Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Explosions in Stockholm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Seems there was a suicide bomber with six charges in a bag but only one or two detonated. Apparently the bag also had a big amount of nails.
    Swedish papers says he was heard shouting in Arabic before the explosion.
    Security police got a warning earlier today the Muslims was going to kill Swedes.
    Everything yet to be confirmed.

Good thing he didn't manage to get to one of the busier streets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Ha ha,

What's a spacebar?

Its something astronauts eat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

biko wrote: »
    Swedish papers says he was heard shouting in Arabic before the explosion.
    Security police got a warning earlier today the Muslims was going to kill Swedes.
    Everything yet to be confirmed.

well that can't be true, Islam is a religion of peace innit

That what they say, I prefer to look at their actions. Not much peace there.
    However, this could be the work of a lone crazy man and not backed by any organisation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

One of the better possible results then, if he is the only casualty.

No virgins for him so.

More
    About ten minutes before the explosions an email was sent to TT, although addressed under the Security Service, where a man turns to "Sweden and the Swedish people".

He refers to the Swedish silence on Lars Vilks paintings, the Swedish soldiers in Afghanistan and says that "now is your children, daughters and sisters to die like that our brothers and sisters and children are dying. "

"Our actions will speak for themselves. As long as you do not stop your war against Islam and degrading against the prophet and your stupid support
    to pig Vilks, the man says.
    Then the man calls all Muslims in Sweden to "stop suck up and humiliate yourselve. "He ends the message with even a call for "all mujahideen
    in Europe and Sweden ":

-Now it's time to turn to, wait no longer. Come up with whatever you also if there is a knife and I know that you have more than a knife to
    come up with. Fear not, fear not prison, do not fear death.

Security Police has not wanted to comment or confirm whether received the email, which contains audio files where both Swedish and Arabic are spoken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

stupid muslims at it again

hail allah etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

fcuking muslims they want to rule the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

It's only 0.01% of muslims that are pro bombing. Don't label an entire religion on the actions of a few.

On the whole, Muslims don't want to rule the world and it is just a minority that are inclined towards terrorism and the supporting of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

It's only 0.01% of muslims that are pro bombing. Don't label an entire religion on the actions of a few.

but that .01% have a tendency to kill any living soul within a few hundred yards of wherever they decide to blow themselves up

they are also responsible for the ridiculous security measure across airports world wide now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Let them muslims try that crap here and the Irish people will have them hunted down in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

but that .01% have a tendency to kill any living soul within a few hundred yards of wherever they decide to blow themselves up

they are also responsible for the ridiculous security measure across airports world wide now.

Oh i don't doubt that at all. I was just replying to your comment that was aimed at the whole Islam religion. That 0.01% are extraordinarily dangerous, there's no denying that.

Can we leave the "I hate Muslims" stuff outside please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

Sweden should respond by sending even more troops to Afghanistan. The EU sould do the same. Viva Sweden, fcuk the terrorist scum. Catch the dogs, send them to gitmo and slap the retarded religious extremism out of their peanut brains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Absurdum wrote: »

Yeah, a bit of a departure for the religion alright!

The scary thing is that there's the possibility there may be further blasts across cities in Europe in the near future. I really hope this won't be the case.

I think "religion of peace" is one of the biggest piles of poo I've heard.
    Islam encourages violence - against jews, against kafirs (non-Muslims) and against women.
    In fact it's probably the worst religion practised today by a long shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,511 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Where did you get that figure from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Absurdum wrote: »
    markesmith wrote: »
    Yeah, a bit of a departure for the religion alright!

Jesus said, "suffer, little children" and his Christian followers obliged.

You lot are better than the Muslims at stone throwing. :rolleyes:

This should be viewed as an attack on all of Europe. Indeed on all the civilised world. Saudi Arabia is the mothership of these extremist vermin. its time we in the west took a tougher stance against such evil regimes.

You lot are better than the Muslims at stone throwing. :rolleyes:

tell that to the poor women in Iran. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    This should be viewed as an attack on all of Europe. Indeed on all the civilised world. Saudi Arabia is the mothership of these extremist vermin. its time we in the west took a tougher stance against such evil regimes.

Yes Tory-Boy, now come down off the soapbox and go back to bed, there's a good chap

tell that to the poor women in Iran. :rolleyes:

Magdalen Laundries anyone!

IT-Guy wrote: »
    Yes Tory-Boy, now come down off the soapbox and go back to bed, there's a good chap

You seem a bit confused with your political references there kid. Suppose its not really important when you've got bigger problems, namely your head being stuck up your arse.

oh ffs i give up.........:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

:rolleyes:
    You are not comparing nations that presently stone and execute women and men for ridiculous "crimes" to the magdalene laundries which have been closed down and gone down in history books as evil institutions, are you?

You walk by many magdalene laundries these days? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

but when the west takes a stand against the muslims it always just incites a new generation of young muslims to fight back - and then the west calls for stricter measures against the muslims which results in a war which incites a new generation of terrorists which causes the west to calls for stricter measures against the muslims which results in a war which incites more young
    muslims to become terrorists..

maybe if the west ****ed on out of the middle east and let them mind themselves then the young muslims wouldn't have the hatred for the west that they do - allowing young children to grow up in a warzone and watching your people being blown to pieces by the west every day probably isn't the best way to try to prevent terrrorism...

also - what makes us so much more civilized.. I'm sure we can string out a list of terrible deeds committed by the west that will go on for just as long as the list that we can make for the "terrorist's countries" yes they might have a problem with women and gays.. but after that where do you go...

after all the main religious institutions in ireland harbor pedophile priests - does that not make our country just as bad as the "terrorists" in another world...

and finally - a muslim terrorist blows up a bomb in europe killing a few people (am not condoning the bombings)which gives europe a cause for war in the middle east???
    well doesn't a war in the middle east that's going to kill thousands of people give them a reason to bring war to europe... we seem to forget that the amount of westerners killed by terrorists is far less than the number of muslims killed by officially sanctioned western armies...

the terrorists represent a tiny minority..
    our armies are supported by entire nations of people...

You seem a bit confused with your political references there kid. Suppose its not really important when you've got bigger problems, namely your head being stuck up your arse.

Whoosh, that was the sound of that reference going straight over your head...take a chill pill fella!

Oh and one more thing, your Ma!

• Advertisement

Whoosh, that was the sound of that reference going straight over your head...take a chill pill fella!

Oh and one more thing, your Ma!

no i got it alright. just don't see tory boy advocating european unity even in the face of terrorism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

Why is everyone talking about Muslims? Do we know that it was a Muslim attack? Do we know that is was a terrorist attack rather then a murder? Do we know that it was even an attack?

Although it was probably a ****ty Muslim terrorist attack, we can't say anything as of this time.

oh ffs i give up.........:rolleyes:

Good. You've seen sense.
    :rolleyes:
    You are not comparing nations that presently stone and execute women and men for ridiculous "crimes" to the magdalene laundries which have been closed down and gone down in history books as evil institutions, are you?

You walk by many magdalene laundries these days? :rolleyes:

No, not since 1996 but then that was back in ancient history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Ill still stand by with what i wrote earlier - our government needs torturing

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    but when the west takes a stand against the muslims it always just incites a new generation of young muslims to fight back - and then the west calls for stricter measures against the muslims which results in a war which incites a new generation of terrorists which causes the west to calls for stricter measures against the muslims which results in a war which incites more young
    muslims to become terrorists..

maybe if the west ****ed on out of the middle east and let them mind themselves then the young muslims wouldn't have the hatred for the west that they do - allowing young children to grow up in a warzone and watching your people being blown to pieces by the west every day probably isn't the best way to try to prevent terrrorism...

also - what makes us so much more civilized.. I'm sure we can string out a list of terrible deeds committed by the west that will go on for just as long as the list that we can make for the "terrorist's countries" yes they might have a problem with women and gays.. but after that where do you go...

after all the main religious institutions in ireland harbor pedophile priests - does that not make our country just as bad as the "terrorists" in another world...

and finally - a muslim terrorist blows up a bomb in europe killing a few people (am not condoning the bombings)which gives europe a cause for war in the middle east???
    well doesn't a war in the middle east that's going to kill thousands of people give them a reason to bring war to europe... we seem to forget that the amount of westerners killed by terrorists is far less than the number of muslims killed by officially sanctioned western armies...

the terrorists represent a tiny minority..
    our armies are supported by entire nations of people...

i currently live in a Muslim country and can assure you passive support for religious extremism is far greater than is portrayed in the western media. about 50% of the people here believe artists who draw muhammed desrve to be killed. thats just fcked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

i currently live in a Muslim country and can assure you passive support for religious extremism is far greater than is portrayed in the western media. about 50% of the people here believe artists who draw muhammed desrve to be killed. thats just fcked up.

Aye, similar to how people say it's only a tiny core of Americans who are nutjob fundamentalist Christians.

That is messed up alright but I wonder what is the endgame in all this? If passive support is so great then what to do to stop the terrorists? IIRC, there are approx 1.2 billion muslims, there's no way Islam is gonna disappear and a war based on religious differences would be the end of us all. Yet it seems this is what people on both sides are ultimately wishing for, with all the hate mongering and posturing. So what do we do?

Oh and what country are you in?

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Ill still stand by with what i wrote earlier - our government needs torturing

Then if this is the case, I really really really hope you're in the blast radius to experience what you're wishing on others here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Jesus said, "suffer, little children" and his Christian followers obliged.
    Technically the entire phrase is "suffer little children to come unto me", which means "allow the little children to come speak with me", but yeah, the church in Ireland has a whole lot of of property that could do with a solid dose of taxation.

• Advertisement

Amhran Nua wrote: »
    Technically the entire phrase is "suffer little children to come unto me", which means "allow the little children to come speak with me", but yeah, the church in Ireland has a whole lot of of property that could do with a solid dose of taxation.

I did take a huge liberty with a comma but it suited me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭eamo12

That is messed up alright but I wonder what is the endgame in all this? If passive support is so great then what to do to stop the terrorists? IIRC, there are approx 1.2 billion muslims, there's no way Islam is gonna disappear and a war based on religious differences would be the end of us all. Yet it seems this is what people on both sides are ultimately wishing for, with all the hate mongering and posturing. So what do we do?

Oh and what country are you in?

Ireland, which you wouldn't see as your head is stuck up your do-goody-good arse nerdy boy.

eamo12 wrote: »
    Ireland, which you wouldn't see as your head is stuck up your do-goody-good arse nerdy boy.

You say that like it's a bad thing...:D

Oh and that reply was for Carlos_Ray unless you are in fact him, eamo12?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

123balltv wrote: »
    fcuking muslims they want to rule the world

The odd header is hardly indicative of over a Billion people.
    Carlos Ray wrote:
    Sweden should respond by sending even more troops to Afghanistan. The EU sould do the same. Viva Sweden, fcuk the terrorist scum. Catch the dogs, send them to gitmo and slap the retarded religious extremism out of their peanut brains.

I wasn't aware that there was a GHQ for car bombers, let alone that it was in Afghanistan. Please do tell me more.
    Carlos Ray wrote:

Did they move from afghanistan between that post and the one above? Holy jesus - teleporting Jihadis!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Biko wrote:

I think "religion of peace" is one of the biggest piles of poo I've heard.
    Islam encourages violence - against jews, against kafirs (non-Muslims) and against women.
    In fact it's probably the worst religion practised today by a long shot.

Don't generalise, whatever you do.
    Eamo12 wrote:

Ireland, which you wouldn't see as your head is stuck up your do-goody-good arse nerdy boy. .

O that well thought out point told him.

Nodin wrote: »
    The odd header is hardly indicative of over a Billion people.

I wasn't aware that there was a GHQ for car bombers, let alone that it was in Afghanistan. Please do tell me more..

The attacks were carried out inretaliation for swedens involvement in afghanistan. they were threathened for the last 2 years. threat increased officially in last 12 months.

Nodin wrote: »
    Did they move from afghanistan between that post and the one above? Holy jesus - teleporting Jihadis!!!!!!!!!!!!..

no. every dog on the street knows the current wave of extremist scum is being primarily supported by elements within saudi society. afghan is an outpost, i never said it was ghq. saudi is ghq. outsourcing terror for the past 20 years,

@It guy: im in libya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

On the whole, Muslims don't want to rule the world and it is just a minority that are inclined towards terrorism and the supporting of.

I would say you are both wrong. If it really is the case that Muslims as a whole abhor Terrorism and violence in the name of Islam then where's the voice of condemnation? Where are the good honest decent Muslims on the street in outrage that these lunatics would hijack their religion in the name of violence?

There is almost none. But hey! Some guy draws some ****ing cartoons and you have millions of muslims all over the world on the street, burning flags and attacking embassies.

To hell with them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,511 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

[
    @It guy: im in libya[/QUOTE]

Where do you go for a fry up and a pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

[
    @It guy: im in libya

Where do you go for a fry up and a pint.[/QUOTE]

Shure don't they have an aul Irish Bar there. See under nightlife (I was surprised too!)

http://libya.embassyhomepage.com/libya_night_life_tripoli_night_clubs_ghat_theatres_ghadamis_eating_out_libya_restaurants_flights_libya_embassy_london_uk.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Craebear wrote: »
    I would say you are both wrong. If it really is the case that Muslims as a whole abhor Terrorism and violence in the name of Islam then where's the voice of condemnation? Where are the good honest decent Muslims on the street in outrage that these lunatics would hijack their religion in the name of violence?

There is almost none. But hey! Some guy draws some ****ing cartoons and you have millions of muslims all over the world on the street, burning flags and attacking embassies.

To hell with them all.

Her'e an interesting case.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/04/AR2010120403720.html
    Talk of muslims taking over the world is nonsense. For god sake sometimes they can't agree among themselves. Iran-Iraq War?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

why Sweden? If it was terrorists, do you think this is the targeting of major European countries that caused a panic a few weeks back?

I hope it wasn't terrorists though.

Because those gutless religious terrorists like to attack soft targets like innocent civillians.

Obviously the Swedish people have not been eating their rasher of bacon a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Craebear wrote: »
    Where are the good honest decent Muslims on the street in outrage that these lunatics would hijack their religion in the name of violence?

To hell with them all.

They're too gutles to protest incase they get killed for doing so.

Hell would be too good a place for them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement