Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mexican food on northside?

Options
  • 11-12-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

Anyone know if there is any mexican food places on the northside, Dublin 5 area? preferably delivery places?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Boojum in the Italian Quarter has amazing burritos, but they don't deliver.
    I think Burritos and Blues deliver, but I can't really think of any Mexican places that are delivery.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

OisinT wrote: »
    Boojum in the Italian Quarter has amazing burritos, but they don't deliver.
    Seconded on Boojums. Nicest burritos I've found in Dublin. It's more of a sit-down or take away than a restaurant. Sort of like a Mexican subway but really lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Haven't been to boojum yet. Only taco-taco in the epicurean.

ioooooh you're missing out.

boojum > taco-taco by a longshot.

Right now all burritos are €5 and bottles of Sol for €2 - I think it lasts until Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

There is a Mexican dude in the Epicurean food hall cooking all sorts of Mexican stuff. Never heard of a Mexican take away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Aren't there services that will go to restaurants for you and deliver the food?

Perhaps one of those may have a good Mexican place on their books?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

nope havnt found any mexican take aways that deliver, really think there should be, getting sick of the usual pizza, chinese or indian routine!

defo gona try boojum, sounds awesome!

Thanks guys!

http://restaurantexpress.ie/ is pretty good.

I would not recommend the Mexican place they have though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Cactus Jacks on Millenium Way (opposite the Bojum place) has really good sit down Mexican food. Very good value for the set menu.

Edit: Only saw you wanted a take away there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

http://restaurantexpress.ie/ is pretty good.

I would not recommend the Mexican place they have though.

wow, "There is a standard delivery charge on all deliveries of €6.95"
    thats rough! they deliver to D3 but not D5, maybe if i ran down the road a bit :pac:
    Cactus Jacks on Millenium Way (opposite the Bojum place) has really good sit down Mexican food. Very good value for the set menu.

Cactus jacks is yum! so i forgive you for not helping with the takeaway situation :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Boojum does the best Burritos I've ever eaten outside of California. It's the real deal and great value for money.:cool::) I can't recommend Boojum enough!

Problem is that it's in the city centre and doesn't do deliveries.

Sadly, Mexican restaurants are very thin on the ground in Dublin and Ireland.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Is acapulco still open on George st? Well worth the travel though ages since I've been.

Nevore wrote: »
    Is acapulco still open on George st? Well worth the travel though ages since I've been.
    Yep still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Cactus Jacks is lovely, really good food at a good price.

Where is this Boojums place in relation to it cos it's deffo getting a visit from me?!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Cactus Jacks is lovely, really good food at a good price.

Where is this Boojums place in relation to it cos it's deffo getting a visit from me?!
    Walk out the door of Cactus Jacks, turn right and it's a few metres further down on your left. It's just before you get to Koh and Munchies.

I've had some bad experiences with Cactus Jacks so they no longer get my experience but I've been to Boojum multiple times since it opened. Get the burrito with Pinto beans and salsa roja sauce! Then pour on some extra hot tobasco sauce for some real zing to it.

ixoy wrote: »
    Walk out the door of Cactus Jacks, turn right and it's a few metres further down on your left. It's just before you get to Koh and Munchies.

I've had some bad experiences with Cactus Jacks so they no longer get my experience but I've been to Boojum multiple times since it opened. Get the burrito with Pinto beans and salsa roja sauce! Then pour on some extra hot tobasco sauce for some real zing to it.
    I too have had some bad experiences at Cactus Jacks. For me if it's sit down Mexican it has to be Acapulco.

In Boojum I usually either get Chicken or Carnitas fajita burrito. Amazing !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

ixoy wrote: »

I too have had some bad experiences at Cactus Jacks. For me if it's sit down Mexican it has to be Acapulco.

I'm really suprised you both had bad experiences in Cactus Jacks, I've been there a lot and both the food and service have always been good. The only annoyance is the groups of hen parties that always seem to be there on a Saturday who can get a bit too drunk...:mad:. There doesn't seem to be as many of those lately though, maybe they've stopped taking bookings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 arkadios

Cactus jacks is yum! so i forgive you for not helping with the takeaway situation :P[/QUOTE]

Hi

there you have menu and location of cactus jack's
    http://www.menuplease.ie/locals,,offer,538,158,cactus_jack_s.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

There's a new Mexican place opened up in Malahide but the prices are crazy. The burritos are around 16 euro which is crazy considering it's mostly rice and beans.

Boojum is the best bet in Dublin I think, great food and great prices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I don't think the food at Cactus Jacks is that good. I went there once, and have no incentive to go back.

I quite like the mexican food in the epicurean centre though. Havn't been to boojum yet. I keep meaning to go.

• Advertisement

I was at boojum today at 1 and I would not recommend going there at this time. So packed people were actually sitting outside. I came back closer to 2 and it was clearing out.

I know it's kind of obvious that places would be busy at lunch, but this was insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Well after all the raves in this thread about Boojum I decided to try it tonight and I have to say I was pretty disappointed. The burrito was watery - I've never had a watery burrito before - it was small for the regular menu price (they were having a €5 special tonight, maybe they'll stuff them full when the price goes back up to normal) and the "hottest" salsa barely registered. Bah. Give me Burritos & Blues any day.

My qualifications: seven years spent living in California, burrito connoisseur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mrmr

Boojum is grand, didn't live up to the hype for me but still glad it's there, id go an odd time and it's good value. I still think taco taco is tastier, must try Burritos & Blues.
    Did anyone else think the meat wasn't hot (as in warm enough) in Boojum? Been twice, once with my gf and we both thought so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

That place out in Howth is hit and miss also, mostly miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

mrmr wrote: »
    Did anyone else think the meat wasn't hot (as in warm enough) in Boojum?

I'm a vegetarian but I noticed the same thing with my burrito. It was surprisingly cool considering I bought it and took it straight home to eat (approximately 20 minutes delay). When I stop at Burritos & Blues it takes me much longer before I have a chance to actually eat the thing, but it isn't noticeably cooler.

Advertisement