Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

html/Css: Please kill me;

Options
  • 11-12-2010 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Im having issues I'm wondering if some one can help me :)..

I've got a horizontal <ul> list. In each of the lists there's <a href>
    all that is working.

The links work perfect to all 9 pages. But..

The text is all perfect. on the other 8 pages but the index page, it smaller and not right.

Im using a style page.

but just one page wont work :mad:

please help .....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Must be something over riding it or a style not getting applied properly.

Use firebug (Firefox addon) to see what's going on.

When firebug is installed, navigate to the page, hit F12 to start firebug, click the second icon on the top bar on firebug then hover over the element you want to inspect and click.

You will see on the right hand side of firebug all styles and over ridden styles for the current element.

Edit the styles on the fly to see what works and not etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Check for a missing or broken </li> tag somewhere.

There's also a firebug plugin for Chrome, that's called Firebug Lite. It's an unbelievably excellent little tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

As desaparecidos mentioned it may be another style overriding your menu style, especially if you are using a style sheet on the 9th page that you're not using on other pages. If something is overriding the style you can add the '!important' declaration to the one you want to take preference. You add it just before the ';'

ie.

.menu ul li
    {
    color:#FFFFFF!important;
    }

Will override any other previous colour specifications for a li when the li is used in the menu class.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭en.r4cart

Better to post your code

• Advertisement
Advertisement