Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should a fighter lose out on his purse?

• 11-12-2010 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Question for you folks , I'm sure this will recieve some mixed views.

Ok a fighter of mine agreed to take a fight at short notice just under 3 weeks, a purse was agreed, then the original opponent was cancled and a substatute offered instead at 77kg, we acepted then the week of the fight was told the fight was off then offered another fight at a higher weight , then fight was back on the day before the weight it was off , and back on again that night 8pm ( we were informed the opponent renegoitated his purse ) after my fighter breaking his diet with a big feed, my fighter still made his weight at the 12pm weigh in the next day 76.5kg was then informed his opponent would weigh in at 6pm , then the fighter arranged to send a video of him on his scales with no independent witness, he also refused to travel from Portlaois to Kilkenny to weigh in that night,we then offered a compromise that he weigh in the next day the fight day at 12pm and we would allow 1-2kg more on the original agreed weight. He refused,
    so now I ask is it fair that my fighter who jumped through hoops and spent every free minute of the past 2 and half weeks to to help the promotor and not to disapoint then fans should be refused the purse which had been agreed to him?
    If the fight was called off due to injury or uncontrolable circumstances I could understand and accept that but because the other fighter couldn't be arsed to weigh in, well that seems poor form and shows his disregard for his opponent, the promoter, the sport and the Fans who bought the tickets!

Ok rant over lets here what you all think.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

good story there chris. thats far from accurate . i'm a training partner of the guy in question and you're givin a lopsided account and why you put it up on a forum is and saying he is scared of your fighter on facebook is very grown up . firstly your guy agreed to fight at 77kg shortly after the cancellation down in waterford but only at new c-class , this was fine , fight agreed may the better man win . then on thursday we are told the your guy wont fight unless its 75kg , our guy said no . we offered an alternative at 75 b-class , you said no. a lousy outcome but thats how it goes sometimes right. then friday night at 7or 8 o clock we get a call sayin ok the original fight you are up for that at 77kg new c-class . well how do you expect a guy who is 86kg before he broke his diet after being told his fight is off on thursday to cut 9 kg probably a bit more seein as he had himself "a big feed" and recover properly at that notice. and for the record he weighed in at 79 at 2pm today after bursting a gut to make weight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 aniapl

1st of all the fight was at 77 then your guy wanted it at 75 then he only do a C class fight even that your guy is doing mma over 5 years.. how many easy fights does he want.. kieran made weight then your guy pulled out because kieran walks around 2 big.. ye wanted kieran 2 weigh in tomo with giving him 2 kiols over the 77.. from the start vinny wanted everything his own way.. time 2 grow a pair and fight pro....

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Chris Dowling

Kieran its not a story , I am not saying what you said is wrong but I am passing on the info we were given and I assure you we didn't pull out of the fight during the week,I promote kickboxing shows and I know what a pain it vcan be to have fights pulled at the last minute and when we were told that the fight was being changed during the week we weren't happy but agreed once we were supplied with the fighters details, we were also asked to take a 86kg K1 fight as an alternative by the promotor which we did refuse, but no mma bout was turned down by us this week, so seems there is some erroe in the comunications about this bout.Also you said your guy made 79kg today we offered to accept at 79kg tomorrow but we were told no, as for him weighing at 2pm today we were notified at 18.41 today that he weighed by video at 77kg .

so you be happy for a guy who cut 9or so kg to have 3 hours recovery and then fight an mma fight , give me a break, would you allow one of your own to do that. this should be kept between the 2 coaches and the promoter and sort out tomorow at the show face to face in private

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Chris Dowling

To be honest I think its nuts cutting that much weight, I wouldnt allow any of my fighters to do that, but if a fighter agrees to make a weight for a bout then thats his problem.

• Advertisement

hold on there i offered 2 fight vinny at 77 even thou i did not train in over 6 weeks.. ye said no too 77 but ye wanted me 2 cut down too 75.. has for the hole k1 thing itsa mma event not a k1 fight.. 77 was the weight and ye took it then ye wanred it at 75 and C class... vinny is at it long enough 2 fight pro... i,m kieran coach and its a joke that ye still let vinny fight C class.. why is that..??? easy fights easy wins is that it

well he has never missed weight for a show of any description and is more than able to cope with it , he would have had no problem making this one either if the fight wasnt called off on the thursday. you've said you didnt pull out of the fight so where did changing the fight to 75kg come from , is that not pulling out of the original 77kg fight

i got a phone call saying that the fight is at 75 not 77... vinny didnt want too take the fight because kieran was 2 big and that kieran had 2 make 75... sure vinny didnt want 2 fight me at 77 only at 75 and that was thursday

i,m wrong i said i take the fight at 80 not 77 sorry.. but i did not train in over 6 weeks and only taking the fight with 4 days

end of the day if the fight was left at 77 them the lads would be fighting tomo... its not our prpblem...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I dont know where this belongs, but its definitely not here.

If you want to continue this conversation I suggest you do so through PM, or better still, pick up a phone.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement