Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gone back to using an eircom router Help me set it up!

• 11-12-2010 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

The bad weather led to voltage spikes which led to my lovely router blowing itself up :(

I was about to go buy a new one but found an old eircom netopia lying unused round the house.

So far it is terrible

Opening google takes ****ing ages, I've already changed it to open DNS but that hasn't made any difference in this case.

The firewall on the router is on medium, is switching it off the equivilant of putting the whole router into the DMZ?

In QoS differentiated services is enabled and the low high priority ratio is at 92 but no custom flows are defined.

As for the wireless end of things the connection is fine so it's not that.

The model is the Netopia 2247-02

Halp.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

No one has any clue?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

did your filter get toasted too??

try with no filter installed and giz your line stats with and without filter ta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

What isp are you on for a start, im assuming eircom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭strongman

You might find some ideas to help you here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54451871

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If this is the router you originally used, and nothing has changed on it, then there's nothing to set up. It's already set up, and you shouldn't change anything. Do not switch off the firewall.

If it's not working, then it's not a setting, but something else. DSL filter, line problem, faulty modem, etc, but not something you can flick a switch for and fix.

• Advertisement
Advertisement