Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

runners are starting to come apart at the top, there 28 days old?

Options
  • 11-12-2010 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

My son bought a pair of runners 28 days ago. He usually only wears them to the local youth club on weekends. They are starting to come apart at the front so I sent him back into the store today(as this is the 28th day of purchase). They wouldn't change them as they said it was down to wear and tear. I have just got off the phone from speaking to them as I could not make it out today. I spoke to the manager first who said she couldn't understand as to why they didn't change them, then she put me onto the guy who takes in the returns. He basically said that In his opinion that it was down to wear and tear and he wouldn't change them. I just wanted to know if there was anything that I could do? Do I have any rights here? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

xTanyax wrote: »
    My son bought a pair of runners 28 days ago. He usually only wears them to the local youth club on weekends. They are starting to come apart at the front so I sent him back into the store today(as this is the 28th day of purchase). They wouldn't change them as they said it was down to wear and tear. I have just got off the phone from speaking to them as I could not make it out today. I spoke to the manager first who said she couldn't understand as to why they didn't change them, then she put me onto the guy who takes in the returns. He basically said that In his opinion that it was down to wear and tear and he wouldn't change them. I just wanted to know if there was anything that I could do? Do I have any rights here? Thank you in advance.

Yup. Send a letter to the store manager calmly outlining the facts and asking them to remedy the situation. If and when they refuse, or if they don't respond in a timely manner (10 working days), claim via the small claims court. This will cost €15 though, so might not be worth your while depending on the cost of the runners. Are the runners in decent condition though? I mean it will be hard to prove it is not wear and tear if they are covered in dirt and mud etc...

Advertisement