Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United V Liverpool. 5:30pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

flahavaj wrote: »
    I hear your pain Eagle Eye, I was f*cking sick in '99 when we exited the league Cup early on. The quadruple was there for the taking and we blew it.

These Liverpool fans have no idea how good they have it.
    As I said to another United fan the other day, we really don't know if you are just a fairweather fan or a real fan yet.

Until such time as United fall back into the pack for a couple of years we won't know. And that time will come at some stage in the next 15-20 years after Ferguson is gone and the players he tutored go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Wake up. Wake up. nope, still 2-1. For god sake no smiley face, keep it angry.

imager.php?id=1493334

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

eagle eye wrote: »
    As I said to another United fan the other day, we really don't know if you are just a fairweather fan or a real fan yet.

Until such time as United fall back into the pack for a couple of years we won't know. And that time will come at some stage in the next 15-20 years after Ferguson is gone and the players he tutored go.

I'm sure the fact that you've "proven" yourself keeps you warm through the long winters of sh*tty football.

You have no idea about the circumstamces of people's support of their team, nor do you have the right to sanctimoniouly preach to them just because your team isn't as good as it used to be. Its f*cking pathetic tbh and the last refuge of the truly terrible posters on this forum. The last one I saw play this silly little card was BERBA. Food for thought to find yourself in such exalted company tbh.

I'm sure the fact that you've "proven" yourself keeps you warm through the long winters of sh*tty football.

You have no idea about the circumstamces of people's support of their team, nor do you have the right to sanctimoniouly preach to them just because your team isn't as good as it used to be. Its f*cking pathetic tbh and the last refuge of the truly terrible posters on this forum. The last one I saw play this silly little card was BERBA. Food for thought to find yourself in such exalted company tbh.
    The truth hurts doesn't it?

Your response sounds like somebody who would walk away from supporting a club if they fell down the pecking order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The Muppet wrote: »
    :D

What Bull**** ? It's the truth, Liverpool sold players like Macherano Alonso and replaced them with dross. Get over it.

Well masch was there last year so it's only Alonso really is it, or can you name any other players for me please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Your response sounds like somebody who would walk away from supporting a club if they fell down the pecking order.

You are without a doubt the funniest poster here imo.

I honestly can't say I hold the same opinion of flah, as you do.

Nor would I say it about any liverpool fan in here either, they all have a love for a team they have supported for the majority of their lives, I don't know anyone that has stopped supporting a team due to them falling down the pecking order, in fact if they Did, they were never supporting the team in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I agree completely, the idea of relativity seems to be lost on these lads.

I'm no fan of eagle eye but I think he touched a nerve here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well masch was there last year so it's only Alonso really is it, or can you name any other players for me please

Hypia

I really shouldn't have to tell a liverpool supporter this should I?

^^^^

Deluded troll.
    I'm no fan of eagle eye but I think he touched a nerve here

^^^^

Birds of a feather.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

jaykay74 wrote: »
    imager.php?id=1493334

For another defeat..

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_angrywoy.gif

or:

rafa_five_years_24.jpg

0000dwp2

Remind me which is the crazy one...

And Benayoun, Arbeloa???

Feck ya I was drip feeding him.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Liverpool even had Aquilani on a part time situation...

The Muppet wrote: »
    Feck ya I was drip feeding him.;)

Spoon feeding would be more familiar to him tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What the fcuk happened in this thread? Christ.

That_Guy wrote: »

Classic Eagle Eye.

Sorry, back on topic ye were great today, one last big performance for Hughton.

Sami was a big loss but he wasn't first choice, Benny was there last year, arbreloa was a hardly a squad changing player, any more

That_Guy wrote: »

I believe somone started spouting rubbish about liverpool having superior players to Newcastle and decided to try prove it by making comparisons using the respective 2008 squads and results.

Classic Eagle Eye.

Sorry, back on topic ye were great today, one last big performance for Hughton.

Game was sloppy overall. Both teams were very poor. They had a spell, we had a spell but I think we largely dominated the second in terms of possession and we got our reward.

Something to smile about with all the doom and gloom about the place.

• Advertisement

Sami was a big loss but he wasn't first choice, Benny was there last year, arbreloa was a hardly a squad changing player, any more

When you combine the effect of losing 5 very good players in such a short time however, it goes quite a way to explaining the drop in the club's fortunes.

When you combine the effect of losing 5 very good players in such a short time however, it goes quite a way to explaining the drop in the club's fortunes.

What five, Alonso hyppia and arbeloa of any impact, Alonso was huge but the spine of the team was still there

I'm happy for Newcastle winning today fair played to them, watching that smug pr1ck Ashley celebrate was hard to swallow though. They won in spite of you Ashley you clown!!! Fair play Newcastle.

Alonso, Mascherano, Arbeloa, Benayoun and Riera were all first choice on the Liverpool team of two years back.

Hyypia was a very important squad player.

What five, Alonso hyppia and arbeloa of any impact, Alonso was huge but the spine of the team was still there

Mascherano was there in 2008, he's gone now.

No team in the world wouldn't suffer the loss of Mascherano and Alonso from their midfield. When you sign replacements of the calibre of Poulsen, the mind boggles that people still don't think that makes a difference. Jesus like, look at the clubs they went to. They're world class players. You talk about the spine of the team being there, losing those two stripped ye of its lungs and brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

No team in the world wouldn't suffer the loss of Mascherano and Alonso from their midfield. When you sign replacements of the calibre of Poulsen, the mind boggles that people still don't think that makes a difference. Jesus like, look at the clubs they went to. They're world class players. You talk about the spine of the team being there, losing those two stripped ye of its lungs and brain.

With regards to Mascherano he's nothing more than a bit part player at Barcelona now and isn't trusted in the big games with Busquets being preferred.

• Advertisement

I'm more comparing 2008 with last year, only Alonso was missing last year, why didn't they perform last year, I don't think the squad is that poor, of course Alonso and masch are huge losses but any team with renia gerrard torres in it shouldn't be this far down the table

Paully D wrote: »
    With regards to Mascherano he's nothing more than a bit part player at Barcelona now and isn't trusted in the big games with Busquets being preferred.

Thats because Busquets is unreal. He was a bit of a mad signing for them alright, but they're a bit of a special case. Surely I don't have to tell Liverpool fans how good Mascherano was for ye???

Paully D wrote: »

He was good defensively, not great offensively though. I have said here before I didn't rate him because of that but he was an important team player for liverpool.

I'm more comparing 2008 with last year, only Alonso was missing last year, why didn't they perform last year, I don't think the squad is that poor, of course Alonso and masch are huge losses but any team with renia gerrard torres in it shouldn't be this far down the table

There's many reasons ye slipped down, even leaving out Mascherano's departure - a combination of poor management, bad luck with injuries, bullsh*t off the pitch with the owners, Fergie destroying Rafa mentally, loss of some very good players. The fact that people can't acknowledge the loss of these players as being a major part of it is a bit mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Thats because Busquets is unreal. He was a bit of a mad signing for them alright, but they're a bit of a special case. Surely I don't have to tell Liverpool fans how good Mascherano was for ye???

I'm not a Liverpool fan but I don't think you do to be honest.

• Advertisement

There's many reasons ye slipped down, even leaving out Mascherano's departure - a combination of poor management, bad luck with injuries, bullsh*t off the pitch with the owners, Fergie destroying Rafa mentally, loss of some very good players. The fact that people can't acknowledge the loss of these players as being a major part of it is a bit mad.

oh please.

oh please.

:D

Fergie destroyed him mentally, oh you do make me laugh, poor old mr ferguson is still talking about him months after he is gone, of course the players are a loss but renia arelio carragher skretel kuyt gerrard and torres are still there from the first team in 2008, Johnson is more as less the same as arebola, rodriguez is more or less riera or Joe Cole you can put in there, now Lucas and meriles are a huge stepdown from Alonso and masch but does it explain going from title challengers to a team that has lost 8 games already

Fergie destroyed him mentally, oh you do make me laugh, poor old mr ferguson is still talking about him months after he is gone, of course the players are a loss but renia arelio carragher skretel kuyt gerrard and torres are still there from the first team in 2008, Johnson is more as less the same as arebola, rodriguez is more or less riera or Joe Cole you can put in there, now Lucas and meriles are a huge stepdown from Alonso and masch but does it explain going from title challengers to a team that has lost 8 games already

Who are these people you speak of?

He was never the same after he went toe to toe with the master. :pac:

But seriously, you continue to downplay the combined loss of Alonso/Masch. Ye basically ripped apart the most important part of the team - ye had the engine of a Ferrari and ye replaced it with that of a Skoda and continue to expect the same performance. Unbelieveable.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

Loverpile. Quality new side so they are.

He was never the same after he went toe to toe with the master. :pac:

But seriously, you continue to downplay the combined loss of Alonso/Masch. Ye basically ripped apart the most important part of the team - ye had the engine of a Ferrari and ye replaced it with that of a Skoda and continue to expect the same performance. Unbelieveable.

What fans were you talking to because no one I know expected to challenge for the title, you keep missing my point we have lost 8 games this season

That is the Clare translation of these players names

What fans were you talking to because no one I know expected to challenge for the title, you keep missing my point we have lost 8 games this season

I have no idea what any of this has to do with my previous post.:confused:

Probably another Clare translation.

Makes you wonder how they actually communicate up there.

• Advertisement

You said Liverpool fans expect the same performances and results from when Alonso and masch were in the side, keep up son will you

Who ever they are they are two years older than they were in 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Masch and Alonso were huge for Pool, all the more so by the combination they formed, Alonso's range of passing compensated totally for Mascherano's inability to complete a pass longer than 5 yards, and Mascherano's all action defensive game compensated for Alonso's lack of mobility. And the two of the combined compensated totally for Gerrard's lack of positional discipline. They were as good a midfield trio as your likely to see tbh.
    flahavaj wrote:
    ye had the engine of a Ferrari and ye replaced it with that of a Skoda and continue to expect the same performance.

great metaphor

Masch and Alonso were huge for Pool, all the more so by the combination they formed, Alonso's range of passing compensated totally for Mascherano's inability to complete a pass longer than 5 yards, and Mascherano's all action defensive game compensated for Alonso's lack of mobility. And the two of the combined compensated totally for Gerrard's lack of positional discipline. They were as good a midfield trio as your likely to see tbh.

great metaphor
    I'd prefer Xavi-Iniesta-Busquetts tbh.

A far far far better midfield trio.

You said Liverpool fans expect the same performances and results from when Alonso and masch were in the side, keep up son will you

All Liverpool fans expected ye to challenge for the title the at the start of last season. Ye lost the squad players that have been listed repeatedly and finished finished 7th.

Ye then lost Mascherano and find yourselves a laughing stock in mid table.

The fact that you cannot accept that the decline in the quality of the squad personnal and team isn't a factor in this is mind boggling but not surprising.

But you will continue to hide behind smart answers as is your wont. Its fun having to educate you about your own club's foibles tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

So would I. What does that have to do with the discussion about Liverpool? :confused:

They were as good a midfield trio as your likely to see tbh.
    DOC09UNAM wrote:

So would I. What does that have to do with the discussion about Liverpool? :confused:

It's not really that hard to put 2 and 2 together and get 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

In all honesty, despite what liverpool fans wish to believe, newcastle are in the same class as them. Both of those teams will be filling positions between 7th and 14th. They won't be competing for the top spots but they won't be in a relegation battle.

All Liverpool fans expected ye to challenge for the title the at the start of last season. Ye lost the squad players that have been listed repeatedly and finished finished 7th.

Ye then lost Mascherano and find yourselves a laughing stock in mid table.

The fact that you cannot accept that the decline in the quality of the squad personnal and team isn't a factor in this is mind boggling but not surprising.

But you will continue to hide behind smart answers as is your wont. Its fun having to educate you about your own club's foibles tbh.

No benny riera and masch were all there start of last season, ill repeat again do you think losing alonso and masch is enough to make liverpool a title contender to a mid table laughing stock as you call it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭SM01

Tis an awful lot of Utd fans keen to discuss Liverpool in here...

Advertisement