Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new DYSON Animal - avoid!!

Options
  • 11-12-2010 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is in wrong place..
    Just bought the new Dyson Animal hand held rechargeable vacuum cleaner.
    It has a digital motor and claims to be 4 times more powerful than a F1 engine!
    Anyhow, it was 189 euro in Harvey Normans, and is the most useless piece of poo I have ever bought.
    Firstly, the charge initially last about 2o mins - then you need to recharge it for a minimum of 8 hrs before it will budge again, and then you will be lucky to get 10 mins out of it after that.
    Suction not particularly impressive either.
    This one is going back!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

Before buying anything electrical I usually suss out amazon for reviews. Helps me make a decision. Sounds like thats a very badly designed Dyson product, especially for the price! I think I'd be taking it back too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

AND its really heavy..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Compudaro

So glad you posted this as I was going to buy one! I'm looking for a decent reasonably priced hand-held vacuum for my car - can anyone recommend one? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

My dyson hand held is REAT, ITs the old one and cost about 150 but I use it daily.I always have it on charge.No problems with it and I get a 5 year gaurentee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

My gf's family bought a dyson animal about 2 years ago and rave about it still. Is it a new model maybe that is badly designed? Crazy price to pay for it though, did you shop around?

• Advertisement

I bought it for my husband, just for using on the car and the stairs...
    Its the absolute newest model...
    Maybe ill downgrade to the last one then!
    It was 199 in Euronics and 189 in Harvey Norman.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Well in fairness to Dyson their website does say
    Dual power mode

10 minutes of high constant suction or 6 minutes with 40% higher suction.

Crap run time I agree, but they're not concealing it.

When I asked Harvey Norman staff member she said half an hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

BengaLover wrote: »
    When I asked Harvey Norman staff member she said half an hour!
    Good, that means the product was not as described which strengthens your case for getting your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It has a digital motor

WTF is a digital motor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

4 times more powerful than a F1 engine!

:confused:
    I think it's faster - not more powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

coylemj wrote: »
    WTF is a digital motor?

From what I can make out on the Dyson website its a dc motor where the stator currents direction is switched by a micro-controller rather than a commutator. They also confusingly have a section on the problem with conventional AC motors beside it on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Good, that means the product was not as described which strengthens your case for getting your money back.

if you can prove what they said to you.

Doesn't matter what THEY say, I will get a refund or replacement or i will thcweam and thcweam and thweam until im thick...I can you know..

Advertisement