Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School Days (the anime)

Options
  • 11-12-2010 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Yip I learned a lesson last night. Watch School Days and let’s just say this anime really annoyed:mad: me granted it was my own fault I should have read the review of it first. It’s not that the story or animation was bad in fact both are quite good, it’s more the fact I wasn’t prepared for what happens in it. If you were to watch the first and then the last episode you’d ask yourself what the f**** happened in the middle:eek:. Towards the end of the series I found myself shouting at the main character “What are you doing?” I just wanted to hit him into next week. I thought in the second last episode that, you know,
    he would turn it around and the last episode would see the happy couple a few years later which is what I found to be normal for this type of series but boy was I wrong the very last seine was particularly weird and unsettling.
    Oh and in the very end after the credits the guys who did the fan sub added “thank you for staying with us and we hope you have learned a lesson”
    I did not quite the lesson they had in mind but still learned:rolleyes:
    Wouldn’t mind hearing what others thought of this anime
    That’s my rant over;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

This anime rocked. The animation was smooth and the story was pretty good too. Lets not forget the music..... I could see the amount of emotional pressure Sekai was under before she did what she did in the last scene.
    I mean she was pregnant with his child...She loved the guy so much and he was such a bastard to her. She snapped.

twotiming.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Madjackjr

I could see the amount of emotional pressure Sekai was under before she did what she did in the last scene. I mean she was pregnant with his child...She loved the guy so much and he was such a bastard to her. She snapped.
    This was the very reason I got annoyed with it, he was such a fluppen backsterd. I felt so sorry for Sekai she was my favorit character
    P.S. i like the pic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Just added some spoiler tags into yer posts guys - not everyone may have seen this anime so try and remember that to block out any bits that give away the story :)

ah no worries;) people should whatch it, it's well told and it has really stood out for me

Konata wrote: »
    Just added some spoiler tags into yer posts guys - not everyone may have seen this anime so try and remember that to block out any bits that give away the story :)
    But now you have spoiled my spoilers :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Episode 1-3:
    "Ah, a nice slice-of-life thing about a love triangle. I should recommend this to my little sister."

*dropped*
    Episode 12 comes out.
    "OH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DELETE DELETE DELETE!!"

niceboat3.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I ****ing love School Days. So cruel. It was heart-wrenching at the end. Have re-watched it 3/4 times I'd say, and played the visual novel too. Had to after loving the anime so much. It doesn't disappoint. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

I really have to get round to watching this soon, it's been recommended to me a good bit =P.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

I've heard some bad things about this show and never intended to watch it, so I decided to watch the ending and wow, I have to say its probably the silliest ending i've seen in a while, although from what I hear the main guy deserved it.:p

CDH wrote: »
    I've heard some bad things about this show and never intended to watch it, so I decided to watch the ending and wow, I have to say its probably the silliest ending i've seen in a while, although from what I hear the main guy deserved it.:p

It's only silly if you have not experienced the build up. Its now ruined you forever. Too bad :p

• Advertisement

CDH wrote: »

You shouldn't have just watched the ending tut tut tut :P there was a whole lot more to it and your assumption was right but watch it to see just how right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

I tried watching this about 2 years ago and gave up because I was getting so annoyed with Makoto, so prompted by this thread I went back and finished it up.

Honestly I think its really cool that this was made into a anime, but I can't say I actually enjoyed it. Near the end I was kinda hoping that Makoto would learn to regret his actions but would have to live with the consequences. More than anything I was hoping that either Sekai or better yet Kotonoha would kick his ass.

Knasher wrote: »
    I tried watching this about 2 years ago and gave up because I was getting so annoyed with Makoto, so prompted by this thread I went back and finished it up.

Honestly I think its really cool that this was made into a anime, but I can't say I actually enjoyed it. Near the end I was kinda hoping that Makoto would learn to regret his actions but would have to live with the consequences. More than anything I was hoping that either Sekai or better yet Kotonoha would kick his ass.

You hit the nail on the head that is the very reason I got so annoyed with it, I’m still in two minds whether to watch the two OAVs, i may in time:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

That's the first time I've watched a Romance Anime, I decided to watch it because everyone on this thread(And another on a different forum) said it was great.

So thanks allot, now I'm depressed. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

cypharius wrote: »
    That's the first time I've watched a Romance Anime, I decided to watch it because everyone on this thread(And another on a different forum) said it was great.

So thanks allot, now I'm depressed. :mad:
    You could've stopped at any time.

Yet you kept going.

What does this tell you?
    Baaaaakaaaaa
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kirstieames

It's just ROCK!
    I really love it. All School Days Episodes are mind blowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I've read the comic, but I hear that the animation ending is a little different.

I must investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

I thought it was quite good the way things take a WTF JUST HAPPENED? turn :P wasn't anything like i expected it to be but it was decent enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Carrol122

Personally, I found it disgusting. It starts off cute, and then just gets gross, and then morbid. I don't mind dark animes, but this was just...too much. I'm sure I've seen things that are even more sexual and violent, but the way these things were combined...was just too much for me.

Even after the whole anime was over,
    I couldn't completely hate Makoto's character, even though I wanted to so badly. It's like...he was the most disgusting boy I've ever heard of. But he was so nice, even while he was sleeping with everybody and their dog, that it was hard to hate him. And for me, that's saying a lot because I hate people who are too focused on having sex. That's what makes it so disgusting to me. It's almost like they created these horrible people that could be anyone. It makes me want to throw up when I think about it.

And the ending,
    when what's-her-name kills him and the other girl cuts her open and sails away with his severed head. Isn't that a bit much? I hate it when animes get overdramatic and push to extremes like that.

Anyway, my point is that I loathed it entirely, and wish I had never watched it. It almost feels like it traumatized me! But now I want to know if there's anyone out there who liked it. Or just what you thought about it. Hopefully, if anyone liked it, they can give me one reason why I shouldn't hate it.

Also, as a bonus question, does anyone know any good school dramas that aren't so...blech? I've already seen Ouran High School Host Club, Clannad, Peach Girl, and School days. And for mangas, I read Hana-Kimi. If you have any that are comical and cute, without all the blood and sex, please let me know. I'm not against blood unless it's in the wrong kind of story (like School Days), and I can handle sex if it doesn't really show or anything. I don't need to see it, is what I mean. I can know that it happened, but I don't want to see not even light fondling, okay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Hi Carrol122 and welcome to the forum!

Just a little thing for you to note - if you're writing about an anime and mention events that happen, you should use spoiler tags. These are easy to use. When you're typing your post, just highlight the text you want to hide and then click the spoiler tag button. I've edited your post there to reflect this. It's just that not everyone may have seen the anime being discussed :)

• Advertisement

Hi Carrol I see that School Days has affected you a bit, well you’re not the only one I still haven't convinced myself to watch the OAVs
    Anyways if you want a few animes that are less school days and more normal ;) then I’d suggest
    Kimi ni Todoke (and its 2nd season which is ongoing)
    Amagami SS
    GTO:cool:
    Ai Yori Aoshi
    To name a very few other here could name better and far more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Cas.

I've read the manga, the ending is just crazy, being trapped with a psycho x.x

Advertisement