Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United V Liverpool. 5:30pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Mister men wrote: »
    I have a grip. Liverpool have superior players to Newcastle.

It didn't look that way today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

noodler wrote: »
    Well Nando can fcuk off the way he is playing this season. Only reputation is saving from a greater fan backlash but his attitude, not just form, has been awful.

Correct - Torres' attitude has been worse this season (as have his performances generally) than Gerrard's last season, and Stevie was roundly slated here last season for his attitude. It's time Torres copped the f*ck on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I'd love to know who those great players for Liverpool were to be honest.
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Enough to make me feel slightly happier about this bet :(

But not enough to forget about it :pac:

Ouch. :(

Everton let me down in a small accum that would of made me €220. :(

The Muppet wrote: »
    It didn't look that way today.
    I agree. They where very poor today. Thanks Roy :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Tbh if we can't beat a side with players the ilk of Joey Barton in it then i give up.

Barton is a super player. If he had the brain of a sane person he'd be a top player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Tbh if we can't beat a side with players the ilk of Joey Barton in it then i give up.

What a ridiculous post!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

in goal and 1 striker, Meireles, struggling for more after that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Why?

He was punished?

He took his punishment?

He came back and scored?

He barely even touched Pedersen, Pedersen over-reacted aswell, should he have been punished for theatrics?
    He hit him full force and there was no overreaction. 90% of people would go down if they were hit that hard. With his history both on and off the pitch he should have been banned for 3 months at least.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

its clear torres gives only 98.9% for Roy,:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Johner wrote: »
    Ouch. :(

Everton let me down in a small accum that would of made me €220. :(
    I was dancing around the place like a fúckin looney at one stage, getting so nervous thinking I was only waiting on the Newcastle game, and the "my bets" page on PP was fúdged so I couldn't check the bet...

when it came back up, I realised the error, and there was a few tears shed, I won't lie.

Correct - Torres' attitude has been worse this season (as have his performances generally) than Gerrard's last season, and Stevie was roundly slated here last season for his attitude. It's time Torres copped the f*ck on
    Did'nt Nando's wife have a baby this week? You'd think he should be over the moon and be in flying form. Getting a bit pissed off with his general all round play tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

eagle eye wrote: »
    He hit him full force and there was no overreaction. 90% of people would go down if they were hit that hard. With his history both on and off the pitch he should have been banned for 3 months at least.

:p

Since when do they start banning people for history?

Barton is a super player. If he had the brain of a sane person he'd be a top player
    Like is said players the ilk of Barton. He's not sane hense my post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Not in midfield IMO

Tiote, Barton and Nolan are arguably superior to Maxi, Lucas and Meireles

Torres is obviously world class, but Carroll is a future world class player if he keeps improving at the rate he is and he was MUCH better than torres today.

Ye win on the goalkeeping front.

Defence I say ye just about knick it.

Our starting defense would be Simpson, Williamson, Collocinni and Enrique

Yours would be Johnson, carragher/agger, Skrtel and Konchesky? (correct me if im wrong)

To be perfectly honest, our defense is not too far off yours and many of your defensive players are overated IMO

Not trying to start an argument here, just being realistic.

I think your being deluded with regards to how good the starting Liverpool XI is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

LOL. The table says differently chum.

I Don't really see how you can blame him , it appears to me the some of the players only really try in selected games, I don't see how that's Roys fault, they are professionals they should give their all in every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

whatever about attitude and mannerisms - Joey Barton is a very talented midfielder, showing the type of form that should see him in the England squad (if based on talent/performance alone).

That_Guy wrote: »
    LOL. The table says differently chum.
    Thanks to our manager. Chum?

• Advertisement

Like is said players the ilk of Barton. He's not sane hense my post.

Well he scored one and set up another against "far superior" players today....

Also Carroll should have scored earlier from a superb cross from him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Jesus, how the heck is it Roy's fault?

Half your team consists of mediocre Premier League players (Konchesky, Kriyakos, Kuyt, N'Gog, Skrtel, Maxi).

Thanks to the results actually....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

- why wasn't Soto mandated to mark Carroll at set pieces right from the off with a partner in crime?
    - why wasn't Torres instructed to stay high on Campbell's shoulder the whole game and avoid dropping from that position as much as possible?
    - Infact why were Torres and N'Gog coming deep at all when Maxi and Kuyt were cutting inside infront of Meireles and Lucas with such frequency?
    - Why can Johnson and Konchesky not push on to the space that is vacated by Maxi and Kuyt? Someone tell them to push forward FFS!
    - Why is Soto / Skrtel not the target of every corner / set piece in and around their box? And then, when they are the target -WHY ARE THEY ON THE ****ING 18 YARD LINE EVERY SO OFTEN?

AND

- WHY IS TORRES SO OFF THE PACE AND PETULANT?

Utter muck. The lack of detail in the pre match preparation is shocking. The unwillingness to substitute and the inability to make obvious adjustments unforgivable.

This ****ing out of his depth loser has to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Eh results. Haven't a clue mate have you?

The Muppet wrote: »
    I Don't really see how you can blame him , it appears to me the some of the players only really try in selected games, I don't see how that's Roys fault, they are professionals they should give their all in every game.
    Your right the manager has no influence on the team :rolleyes: . Night all.

Why are you going to bed so early?

Didn't know school was open on a Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I think I have found my nomination for defending the indefensible in this thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Alan Pardew is the new messiah then and Hughton will be sharp forgotten about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

hard to believe last time liverpool played at st james they left top of the table, lol at suggestions woy is only slightly underachieving

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Alan Pardew is the new messiah then and Hughton will be sharp forgotten about.

Hardly....

I think i can say our manger had nothing to do with the result

rossie1977 wrote: »
    hard to believe last time liverpool played at st james they left top of the table, lol at suggestions woy is only slightly underachieving

Newcastle may have been underachieving at the time too! The capitulation after that game suggested Liverpool were overachieving at the time as well

Nobody said he has no influence but it's not really his fault if half the team goes missing in selected games yet play well enough to beat chelsea etc. Do you have an explaination for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Liverpool were much stronger then. Mascherano, Alonso and Benayoun have left - they were all key players. Carragher's legs have gone. Also, you have Torres who has gone to crap and Gerrard whose form has been erratic to say the least.

M5 wrote: »
    Newcastle may have been underachieving at the time too! The capitulation after that game suggested Liverpool were overachieving at the time as well

after that game lol, yeah they only beat man utd 4-1 at OT and real madrid 4-0 at anfield within 3 days, some 3-4 months later

after that game lol, yeah they only beat man utd 4-1 at OT and real madrid 4-0 at anfield within 3 days, some 3-4 months later

Where did Liverpool finish? Hardly successful was it?

My point being Liverpool were on a high, Newcastle were on a major low after Ashleys antics and playing pure muck.

Not really, They might still be up there if they had the 2008 squad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Has to be some fear factor involved,some consequence for players after game like this , even if its a tea cup to the side of the head,
    But with Roys its hugs all round, its not good enough attitude to win things at liverpool,
    Fergie would go mental in dressing room if this was his team that played like that,,
    so would Wenger or Cappelo,

Where did Liverpool finish? Hardly successful was it?

My point being Liverpool were on a high, Newcastle were on a major low after Ashleys antics and playing pure muck.

they finished 2nd on 86 points, highest ever points total for a runner up, most goals scored in the league they lost 2 matches all season, season before that they lost 3 matches, that season they ended up with best away record in liverpool history, thats some achievement given how good liverpool have been

fast forward 18 months liverpool can't even draw away from home, but yeah its the average players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the 3 that Hughton rejuvinated, along with Liverpool's ineptness, won this game.

this had little to do with Pardew, but fair play to him for getting such a big win in his first game.

they finished 2nd on 86 points, highest ever points total for a runner up, they lost 2 matches all season, season before that they lost 3 matches

Newcastle got relegated that year, i think the difference in your points total is more illustrative than the score in one match....

SlickRic wrote: »
    the 3 that Hughton rejuvinated, along with Liverpool's ineptness, won this game.

this had little to do with Pardew, but fair play to him for getting such a big win in his first game.

He admitted it to be fair to him. Needs to be very very careful what he takes credit for

they finished 2nd on 86 points, highest ever points total for a runner up, most goals scored in the league they lost 2 matches all season, season before that they lost 3 matches, that season they ended up with best away record in liverpool history, thats some achievement given how good liverpool have been

fast forward 18 months liverpool can't even draw away from home, but yeah its the average players

LOLz have a look at the players ye sold since then and compare them to the ones ye baught and ye'll see why average players are a factor.

Newcastle got relegated that year, i think the difference in your points total is more illustrative than the score in one match....

and they still may this, in fact liverpool are so bad under uncle woy they could easily fall into the relegation zone AGAIN

here is an interesting fact at the start of play that day, newcastle had
    played 19 games and had 22 points

start of play today, newcastle had played 16 and 19 points, so newcastle haven't improved much

and they still may this, in fact liverpool are so bad under uncle woy they could easily fall into the relegation zone AGAIN

start of play today, newcastle had played 16 and 19 points, so newcastle haven't improved much
    So newcastle now have 22 points from 17 games, when back then they had 22 points from 19 games?

Bit of an improvement tbh.

What position were they in on that day?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Hard to tell which was the club in crisis today.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Muppet just shut the f*ck up, would you? Why do you insist in your absolute bullsh!t. If you need to log onto the internet to deliberately rile up strangers, then that's just weird. I'll never understand the likes of yourself and Boggles, NTLbell etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You know people get sick of moaners. Liverpool are in 9th place right now in the Premier League. Its not the end of the ****ing world.

You don't know what pain is as a football fan. Try watching Brian Kidd managing your side in the Championship(Division 1 as it was then) and struggling to stay out of the relegation zone.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Muppet just shut the f*ck up, would you? Why do you insist in your absolute bullsh!t. If you need to log onto the internet to deliberately rile up strangers, then that's just weird. I'll never understand the likes of yourself and Boggles, NTLbell etc.

:D

What Bull**** ? It's the truth, Liverpool sold players like Macherano Alonso and replaced them with dross. Get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

You know people get sick of moaners. Liverpool are in 9th place right now in the Premier League. Its not the end of the ****ing world.

You don't know what pain is as a football fan. Try watching Brian Kidd managing your side in the Championship(Division 1 as it was then) and struggling to stay out of the relegation zone.

I hear your pain Eagle Eye, I was f*cking sick in '99 when we exited the league Cup early on. The quadruple was there for the taking and we blew it.

These Liverpool fans have no idea how good they have it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement