Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United V Liverpool. 5:30pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

monkey9 wrote: »
    I'd like to see Babel come on for Ngog. His pace along with Torres will be too much for Campbell. I would have started with Babel actually. He'll be brimming with confidence after Monday!

N'Gog is doing more than Torres. People say body language means nowt, but christ Torres has the look of a bloke who isn't interested. Where is the Nando that harried defenders in his first and second season. Its getting on my tits now watching him stand still or throw shapes when the ball isn't played to his feet. Granted he's probably pissed at poor service but make an effort ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

A manager where an away win is a rarity, simply shouldnt be in charge of a club like Liverpool. Come the summer the silly fool should be gone so its just a case of bedding in and eduring the rest of this campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

You wouldn't really fancy Liverpool to get back into this. They've only scored 5 goals in 8 away games all season before today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

mosstin wrote: »
    Eh? If you think Liverpool deserved something from that first half then you're watching it on the radio.
    No on the laptop actually. Liverpool have been terrible but Newcastle have offered even less. Should and could be 1-2 to the reds. Ref disallowed a peno most likely because Maxi did a silly dive but there was contact and Newcastle goal offside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Liverpool very unlucky to be behind, Nolan was clearly offside. And even at that Liverpool should still be ahead with all the possession they enjoyed in that half. Torres has been muck imo, Maxi is not offering much either. And Liverpool seemed more keen to attack down the right side for most of that first half. Imo they should be going down the other side as Newcastle look really weak there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Mister men wrote: »
    No on the laptop actually. Liverpool have been terrible but Newcastle have offered even less. Should and could be 1-2 to the reds. Ref disallowed a peno most likely because Maxi did a silly dive but there was contact and Newcastle goal offside.

Red tinted glasses, a completely one sided view of the game.

joe123 wrote: »
    A manager where an away win is a rarity, simply shouldnt be in charge of a club like Liverpool. Come the summer the silly fool should be gone so its just a case of bedding in and eduring the rest of this campaign.
    He won't last past January imo. He is totally clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Eh we've offered more than your lot. The scoreline reflects that. And that was never a penalty for Maxi. Goal was borderline. Not much in it.

I'm sure you enjoyed the offside goal you scored against Villa on Monday though.

M5 wrote: »
    Red tinted glasses, a completely one sided view of the game.
    Thanks but i know what i've seen. Run along now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Well I'm assuming that your link is dead then. Penalty? You are taking the piss right?

Thanks but i know what i've seen. Run along now.

dont tell me to run along! Dont like what im saying then respond, childish response

If we score early in the second half we will win this. This is a poor Newcastle side, Barring the goal they have done nothing either.

I've said it before, Torres needs to give us more, hes a passenger today. In fairness Hodgson can't do much if our main source of goals isn't up for it today. he could substitute him but he'd be slaughtered for that aswell. I'm not a Roy sympathiser either.

This is the same team that beat Villa easily so there is damn all difference in approach, its a case of players not applying themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Penalty?

His foot was grazed and he hits the ground as if he was shot.

Get real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

What about the players ? Surely Hodsgon cannot be blamed for everything wrong with Liverpool

That_Guy wrote: »
    Eh we've offered more than your lot. The scoreline reflects that. And that was never a penalty for Maxi. Goal was borderline. Not much in it.
    Newcastle have not offered more than Liverpool. Liverpool were by far the better team in the first half. I agree that it was not a penalty for the challenge on Maxi but the goal was clearly offside.

• Advertisement

Penalty?

His foot was grazed and he hits the ground as if he was shot.

Get real.

and he was outside the box....

mosstin wrote: »
    Well I'm assuming that your link is dead then. Penalty? You are taking the piss right?
    Stream is perfect as alway's. 2 euro a month will get you all the perfect football viewing you need.;)
    Yes it was a peno as there was contact. Now if you'll excuse me it's time for a cup of tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

You wouldn't really fancy Liverpool to get back into this. They've only scored 5 goals in 8 away games all season before today.

this one is done, liverpool haven't got anything not even a draw after conceding the first goal

after today its one win in 30 league matches for woy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

He won't last past January imo. He is totally clueless.

Should he have made big changes after they won last time? Should he have played babel instead of the superstar torres? How is this his fault. Its just an easy excuse for ye really

eagle eye wrote: »
    Newcastle have not offered more than Liverpool. Liverpool were by far the better team in the first half. I agree that it was not a penalty for the challenge on Maxi but the goal was clearly offside.

Could not argue if it was level, cant say Newcastle deserve to be loosing as some are suggesting....

• Advertisement

What about the players ? Surely Hodsgon cannot be blamed for everything wrong with Liverpool

No I agree but I think Hodgson is a major part of whats wrong. Meireles is the only player out there thats looking at all decent.

But over Hodgsons entire career his away record is simply shocking.

M5 wrote: »
    dont tell me to run along! Dont like what im saying then respond, childish response
    Your the one seeing things fella.

eagle eye wrote: »

Both teams have been fairly poor but the scoreline is the only thing that matters. Offside or not the goal stands.

spot on. As ive said, its the same team that beat Villa bar our star striker Torres, who is a passenger today. Not much the manager can do about it if Torres doesnt fancy applying himself today, he could sub him but he'd be slaughtered for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Stream is perfect as alway's. 2 euro a month will get you all the perfect football viewing you need.;)
    Yes it was a peno as there was contact. Now if you'll excuse me it's time for a cup of tea.
    Well if your giving that I suppose it should of been a peno the other side when Skertel didn't go for the ball and instead eased Carroll off the ball, neither in my opinion where penaltys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Ha! It's a contact sport he didn't take him down he decided to do that himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

And Hodgson has about 5 away wins in the premier league in total. I'm expecting nothing. Don't think I'll even put up a fight when The Missus wants to turn over to the XFactor at 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Newcastle are just about edging it.

The extremes some people can go to to falsify the events on the pitch is crazy.

Yep. Seeing our team beating yours. And it looks damn good tbh.

Should he have made big changes after they won last time? Should he have played babel instead of the superstar torres? How is this his fault. Its just an easy excuse for ye really

No offence but that is the comment of someone who is totally clueless about Hodgson and his dismal record. The man simply cant win away.

We are more than capable at home but away we are terrible. Have a look for yourself at hodgsons away record in his 32 years in management. Then come back here and say sorry. :P

• Advertisement

i know i am but what are you???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

No I agree but I think Hodgson is a major part of whats wrong. Meireles is the only player out there thats looking at all decent.

But over Hodgsons entire career his away record is simply shocking.

You are correct he does have a poor record. I just worry that we will replace him and still be in roughly the same boat if we dont address the real issue which is the performance of most of the players in the squad right now :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Tiote, Meireles and Ngog probably the best players of a bad 22

2nd half.

HOWAY THE LADS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Even enough game, Torres is having a stinker, Babel should come on for him.
    Goal was onside, imo, but the way some people are going on you'd swear Nolan was 5 yards off, 'clearly offside' me hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

SNAP :-)

A laboured Torres really hampers us.

He is capable of moment of brilliance though.

I'd haul Kuyt or Ngog off after 60 mins and get Babel on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭mada999

Kuyt off Babel on please...

Both teams have been fairly poor but the scoreline is the only thing that matters. Offside or not the goal stands.
    Liverpool's attacking players have been poor. Maxi and Torres in particular. They were clearly the better side though in the first half.

And I don't get the last comment. Of course the goal stands but it was clearly offside and shouldn't.

On the balance of play in the first half Liverpool are very unlucky to be behind at the break. They need to make a change and take off one of Maxi and/or Torres and I think if they do that or if those two improve in the second half that Liverpool will come back and win this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

No offence but that is the comment of someone who is totally clueless about Hodgson and his dismal record. The man simply cant win away.

We are more than capable at home but away we are terrible. Have a look for yourself at hodgsons away record in his 32 years in management. Then come back here and say sorry. :P

If a team is any good the same one wins home and away. No tactical surprises needed. Your team is rubbish but its easier to blame the manager. Torres only plays when he's in the big games but rarely is he highlighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jayob10 wrote: »
    N'Gog is doing more than Torres. People say body language means nowt, but christ Torres has the look of a bloke who isn't interested. Where is the Nando that harried defenders in his first and second season. Its getting on my tits now watching him stand still or throw shapes when the ball isn't played to his feet. Granted he's probably pissed at poor service but make an effort ffs

I know what you're saying (and Ngog has done nothing wrong), but i would just bring on Babel up front and this is exactly the kind of game Torres would score in. He hasn't been at it at all, but just out of nowhere, he can grab one (like Villa away last season).

I have to say, i don't think Liverpool have been as bad as people are making out. We started off slightly the better side. Newcastle have come into it since they scored, but in a way, i think we look more likely of getting a goal.

It's just one of those games. Pretty poor in quality, but fairly open. I will be gutted if we don't score against this Newcastle defense, but i can still see them getting a second. It can just go either way

This is extremely scrappy

Yeap a football match is 90 minutes lad. See you at the end ;)

baz2009 wrote: »
    Even enough game, Torres is having a stinker, Babel should come on for him.
    Goal was onside, imo, but the way some people are going on you'd swear Nolan was 5 yards off, 'clearly offside' me hole.
    I don't know if you are a Newcastle fan or not but if you are you need to take off the goggles, if you are not then you clearly need to go to specsavers.

Ah bollocks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

KUYT :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Thank Christ!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

1-1 Kuyt Krul equailiser

Yes have it