Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever met anyone famous?

Options
  • 11-12-2010 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Have ya? And if so who, under what circumstances and what were they like?!
    I've met Keith Duffy, Paul McGrath, Niall Quinn and Pippa O'Connor; but wouldn't really classify them as famous :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Josh Homme, Mikael Akerfeldt, Pixies drummer, Sam Forest(Nine Black alps singer), Porcupine Tree....few others too I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

deadmau5:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Mushy wrote: »
    Josh Homme, Mikael Akerfeldt, Pixies drummer, Sam Forest(Nine Black alps singer), Porcupine Tree....few others too I'm sure.

What was Josh Homme like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

Spice Girls, Kym Marsh, Myleene Klass, Cher, Niall Quinn, Samantha Mumba (back in the day), Semi Precious Weapons, Rihanna, Take That, Robbie Williams, Pixie Lott, Davina McCall and then Lady GaGa most recently in October. I've met others but they're the only ones I can remember right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Jesus Christ.

He was sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Taking Back Sunday, You Me At Six, Shannon Leto and Tomo from 30 Seconds to Mars, Joe Trohman and Andy Hurley from Fall Out Boy, Keith Buckley and Josh Newton from Every Time I Die.
    Oh, and Rob Caggiano and Scott Ian from Anthrax, and Gerard/Mikey Way from My Chemical Romance.

Happy so far with my list :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

Taz1 wrote: »
    Have ya? And if so who, under what circumstances and what were they like?!
    I've met Keith Duffy, Paul McGrath, Niall Quinn and Pippa O'Connor; but wouldn't really classify them as famous :cool:
    yep I hav met nick kershaw (remember him ) neill hannon (the divine commedy) neill delamare ,the wolfe tones ,steve davis ,ronnie o sullivan and last but not least our very own marty whelan and I have to say all of them wer very pleasent

What was Josh Homme like?

Semed grand, I didn't really talk to him. Should've mentioned all of QotSA actually, who are all really cool guys. Josh was approachable....quite scary as he is huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Met Carl Barat at a tiny Dirty Pretty things gig in Wicklow, he was standing behind me watching the (God awful) warm up act. Nice guy.

phasers wrote: »
    Met Carl Barat at a tiny Dirty Pretty things gig in Wicklow, he was standing behind me watching the (God awful) warm up act. Nice guy.

Where exactly was that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Mushy wrote: »
    Where exactly was that?
    Somewhere in Greystones, I don't know the exact name but it was a really teeny theatre in the town.

Edit: YT:

Prob the main theatre there then. Did not know they played there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Met the Arctic Monkeys in Vienna. Meself and a couple of mates were inter railing and went there specifically to try and see them live, back in June 09. We went up to the arena around 12 o'clock and were told if we came back around 6 we might have a chance of picking up a ticket. As we were heading back to the hostel we spotted the bus and decided to hang around for a while since we had nothing else to do, made friends with the driver of the bus, really sound bloke, had a good chat, then the lads hop off the bus and we got a picture with them. They were grand with us, clearly only just awake (probably hungover), took the photo and seemed cool enough.
    We got the tickets for the gig in the end too, quality day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Met The Killers in a bar in New York. Well, three of them, Brandon wasn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

As part of many of my jobs throughout the last few years it has been a pleasure to meet a wide variety of people you might consider both famous or celebrity. In some cases I considered the same, and in some I didn't, and while I couldn't possibly name everyone here are a few names....

Michael Bolton, Rich Ward, Sean Connery, Dylan Moran, David O Doherty, Charlie Ross, the band Enforcer, the band Evile, Machine Head, comedian Charles Ross (he did 'One Man Lord of the Rings'), Al Murray, Faith No More, Corey Taylor, Greg Tribbett, Gary Numan, John Norum, Brock Lindow, Dez Fafara, Dean Black and Tory Stoffregan and some guy who claimed to be Santa Claus

...........and loads more I cannot remember at the moment...but google any of those names you will find out who they are

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Not even remotely music related, but I met the president once. But I can't for the life of me remember if it was McAleese or Robinson.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Farin Urlaub, Bela B and Rod Gonzales from German Punkrock-Band "Die Ärzte". I was in Berlin to see them play a gig in front of 200 people. They were due to play a gig in Cologne in front of 30,000 people two days later. I met them at the airport when they took the same plane as me when flying there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

I've met 3 of my personal idols...

Biffy Clyro: several times
    Brand New: the one time they played Ireland. Such cool guys!
    Funeral For A Friend: also several times. Could listen to them tell tales all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Johnny Logan taught me how to swim

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Billy Gould, Burton C. Bell, Bret Hart, Mick Foley, Dick Valentine, John Garcia, Huey, Fred Durst, Barney Greenway, Mick Pyro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Alicano

Alice Cooper, The Soul Generals(James Brown's band), John Martyn, Europe, Kraftwerk, Bono and Edge(twice), David Coverdale, Journey, Billy Ocean, Adam Clayton, Ocean Colour Scene, Westlife, Burt Bacharach, The Temptations(recent line-up), Earth Wind and Fire. Hard to remeber them all. Lots of sport and movie types too. And many politicians. All work related. Westlife are the rudest of them all. No attack on their music. Just rude, full of themselves wan$ers.
    Everyone else was very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Music?

Advertisement