Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plonker or text speak?

• 11-12-2010 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭

The wifes sister came up to our house the other day and shes a total skanger ,nothing like the missues.She always hung around with townies ,you know the type runners trakkie and the mental duck walk.Anyway I personally think shes braindead ,I always have and I always put on the act to please the missus.But the other day she was texting on her phone and she said to me ,

"Heor how de ya spell yisser" I said "what are you on about" and she said "ya know ,as in YOUS ARE" ,so I spelled out "Y-I-Z-Z-E-R" ,She said "thanks thats deadly.

After that I ran up stairs nearly p!ssing myself laughing ,FFS! YISSER WTF is that ,theres no such thing.I told the OH "the next time shes up and she wants to make something to eat will you make sure the oven is plonker proof before hand":pac:

Have any of you good people heard this before or is it text speak that I haven't come across yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jfrmbray

do you always run up the stairs when you find something funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

jfrmbray wrote: »
    do you always run up the stairs when you find something funny?

Yes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Yep, one girl practically talks like this in both forms.

A text (or from her mouth) would normally be:

"Ere, r yous around" or "What yous at?"

Well...........she did grow up in Dublin and Limerick and then wound up on this side of the country :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

'Rodney, you're a plonker' ..

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Yep, one girl practically talks like this in both forms.

A text (or from her mouth) would normally be:

"Ere, r yous around" or "What yous at?"

Well...........she did grow up in Dublin and Limerick and then wound up on this side of the country :pac:

Yeah ,never heard "yizzer" before though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Grammar nazi to banana sinkers house.

Thank You.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Refugee from RealLife

OutlawPete wrote: »
    'Rodney, you're a plonker' ..

It's been around a while then ,never heard it before.

*feels old and not with it ,whatever it was*

close thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

The wifes sister came up to our house the other day and shes a total skanger ,nothing like the missues.She always hung around with townies ,you know the type runners trakkie and the mental duck walk.Anyway I personally think shes braindead ,I always have and I always put on the act to please the missus.But the other day she was texting on her phone and she said to me ,

"Heor how de ya spell yisser" I said "what are you on about" and she said "ya know ,as in YOUS ARE" ,so I spelled out "Y-I-Z-Z-E-R" ,She said "thanks thats deadly.

After that I ran up stairs nearly p!ssing myself laughing ,FFS! YISSER WTF is that ,theres no such thing.I told the OH "the next time shes up and she wants to make something to eat will you make sure the oven is plonker proof before hand":pac:

Have any of you good people heard this before or is it text speak that I haven't come across yet?

i cant comment on your wifes sister but i wear runners and tracksuit bottoms do that make me a skanger NO i wear them because i find them more comfortable to wear than boots shoes jeans and trousers so my point is some people that wear this type of clothing are not always skangers

and about the text speak in texts i can stand it either and if someone sent me a text with text speak i reply to them could they speak in english please

• Advertisement

smokin ace wrote: »
    i cant comment on your wifes sister but i wear runners and tracksuit bottoms do that make me a skanger NO i wear them because i find them more comfortable to wear than boots shoes jeans and trousers so my point is some people that wear this type of clothing are not always skangers

and about the text speak in texts i can stand it either and if someone sent me a text with text speak i reply to them could they speak in english please

I wear runners and tracksuits as well ,Im talking about the usual stereotypes ,the clad you see skangers in.You know when you look at someone and you think "skanger" that's what im talking about

Can a mod close this as the question has been answered.

Cheers!

*im so feckin old*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

It's been around a while then ,never heard it before.

*feels old and not with it ,whatever it was*

close thread!

I first heard it from the Darndale folk, back in the 80's when they infiltrated the schools in Swords due to the fact that there were hundreds of families from there, rehoused in Melrose / Kinsealy and so Swords is where they went to school.

They had a general bad effect on the school and me and I blame them for the fact that I went astray and began to bounce of school and basically ran amach.

If this didn't happen your school also, yizzer's a bleedin' lucky so yiz are.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    I first heard it from the Darndale folk, back in the 80's when they infiltrated the schools in Swords due to the fact that there were hundreds of families from there, rehoused in Melrose / Kinsealy and so Swords is where they went to school.

They had a general bad effect on the school and me and I blame them for the fact that I went astray and began to bounce of school and basically ran amach.

If this didn't happen your school also, yizzer's a bleedin' lucky so yiz are.

I grew up in tallaght and I heard of yiz and I suppose when I think about it yizzer was part of the language but I think it was because I was asked "how do you spell yizzer?" that I found funny ,it's something I have never thought about or used in a message

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

You use 'yiz' and this is ok because it's part of the language, and yet you make fun of your OHs sister because she used the word 'yizzer'?

yiz are both scangers :pac:

or wait should that be 'yizzer'? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

I suppose it's abbreviation, because instead of typing 'yiz are' she wrote 'yizzer'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

nothing like the missues.

OP I think you should leave yizzer OH out of this cos you're the one with issues! :pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

OP how come you spell it "yisser" whilst you told your sister in law to spell it "yizzer"?

Also imho if yizzer wife's sister is a skanger then, by the law of averages...or more accurately the law of sisters, your wife must also be of such ilk, no?

I don't know of too many families that are part knacker/part non-knacker tbh..but I could be wrong...you've already stated in another thread you grew up in a village with 12000 heroin addicts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Spaces come after commas, not before.

Yizzer knackers need to sort yizzer grammizzer out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

sounds like my type of woman, any pics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Jesus, the lack of grammar in here is appalling.

'Yizzer' is the second person plural possessive pronoun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I grew up in tallaght and I heard of yiz and I suppose when I think about it yizzer was part of the language but I think it was because I was asked "how do you spell yizzer?" that I found funny ,it's something I have never thought about or used in a message

I reckon it's a sad "slang version of slang"

As you "You are" became a bastardised plural "Yous are", which morphed into "Yez're".......leave out the a-replacement apostrophe and mumble it in a skangy accent, and you get something like what the OP encountered.

Sad, really.

ebixa82 wrote: »
    OP how come you spell it "yisser" whilst you told your sister in law to spell it "yizzer"?

Also imho if yizzer wife's sister is a skanger then, by the law of averages...or more accurately the law of sisters, your wife must also be of such ilk, no?

I don't know of too many families that are part knacker/part non-knacker tbh..but I could be wrong...you've already stated in another thread you grew up in a village with 12000 heroin addicts!

Have to say she's the white sheep of the family.Total opposite to them all ,college degree and a good job like my self ,the reason we could afford a nice house in Wicklow ,thanks for pointing out about the 12,000 heroin addicts.Obviously you have no idea or experience of growing up in an area where everyone is strung out.If you want to troll ,troll away be my guest I will not rise to it.:pac:

Have to say she's the white sheep of the family.Total opposite to them all ,college degree and a good job like my self ,the reason we could afford a nice house in Wicklow ,thanks for pointing out about the 12,000 heroin addicts.Obviously you have no idea or experience of growing up in an area where everyone is strung out.If you want to troll ,troll away be my guest I will not rise to it.:pac:

Firstly it was your good self who came out with that figure of 12,000 which is complete nonsense..

Secondly, I find it rather insulting to people from Tallaght to claim that "everyone" is strung out. Very ignorant thing to say.

And the ironic thing is that, even though you think you are better than most of those now in Tallaght, you are probably stereotyped by your new neighbors in Wicklow as skangers...oh, the irony!

Firstly it was your good self who came out with that figure of 12,000 which is complete nonsense..

That was a figure from the top of my head as I stated in one of my posts regarding a source
    Secondly, I find it rather insulting to people from Tallaght to claim that "everyone" is strung out. Very ignorant thing to say.

I never claimed as such ,where I grew up people were strung out and I estimated the claim from my own experience ,I never said "everyone in tallaght is strung out".I still think 1 in 10 people in drug ravaged areas of tallaght are on heroin ,the same way there is probably no one or very few are on drugs in kingswood or Belgard

And the ironic thing is that, even though you think you are better than most of those now in Tallaght, you are probably stereotyped by your new neighbors in Wicklow as skangers...oh, the irony!

Where did I ever say I was better than anyone? I made a choice years ago to get a good job and not bring kids up Where I lived.Whats the problem? What's Ironic? I have never stated people from tallaght are skangers in my posts and my neighbors up here are the best.My wifes sister is the stereotype skanger but that's because she's a drug addict ,I never said it was because she's from tallaght! she could be from anywhere!The bit I have a problem with is that you say I think Im better than everyone else ,far from it ,fcuking far from it! I know where I came from and will never forget it !

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tenzing

I came here to post the very same question, just so you know.

Tenzing wrote: »
    I came here to post the very same question, just so you know.

Because I never re-read my post before posting

That was a figure from the top of my head as I stated in one of my posts regarding a source

I never claimed as such ,where I grew up people were strung out and I estimated the claim from my own experience ,I never said "everyone in tallaght is strung out.I still think 1 in 10 people in drug ravaged areas of tallaght are on heroin ,the same way there is probably no one or very few are on drugs in kingswood/Belgard

Where did I ever say I was better than anyone.I made a choice years ago to get a good job and not bring kids up Where I lived.Whats the problem.What's Ironic ,I have never stated people from tallaght are skangers in my posts and my neighbors up here are the best.My wifes sister is the stereotype skanger but that's because she's a drug addict ,I never said it was because she's from tallaght! she could be from anywhere!The bit I have a problem with is that you say I think Im better than everyone else ,far from it ,fcuking far from it! I know where I came from and will never forget it !

Where are you from?

Where are you from?

Have you not read the posts in the other thread?:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement