Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - First Time Build

Options
  • 11-12-2010 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭

I was looking at this system but I asked about it in the Computers forum and they said that I could build a better machine for little more than half the price I was looking at. I want a powerful versatile system that is capable of running heavy programs such as picture editing and games such as Football Manager. I also want to put a Ubuntu partition on it at some stage so a sizeable HDD would be necessary

Can you please advise me on how I could build a system better than the one below and how much it would cost? I've never built before so I'll need exact parts named for me.

Thanks,
    Jackobyte.
    HP 6658

AMD Phenom II X4 820 2.8 gHZ

4gb DDR3 RAM

1TB HDD

BluRay/ DVD burner with LightScribe

NVIDIA GeForce GT 320 1gb DED

HDMI/VGA/DVI/WiFi/Remote Controller

Windows 7 Home Premium

23' HP HD monitor

(This was for €1000+)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

The graphics card in the above build isnt good at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

nuxxx wrote: »
    The graphics card in the above build isnt good at all
    What graphics card would you recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Jackobyte wrote: »
    What graphics card would you recommend?

A 6870 or 6850, or a gtx 460 1gb model. If your willing you buy online a nice site is www.hardwareversand.de. As far as i know they only accept bank transfer.

I bought my rig from them myself and can recommend them. Bit wrecked now, ill post up a build tomorrow thats in your price range. Alternatively theres many threads here with similar questions such as yourself and screenshots of builds there

Advertisement