Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beauty Blender - magic sponge for foundation

• 11-12-2010 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Does anyone know if I can buy the beauty blender to the dublin airport?

I would like to get it but actually it's a bit pricey so because I'm living for 10 day on saturday I though I could buy it at the airport.

This sponge does an amazing work with the foundation and concealer too.. the final result is very natural and even if you are wearing a very heavy foundation you wouldnt get a mask effect or something like this.

Brilliant!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I was in the airport at the end of October and I didn't see this there.

There are more generic brands of this though that you can get on ebay for half the price.

I'd be interested in buying it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Shmatter

Oh I want now!! Their site say they only have two stockists in Ireland, neither being the Airport!

http://www.beautyblender.co.uk/department/stockists/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Blacktulip

I have bought two sponge and the soup at makeup forever shop off to grafton st. I paid 30 eur with discount, i think the original price was 38 or something, and i have to say: OMG ladz it worths all this money.
    I used it this morning and you couldn't see I was wearing my foundation on, i applied my E.L. double wear which is a bit heavier than my even better by clinique and it was just amazing,brilliant and much more... :D:D:D

so happy with :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Is it the same as a stiplling brush then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Blacktulip

much more better ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Blacktulip wrote: »
    much more better ;)

How exactly? I just got myself a MAC Stippling brush and am curious how this would be better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Sephora have their own brand of this which is really good. Sephora.fr will deliver to Ireland as far as i know.

Is there a lot of product wastage with it? Really want this now, I bought a **** load of brushes recently but still prefer using sponges most of the time for foundation, although they have their limitations!

Someone mentioned a Sephora brand one, what's the price like?

Shmatter wrote: »
    Is there a lot of product wastage with it? Really want this now, I bought a **** load of brushes recently but still prefer using sponges most of the time for foundation, although they have their limitations!

Someone mentioned a Sephora brand one, what's the price like?

Not sure. But I'm heading to sephora today anyway so i'll check it out for you.

Not sure. But I'm heading to sephora today anyway so i'll check it out for you.
    Oh cheers!! :)

• Advertisement

Right, cool. Went down and it's €9.90. Very good quality and nice and stiff whilst still being a bit spongey. But I've just had a look at their website and it's not there. If you really want it pm me and if it's possible before I leave on friday I might be able to pick it up for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Ok sorry know this is an old thread, but anybody know if these are more readibly available in Ireland now. Really want to try one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Ok sorry know this is an old thread, but anybody know if these are more readibly available in Ireland now. Really want to try one!
    This is the very first time I heard about this miracle sponge!
    Need more info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Make up forever in Dublin sell them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 white1awake

https://www.makeupgeek.com/store/featured/beauty-blender-1.html

Only 23 American dollars, and the delivery to Ireland is CHEAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

sounds amazing but arghh!! 30 quid for a sponge??? feck it! who needs food anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

me again! ok so went down to make up forever on my lunch break...they are all out of beauty blender sponges :( might save someone a trip!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 white1awake

ummm, 30 quid?

If you see that link you see you get TWO sponges for 23 AMERICAN dollars, that is nowhere near 30 quid.

Btw: I got my order of make up brushes from them today. They are BEAUTIFUL and only took a few days to get here.

ABsolutely brilliant site.

Here is the link for ONE blender: only 16.99 AMERICAN DOLLARS:

http://www.makeupgeek.com/store/featured/beauty-blender.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 Hihello

you can buy a cosmopolitan version of the beauty blender in superdrug its just as good if not better only about 5euro or alternatively you can buy the exact same thing on http://www.love-makeup.co.uk/makeup-blending-sponge-p-4990.html

See review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHJeF9IweGA :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

Hihello wrote: »
    you can buy a cosmopolitan version of the beauty blender in superdrug its just as good if not better only about 5euro or alternatively you can buy the exact same thing on http://www.love-makeup.co.uk/makeup-blending-sponge-p-4990.html

See review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHJeF9IweGA :D

ohhh cool i wonder does the superdrug in tallght have theses :D

• Advertisement

tanya2007 wrote: »
    ohhh cool i wonder does the superdrug in tallght have theses :D

Going to Superdrug in Omni to get one today. Will ask if they stock them in Tallaght and will let you know! Can't wait to try it!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

Going to Superdrug in Omni to get one today. Will ask if they stock them in Tallaght and will let you know! Can't wait to try it!:D

thanks a million your a star :D

tanya2007 wrote: »
    thanks a million your a star :D

Really disappointed:( was just in Omni and they had none left! Said they're getting new stock tomorrow! The girl said Tallaght branch should be getting new stock tomorrow too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭lubie76

https://www.makeupgeek.com/store/featured/beauty-blender-1.html

Only 23 American dollars, and the delivery to Ireland is CHEAP!

Just ordered the beauty blender off this crowd for $18 along with 3 other brushes ($39 for everything). Post and Packaging only came to $6 and was here in less than a week:eek: Brushes seem to be of excellent standard (very similar to Mac) and am looking forward to trying the beauty blender. Didn't realise that it can also be used with the mineral powder foundations.

I was surprised how quick it arrived as it was coming from USA. I put an order in to Look Fantastic.com last month and it took 3 and a half weeks to arrive despite numerous emails to them querying its whereabouts.

A+ for makeupgeek!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Sorry for bumping this thread, but for all the people who bought the beauty blender, are you still using it? Is it still as good as you first thought. Would love to get one but don't want to buy into it if it's just a fad, or just a load of hype about another new product?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

silly wrote: »
    Sorry for bumping this thread, but for all the people who bought the beauty blender, are you still using it? Is it still as good as you first thought. Would love to get one but don't want to buy into it if it's just a fad, or just a load of hype about another new product?

I got the Sephora version of it it while in the States at the start of the year. I bought it because I'd seen so many people on YouTube raving about it, and thought I would give it a go.
    To be honest, it sat in my makeup stand for months unloved, until one day I cleaned my brushes so they were all wet, and I realised I had nothing to blend my makeup in with (and the foundation I was using didn't lend itself to using your hands!) so I whipped this out and gave it a whirl.
    I can honestly say I have never seen my skin look better/ more natural!
    I'm still using it now, and love it just as much.

The trick is to wet it - soak it through and squeeze it out.
    I then dab my foundation on in spots around my face, dip the sponge into the remaining foundation, and then dab the sponge all over - almost like you're bouncing it off your face ;)

I would def recommend it!

Advertisement