Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Week 15

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Barca are away to Espanyol, who have yet to lose at home this season.

Agreed on the TV rights thing. Not a level playing field.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

What an absolute joke of a league, needs more balanced TV rights asap - right now it's like watching Argentina and Brazil qualifying from the OFC every year. Apparently Barca completed over 900 passes tonight and theyve scored 41 in 14 games, that's obscene. Feel sorry for writers like Sid Lowe that have to squeeze any excitement from a 38 week league that is actually just played over two legs. I wonder if Real and Barca win next week?!

I have to agree on the tv rights part but that is all. Barca and Real Madrid are clearly very easily the best 2 in the league. Saying that if you watch La Liga you will know there are other good teams in the league and the rest of the league is very close, the quality of the football played through all of the teams is to a much higher standard than EPL also. Also how could you feel sorry for writers like Sid Lowe? Between Messi and Ronaldo they create more excitement every weekend than all the leagues in europe put together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

What an absolute joke of a league, needs more balanced TV rights asap - right now it's like watching Argentina and Brazil qualifying from the OFC every year. Apparently Barca completed over 900 passes tonight and theyve scored 41 in 14 games, that's obscene. Feel sorry for writers like Sid Lowe that have to squeeze any excitement from a 38 week league that is actually just played over two legs. I wonder if Real and Barca win next week?!

Sid Lowe is the luckiest journalist in the World. People love watching Barca and Real play, especially Barca. They are an absolute joy to watch. As Bodispha said if Barca were in the EPL they would absolutely walk it and it would be even more boring. Real are probably the only team in the World who can hang on. It is not discrediting La Liga but just highlights the level that Barca and Real are at. That is why they are first and second favs for the Champions League as atm they are the 2 best teams in the World and by some margin. Personally I enjoy watching the best players in the World on a weekly basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Lol, good stuff. All that post was lacking was the "could they do it on a winters night away to Stoke?".

Put Barcelona in the premier league and it would be a one horse race. No doubt about that.

I do agree with you about the tv money but Spanish footballs ability to produce homegrown players alleviates that problem somewhat. Saves millions on Africans via France.

I'm not being anti-Barca, theyre the best team in the world, easily. I'm just saying the league is being even more imbalanced every year, to astronomical levels, that it's extremely predictable - I would say that a draw is the new defeat for Real and Barca but they don't even draw against teams anymore either

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

If only Barcelona could play all 9 other matches too, it would sate the desire to see them.

TV rights will not help other teams get the ball off Barcelona, not even €225m did it for Real.

Advertisement