Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BOOTING UP ISSUES please help

• 11-12-2010 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

hi all,

just seeking some advice please, I have the below system roughly 3 months now.it was put together and purchased from hardwareversand.de. everything booted up from day 1 and was running perfect until about 10 days ago.
    SPEC BELOW

4GB-KIT G-Skill DDR3 PC2000, CL 9
    ASUS DRW-24B1ST SATA schwarz Retail
    Special item: Corsair 750HX, 750 Watt
    Special item: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3, Intel P55, ATX, DDR3, PCI-Express
    Intel Core i5-760 Box 8192Kb, LGA1156
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SB-Version Englisch
    RADEON HD 5870 875M "XXX" 1GB DDR5 DUAL DVI, DP, NATIVE HDMI
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB, SATA II (HD502HJ)
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB, SATA II (HD502HJ)
    Thermaltake V9 Black Edition ohne Netzteil
    Ultron Cardreader 75-in-1, intern, schwarz

my problem is when i boot up pc ,it powers up & the lights and fans turn on & run for about a second or 2 ,then turns off , then on ....
    this keeps happening for ages then finally it fully boots up and runs perfectly until i switch off.
    i am running everything at stock .
    wed dec 1st 5.35 mins before it fully booted up
    thur dec 2nd 9.34 mins before it fully booted up
    fri dec 3rd 6.52 mins before it fully booted up

so its quite random ,
    my bro advised me to access the bios and set to optimal settings ,which i did and it still is happening
    i also tried default settings in bios and same again,
    pain in the arse now , i haven tried replacing the psu as when it finally runs its rock solid no issues what so ever , im running crisis maxed out etc..
    mainly use pc for gaming / browsing / music

any help would be great

thanks

CullyA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

as first if yours psu and motherboard has 8pin 12v cpu power connectors use it instead of 4pin,
    unplug any motherboards internal usb, fire-wire and audio connectors

try to:
    1. update bios to latest one --> may help
    2. boot with only two memory sticks installed and only one hdd without dvd burner, card reader etc. hooked up

and post results :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Aswell as the BIOS update, check it for any loose cables.
    Not sure from your post if you tried a different PSU, if not try one if you can get one that will tick all of the boxes.

Try it with different memory combinations, no harm in running memory tester just to rule it out.

Since the problem is happening before the POST screen you will be able to disconnect everything hard drive, DVD, usb devices, even the pci cards and graphics card if the mobo has onboard graphics.

If it starts up as it should (obviously its not going to boot since you wont have any drives connected), turn it off and start adding your hardware 1 at a time to see if you can isolate a problem.

Advertisement