Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Explosions in Stockholm

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

jugger0 wrote: »
    Your the one making excuses for muslims...........

As far as I can see, he's pointing out the misuse and abuse of statistics by the Swedish far right, thus he doesn't have to make excuses for anyone. You and 'Travis Bicklesen', however......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Well seeing as both men tried to kill random people, and one is being called a terrorist, it is only reasonable to call them both terrorists.

John Allen Muhammed (The D.C. Sniper) killed random people, but his immediate goal was financial extortion, not political change.

I think the more appropriate American equivalent to the Swedish guy who went around shooting immigrants would be 'hate crime', much as homophobes and racists get charged with such a term when they go around selecting specific segments of the population.

NTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

John Allen Muhammed (The D.C. Sniper) killed random people, but his immediate goal was financial extortion, not political change.

True enough.
    I think the more appropriate American equivalent to the Swedish guy who went around shooting immigrants would be 'hate crime', much as homophobes and racists get charged with such a term when they go around selecting specific segments of the population.

I agree to a certain degree, but by targetting immigrants, the shooters was clearly trying to effect Anti-immigrant political change, e.g. scare the immigrants away, or seeing it as waging war against them, and as such I would call it terrorism. Either way, its pretty messed up that anyone would support such a thing.

Advertisement