals. Sickening.

Well done Newcastle.

Carroll is a fantastic player, especially in the air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Thank you paddy power for your 16-1 special.

Newcastle to win
    10 or less corners
    Card Index:Up to and Incl 35 pts @ 17.00
    Live Trebles
    Newcastle v Liverpool

And thank you for the after timing. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Somebody needs to have a word with him, he hasn't got the heart for the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Enjoy the win toon supporters, ye deserve it after the sh1t being spouted to ye this week. Good team, good supporters, crap owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Looking at the team Liverpool have out, I don't see a huge gulf between those players and the Newcastle ones.
    :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Pep will leave.

Nando will too.

and who could blame them?

our club will be a shell of its former self by the time this season is over, mark my words.

sick of this shít, away from home especially.

And here comes the question.

Would the liverpool fans accept Hughton as Roys replacement?

Are you taking the piss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

M5 wrote: »
    mister6.jpg
    ;)

ScoldingMrHappy_lg.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Only Woy could fail to capitalise on the week that the toon have had.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

How many more games will we lose this season, could be well over ten by the end ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Awful

Lucas and Meireles must have been reading about the Liverpool thread and everyone hyping up their partnership. They never got a grip on the game. Lucas was particularly poor, i thought.

Skrtel and Soto were bad. Skrtel had his worst game for Liverpool.

Are you taking the piss?
    A small bit.

He's a decent manager though, arguably better than roy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Carroll is a special player, he must be a nightmare to play against. Ranger caused problems when he came on.

Liverpools were very poor, The slick pacy passing they displayed in their last game absent again, midfield were invisible , I had forgotton Lucas was on until he was mentioned second half.

Pep will leave.

Nando will too.

our club will be a shell of its former self by the time this season is over, mark my words.

I know this might sound stupid but in the long run I think that might work for the better, a blank canvas and what not. This squad and Team has Rafa written all over it, can't be easy for Roy or any future manage to work with.

No imo the manager at every football club on the planet is the one at fault for the players not putting in the effort. The manager is'nt getting the best out of this group and it's HIS fault. With the players Liverpool have and the players Newcastle have we should have wiped the floor with them.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Meireles and N'Gog aside, the rest were facking appalling for us. Kuyt while lacks any technical ability at least tries, Torres on the otherhand.......

.. disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Pep will leave.

Nando will too.

Well Nando can fcuk off the way he is playing this season. Only reputation is saving from a greater fan backlash but his attitude, not just form, has been awful.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    And thank you for the after timing. ;)

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Awful

Lucas and Meireles must have been reading about the Liverpool thread and everyone hyping up their partnership. They never got a grip on the game. Lucas was particularly poor, i thought.

Skrtel and Soto were bad. Skrtel had his worst game for Liverpool.

Completely agree - Meireles does look to inject life into our play when he gets the ball to be fair but Soto, Skrtel & Lucas were shocking not to mention Torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

Well done Newcastle, deserved everything out of this game. Great for the fans just a pity Ashley will be so smug after this now too.

Of course we will go on to beat Fulham with a good display next week at Anfield. A manager that cant win away from home. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Great end to a horrible week for us, thought Pool were going to sneak it at 1-1, looked more likely to score. But absolutely delighted.
    Well done lads. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

copacetic wrote: »
    Pretty much the same imo, get on top, miss chance after chance after chance. Then give away a couple of shockingly badly defended goals. Sickening.
    So let me get this right. You are blaming Hodgson for them missing chance after chance after chance?

I'm not giving Hodgson a pass on what happened today but I mean Torres was very, very poor today. If Hodgson takes him off early(which he should have imo) will he go demanding a transfer?

But Maxi should have been taking off a lot earlier than he was. Liverpool should have been attacking down the left more often. The amount of times Konchesky was available on that side in space and wasn't used was just criminal. He put in a great cross shortly before half time and then they don't give him the opportunity again.

With the players Liverpool have and the players Newcastle have we should have wiped the floor with them.

:rolleyes:

Spoofer much, Newcastle have some great players, a good spirit and create a mighty atmosphere at home and you expected to wipe the floor, get a grip.

• Advertisement

Pep will leave.

Nando will too.

I wouldn't blame him if i thought he was giving it his all for the cause but he's not, so we shouldn't have to feel like we're being a burden on him at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Meireles and N'Gog aside, the rest were facking appalling for us. Kuyt while lacks any technical ability at least tries, Torres on the otherhand.......

.. disgraceful.

N'Gog was sh*te too, to be fair

I think Kuyt was the worst player on the pitch, and has been for the last 3 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Fair play to Newcastle for taking their chances in the second half although I have to admit that when I seen Barton score I nearly got sick. He shouldn't be playing imo, he only got a 3 match ban for acting like a scumbag against Blackburn. He should have gotten a lot longer.

WAT WENT WONG WOY
    Roy_Hodgson_1409480c.jpg

Roy leaving the pitch, with his newcastle tie ,waving to Mike Ashley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

How much? :D

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,599 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

eagle eye wrote: »
    So let me get this right. You are blaming Hodgson for them missing chance after chance after chance?

Please point out anywhere I mentioned Hodgson?

Fair play to Newcastle for taking their chances in the second half although I have to admit that when I seen Barton score I nearly got sick. He shouldn't be playing imo, he only got a 3 match ban for acting like a scumbag against Blackburn. He should have gotten a lot longer.
    Why?

He was punished?

He took his punishment?

He came back and scored?

He barely even touched Pedersen, Pedersen over-reacted aswell, should he have been punished for theatrics?

peabutler wrote: »

Spoofer much, Newcastle have some great players, a good spirit and create a mighty atmosphere at home and you expected to wipe the floor, get a grip.
    I have a grip. Liverpool have superior players to Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

M5 wrote: »
    Newcastle were there for the taking today, worrying for pool fans that ye didnt take the chance...

That match was most definitely for Chris Hughton, 3 players whos careers he has set alight!

You see, this is what wrecks my head the most. No offense to Newcastle (and fair play, overall, you's deserved it), but we could have won that tonight.

Hodgson needs to sort this sh!t out. We should have just attacked them. We're grand at Anfield when the likes of West Ham and Villa sit back, but when teams go at us, we're f*cked. The away record is shocking. Ours in general and Hodgson's in general. Just sort it out Roy. Just sort it out.

nice you won lots more tipex that you staked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

peabutler wrote: »

I'd love to know who those great players for Liverpool were to be honest.

Johner wrote: »
    How much? :D
    Enough to make me feel slightly happier about this bet :(

But not enough to forget about it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

LOL

Tbh if we can't beat a side with players the ilk of Joey Barton in it then i give up.

Slightly better and Liverpool playing away in one of the hardest stadiums in the EPL, if you expected an easy victory than you obviously have a hyper-inflated opinion of Liverpool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement