Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog really out of sorts ...

• 11-12-2010 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

My dog is really acting out of sorts for the last week. She is treated virtually as a human in our house :o and so is free to roam where ever she wants. Each night she sleeps at the end of my parents bed, and always bounds up the stairs each night to get there first. For the last week or so however, she seems uneasy to even enter the room! She will not come upstairs at night and stays on the couch. She has been shivering a bit also, whether out of sickness or fear I don't know. She eats little anyway, but her habits in this respect seem unaffected. She has had a bit of constipation I think but this has now passed but weird behaviour remains the same. She has not being getting sick or anything like that, but seems a bit depressed if that term can be applied to a dog!

Hopefully just a phase? We have not as much time recently to walk her (she was used to 2 walks a day), meaning she might get three long walks every week. I will try to fit more in, but could this be partly the reason?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 genekelly

dog definately has the hump with you for not bringing for walks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

If it were my dog I would take her to a Vet just to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭dvet

I would definitely take her to the vet for a look. From what you're describing it would be very hard to tell what's wrong without seeing her. But if she suddenly won't come upstairs and is sitting there shivering, it sounds like something is up, whatever it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭theghost

My three always sleep in/on my bed but for the last week the middle one has refused to get under the duvet as usual when we go to bed but sits on the pillow staring at the window and shivering now and again. Around 3am she seems to relax because she wakes me up slightly pushing her nose under the duvet so she can wriggle down. She's her usual self otherwise - eating well, drinking normally and running round - and the other two dogs just curl up as usual as soon as they get on the bed.

Advertisement