Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United V Liverpool. 5:30pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

SM01 wrote: »
    Tis an awful lot of Utd fans keen to discuss Liverpool in here...

You reap what you sow;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

niallo27 wrote: »
    No benny riera and masch were all there start of last season, ill repeat again do you think losing alonso and masch is enough to make liverpool a title contender to a mid table laughing stock as you call it

I've already said there were several factors involved. Keep up son. :p

Losing the two lads is a huge part of it. The midfield is the most important part of any team, losing players of their calibre and with the ability to complement each other so well would have a profound effect on any club. Not only are their replacements vastly inferior, you also have a ripple effect on other players such as Gerrard having to adapt his role to make up for their absence. Losing such a disciplined defensive midfielder as Masch affects the entire defence and leaves them exposed. He'd have been invaluable in all these away games ye are losing these days.Losing Alonso has a massive effect on the teams ability to keep the ball and the quality of the ball that passes through the midfield. They were also lads who were great in the bigger games. How can you not see this, you must watch them every week?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

flahavaj wrote: »
    I've already said there were several factors involved. Keep up son. :p

Losing the two lads is a huge part of it. The midfield is the most important part of any team, losing players of their calibre and with the ability to complement each other so well would have a profound effect on any club. Not only are their replacements vastly inferior, you also have a ripple effect on other players such as Gerrard having to adapt his role to make up for their absence. Losing such a disciplined defensive midfielder as Masch affects the entire defence and leaves them exposed. He'd have been invaluable in all these away games ye are losing these days.Losing Alonso has a massive effect on the teams ability to keep the ball and the quality of the ball that passes through the midfield. They were also lads who were great in the bigger games. How can you not see this, you must watch them every week?:confused:

You keep saying how do i not see this, i do see it, im fully aware of it, i agree with you, i just think the loss of these two players can cause such a drop in standards, for years we were told we were a one man team, then we were a two man team, neither of these players were Alonso or masch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Great to see a Newcastle like the 90s. I miss The Entertainers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

niallo27 wrote: »
    You keep saying how do i not see this, i do see it, im fully aware of it, i agree with you, i just think the loss of these two players can cause such a drop in standards, for years we were told we were a one man team, then we were a two man team, neither of these players were Alonso or masch.

And for years you would have argued that ye weren't a two man team no doubt and pointed to quality players like Alonso and Masch. Funny how when they leave the club you suddenly downplay their importance. Take the blinkers off FFS.

• Advertisement

To sum up the game. Newcastle got everything but deserved nothing. Liverpool played well imo and deserved to win that game. Skrtell Was a weak link. I haven't read all the thread but I'm sure there is plenty of nonsense saying Liverpool played badly despite they played well over all.

Oh and joey Barton is a thug and should not be on a football field with carroll not much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

To sum up the game. Newcastle got everything but deserved nothing. Liverpool played well imo and deserved to win that game. Skrtell Was a weak link. I haven't read all the thread but I'm sure there is plenty of nonsense saying Liverpool played badly despite they played well over all.

Oh and joey Barton is a thug and should not be on a football field with carroll not much better.
    lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Oh ffs, what a load of bitter sh!te your spouting!

M5 wrote: »
    Oh ffs, what a load of bitter sh!te your spouting!

Bitter! Stop your talk! It's the truth. Joey Barton is a criminal and Carroll is a wife beater, but that's beside the point. A blind man could see pool were by far the better team today. I really hope Newcastle go down as they deserve nothing after sacking houghton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Bitter! Stop your talk! It's the truth. Joey Barton is a criminal and Carroll is a wife beater, but that's beside the point. A blind man could see pool were by far the better team today. I really hope Newcastle go down as they deserve nothing after sacking houghton.

Come on man let's hug it out.

• Advertisement

lol

Better ay! You scored a flukey deflected goal and defended like clowns. How is that better???

It may be your opinion but your incorrect, and thats the truth

I cant see what Barton being a criminal has to do with it? He was MOTM btw, thought you would like to know! Carroll's girlfriends case was dropped as "there was no realistic chance of getting a conviction", i guess that means he is not a "wife beater"

Your really finding it hard to take aren't you? Well have a look at the table, that will cheer you up.......... oh wait

There is only one blind man here m8, blind and angry

Better ay! You scored a flukey deflected goal and defended like clowns. How is that better???

It may be your opinion but your incorrect, and thats the truth

I cant see what Barton being a criminal has to do with it? He was MOTM btw, thought you would like to know! Carroll's girlfriends case was dropped as "there was no realistic chance of getting a conviction", i guess that means he is not a "wife beater"

Your really finding it hard to take aren't you? Well have a look at the table, that will cheer you up.......... oh wait

There is only one blind man here m8, blind and angry

My phone lit up with texts along 4 others watching the game with me all with the sane opinion. I know it's hard for a small club supporter to handle but Newcastle were poxed with luck today. The 3 on target 3 goals is proof enough.

My phone lit up with texts along 4 others watching the game with me all with the sane opinion. I know it's hard for a small club supporter to handle but Newcastle were poxed with luck today. The 3 on target 3 goals is proof enough.
    Your friends may all have all had the same opinion, but it definitely wasn't the sane opinion.

Liverpool were muck for large parts today, Newcastle definitely deserved the win IMO.

Terribly undeserved result, no way spurs deserved a point never mind 3.

Oh go away, "small club" pull the other one!

Poxed with luck, did you see the Liverpool goal? in fact did you see the game?

You and your mates are probably the only people that are saying that? ever heard of positive reinforcement??? Pretty much everyone here and every report i have read, including Liverpool fan sites disagree with you BTW

3 on target and three goals is just Newcastle doing what Liverpool should have done. No one to blame but yourselves!

you seem to have a history of being unable to take a beating^^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

A+ thread, would recommend to a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

It's not really that hard to put 2 and 2 together and get 4.

Hehe, when you put it like that...

it was a little exaggeration, apologies.

Your friends may all have all had the same opinion, but it definitely wasn't the sane opinion.

Liverpool were muck for large parts today, Newcastle definitely deserved the win IMO.

Tbh united fans are can kiss my ars.

Wow, good point, seems Liverpool were better, I can see that now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

You speak the good english?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

you'd make a sh!t lawyer with an argument like that

Ahhhhhhh, you're drunk, that explains everything.

LOL @ shano, nice post.

Ahhhhhhh, you're drunk, that explains everything.

LOL @ shano, nice post.

A day in the pub may just about excuse the preceding drivel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

argosy2006 wrote: »
    How many more games will we lose this season, could be well over ten by the end ,

Well we are now only four losses short of the amount of games we lost last season in the league.

Seven losses with only seventeen games played.:(

As for Newcastle today. I cannot knock them. They showed more fight than I expected, and sent their supporters home happy.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Well we are now only four losses short of the amount of games we lost last season in the league.

Seven losses with only seventeen games played.:(

As for Newcastle today. I cannot knock them. They showed more fight than I expected, and sent their supporters home happy.

Rode our luck at times but we have been rode by our luck a few times this season. thought we edged it, third goal put a shine on the result. Cant understand what happened to Liverpool 20 mins into the second half, fell to pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

eagle eye wrote: »
    You don't know what pain is as a football fan. Try watching Brian Kidd managing your side in the Championship(Division 1 as it was then) and struggling to stay out of the relegation zone.

i follow roscommon, i am well aware of what pain is, i was there when mayo thumped us by 20 two years ago in castlebar, i was there in salthill when galway beat us by 16 year before that

uncle woy is the equivalent of john maughan in my eyes, its quite funny how mayo fans kept telling me at the time that, "it ain't maughans fault, ye just don't have the players"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Rode our luck at times but we have been rode by our luck a few times this season. thought we edged it, third goal put a shine on the result. Cant understand what happened to Liverpool 20 mins into the second half, fell to pieces.

I cannot complain too much about the result to be honest. At the end of the day Newcastle put their chances away, and Liverpool did not do the same.

As for the falling apart/defending too deep/not having a clue in the second half. Welcome to something that is becoming all to familar to us Liverpool supporters this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I'd prefer Xavi-Iniesta-Busquetts tbh.

A far far far better midfield trio.

And yet the superest duperest midfield the world has ever seen has been dismantled quite easily by a team of has beens and crocks.Every team is beatable... No Pheer etc... :rolleyes:

d22ontour wrote: »
    And yet the superest duperest midfield the world has ever seen has been dismantled quite easily by a team of has beens and crocks.Every team is beatable... No Pheer etc... :rolleyes:
    How is that relevant to my post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

The four texters obviously felt sorry for you. Pool were terrible in the second half, and Newcastle were good for the win, any neutral would tell you that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Even I think both players are nasty pieces of crap, that doesn't mean they can't play football though. Carroll has been brilliant this season, I'd even go as far as saying he's Didier Drogba good and he will certainly go on to stake a claim as an England regular. As for Barton, he's an even more dispicable person, but he is a quality footballer. He's a scrapper, who can actually pass the ball, clearly a top half Premier League footballer.

Carroll has been brilliant this season, I'd even go as far as saying he's Didier Drogba good

Seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. What a stupid post.

The amount of blinkered posts in here is just ridiculous. Get over it, move on FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

As a 'pool fan I'm actually embarassed by some of the shíte spewn on this thread by fellow supporters - Liverpool played well and deserved more than a point up to the point where Nile Ranger came on and changed the complexion of the game completely.

From that point on Newcastle deserved the 3 points imo, Barton was immense and Carroll dominated up front against Skrtel & Kyriagos who were píss poor.

I think what annoys Liverpool fans the most and hurts to say was that our team showed fúck all fighting spirit yesterday - the game began to slip from our grasp and we just let it go there's nothing more to say after that really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Only got on this thread now but read the first few pages of Newcastle United fans predictions. Surely ye didn't really expect a 0-3 or 1-4 win for Liverpool?!

I certainly didn't, and thought we'd win the game from the off. I know it's easy for me to say that now, but I was on DCUFM earlier in the week saying the exact same thing, that we were good enough to beat 'Pool.

I expected the performance from the likes of Barton & Nolan, very professional.!
    Had 5 squids on the Toon too at about 3.45 which wasn't too bad as well.

Next week will a lot tougher though, (no disrespect to LPool fans). Brum are a very organised side, will test our midfield big time.!

Here's hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Doocey wrote: »
    Only got on this thread now but read the first few pages of Newcastle United fans predictions. Surely ye didn't really expect a 0-3 or 1-4 win for Liverpool?!

i would imagine those fans were using newcastles recent form as a guide, newcastle hadn't won at home since october and had been beat 3-1 by west brom and 5-1 by bolton recently (a team liverpool beat the week before)

football doesn't work that way of course, atm i would bet on anyone beating liverpool away from home, look at everton played liverpool off the park at goodison weeks ago and haven't won a game since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

How many on target did liverpool get?

I must have been watching a different match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The Muppet wrote: »
    How many on target did liverpool get?

I must have been watching a different match.

You're always watching a different match when it comes to Liverpool, Muppet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

monkey9 wrote: »
    You're always watching a different match when it comes to Liverpool, Muppet.

I must get me pair of those blinkers some of ye use when watching them so.:D

The Muppet wrote: »
    I must get me pair of those blinkers some of ye use when watching them so.:D

Haven't got my blinkers on for yesterday's match though. Wish i did. :( Newcastle deserved it in the end, no doubts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

liverpool are a pity at present

PaulieC wrote: »
    As a 'pool fan I'm actually embarassed by some of the shíte spewn on this thread by fellow supporters - Liverpool played well and deserved more than a point up to the point where Nile Ranger came on and changed the complexion of the game completely.

From that point on Newcastle deserved the 3 points imo, Barton was immense and Carroll dominated up front against Skrtel & Kyriagos who were píss poor.

I think what annoys Liverpool fans the most and hurts to say was that our team showed fúck all fighting spirit yesterday - the game began to slip from our grasp and we just let it go there's nothing more to say after that really

Yup, Spot on there m8! Liverpool inexplicably fell apart. The first half was edged by Liverpool. they dominated the first 20 in the second half. Thats when the game should have been wrapped up. They didnt take their chances, Newcastle took theirs. 3-1 harsh on Liverpool. Newcastle just about deserved the win. Your center backs could not handle Ranger.

The 3 on target 3 goals is proof enough.

Do you like making up your own stats for the games you watch?

statsmw.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

rossie1977 wrote: »
    i would imagine those fans were using newcastles recent form as a guide, newcastle hadn't won at home since october and had been beat 3-1 by west brom and 5-1 by bolton recently (a team liverpool beat the week before)

football doesn't work that way of course, atm i would bet on anyone beating liverpool away from home, look at everton played liverpool off the park at goodison weeks ago and haven't won a game since

Yeah, that's the obvious point to make but look at out record with the 'big' teams so far this season, it's pretty nice to be fair.
    I never felt before the whistle that we were going to lose to a Liverpool side with N'Gog up front, Lucas in midfield and Skrtel at the back.

statsmw.png

Those stats actually make it look like Liverpool deserved to win. :D

statsmw.png

Here are the actual match stats.

Newcastle Liverpool

7(3) Shots (on Goal) 21(5)
    21 Fouls 13
    2 Corner Kicks 5
    2 Offsides 3
    45% Time of Possession 55%
    2 Yellow Cards 1
    0 Red Cards 0
    4 Saves 0

Here are the actual match stats.

Newcastle Liverpool

7(3) Shots (on Goal) 21(5)
    21 Fouls 13
    2 Corner Kicks 5
    2 Offsides 3
    45% Time of Possession 55%
    2 Yellow Cards 1
    0 Red Cards 0
    4 Saves 0
    And I assume that you just made them up yourself?

Or do you plan on linking anyone to where you got them?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/match?id=292994&cc=5739

whats is with united fans and this thread. I wouldn't go within an asses roar of the united thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Why don't you link people to where you got yours!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/match?id=292994&cc=5739

whats is with united fans and this thread. I wouldn't go within an asses roar of the united thread.
    United fan's not allowed discuss other matches at all no?

• Advertisement
Advertisement