Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving Test Queries

• 11-12-2010 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭

Driving test next week 2 queries for ye...

1) Whats the correct procedure for walking with the bike (failed me on this last time)

2) Whats the correct procedure for passing out the tester when he pulls in down the road in terms of observation and indication etc....

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Don't know how you failed for walking with the bike? Did you get a red mark? When getting on or off the bike, hold the front brake with your right hand before you start the movement until it's finished. When walking forwards, one hand on each handlebar, when walking backwards left hand on the handlebar and right hand towards the rear of the bike. When overtaking the tester, it's the exact same as avoiding any other obstacle: check mirror, indicator on, lifesaver, then move out. When passed cancel your indicator, mirror, lifesaver then move back in. If the road is very wide, that you don't have to cross the centre line, you don't need to indicate iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

reece wrote: »
    Driving test next week 2 queries for ye...

1) Whats the correct procedure for walking with the bike (failed me on this last time)

2) Whats the correct procedure for passing out the tester when he pulls in down the road in terms of observation and indication etc....

Cheers

You must walk on the left hand side of the bike and push it until the examiner is happy.

For passing the tester:

He will have you pull in to the side of the road and he'll explain what to do.

Basically, you must do your life saver when you take off. Up to speed.

Then you do your Observation (mirror, mirror, lifesaver), signal, manoeuver nice and early.

Turn off the indicator. Sail past them, not too fast.

Then you must mirror, mirror lifesaver again, then indicate left and pull back into the correct lane.

Hope this helps. I assume you've will take at least a pretest with an instructor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

cheers for that folks. I walked with the bike the correct way then - knobhead just added it to the list. I think when they want to fail you they add on the easy pickings like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

reece wrote: »
    cheers for that folks. I walked with the bike the correct way then - knobhead just added it to the list. I think when they want to fail you they add on the easy pickings like that.

Just make sure your side stand is up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

When walking with the bike make sure you do an exaggerated look around esp behind you before you start off, do everything else like the others have said.

• Advertisement
Advertisement