Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I report illegal dumping in Fingal?

Options
  • 11-12-2010 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi all,

Was out and about earlier and as I was coming past Balgriffin Cemetery, just to the side of it, across from St Sampsons, I noticed a pick up truck with 3 guys in it throwing black sacks of rubbish into the bushes.
    I managed to get a photo of the incident and the reg of the van etc, but I'm wondering how do I go about reporting it? Do I contact the guards or Fingal Co Co or is there another body?
    It was broad daylight and these guys didn't even try and hide what they were doing, they just didn't seem to give a hoot!
    This type of behaviour really annoys me, so I would like to make sure I pass on the details to the correct person, so that they aren't burried away on someone's desk.
    Any help would be great.

Cheers

amberjack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Contact Fingal Co Co Litter Warden -

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Environment/LitterControl/ReportingLitter/

They'll then investigate and prosecute.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

Thanks guys,

Will fill in the form and email it along with a photo.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Amberjack wrote: »
    Thanks guys,

Will fill in the form and email it along with a photo.

Cheers

Fair play to you. I hate the scumbags that do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Fair play to you! Some people have no respect for the environment and think they can get away with it! Hope they have to pay for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

Report was officially made yesterday, so we will wait and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Please let us know how this goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Just some background info on Fly tipping in Fingal and latest developments.

Extract from County Council meeting 11 November 2010
    ILLEGAL DUMPING OF HOUSEHOLD RUBBISH

It was proposed by Councillor T. Kelleher and seconded by Councillor D. O Connor:

“That the Manager would comment on the level of illegal dumping of household rubbish on the roads and in the hedgerows of the Swords/Balbriggan area.”

The following report by the Manager which had been circulated was CONSIDERED:

“As at the 4th November 2010 a total of 2,508 reports had been received regarding litter for the entire County – 1,136 of which related to the Balbriggan/Swords area (45% of overall reports).

The reports received range from witnesses reporting litter offences such as cigarette butts being thrown from a vehicle, to dog fouling, to reports of fly-tipping. As the complaints are varied it is not possible to extract exact details of dumping of household rubbish on roads and hedgerows.

However an examination of the complaints database indicates that an estimated 470 reports were in relation to dumped material – approx 41% of all reports made for the Balbriggan/Swords area.

Unfortunately it is not possible to compare the figures with those from 2009 figures as the information was not compiled on an area committee basis at that time.

The only comparison that can be made is that at 4th November 2009 the total number of reports received for the County was 2,924 as against 2,508 as above – a decrease of 416.

Three of the six Litter Wardens are deployed in the Balbriggan/Swords area and investigate each complaint recorded. Where evidence can be found, litter fines are issued. Members of the public are also encouraged to report incidences of littering by contacting 1800 20 10 93, 8906799 or envserv@fingalcoco.ie.

As a result of the changed economic situation the vehicle used to remove these items is now only on hire 2 days per week which means there can be a delay of a few days in removing them. “

Following discussion the Committee NOTED the foregoing report

Discussion on Fly tipping and councils legal position on naming and shaming offenders from Full Council Meeting 13/12/2010, Time 2.03:40 in.

http://connect.fingalcoco.public-i.tv/site/player/pl_v7.php?a=49655&t=0&m=wm&l=en_GB

Advertisement