Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay returns advice needed

Options
  • 11-12-2010 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Bought an iphone from a seller in the UK http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250738007030&_trksid=p2761.l1259
    Turns out it was brand new but wasn't unlocked so emailed seller who answered by saying it was a replacement phone they got from their operator and it was supposed to be unlocked but they never checked it before putting it on ebay.
    I opened a case in Ebays resolution centre and asked the seller for a refund which they agreed to but they want the phone sent back before they give the refund. Is the seller entitled to call the shots in a situation like this or would Ebay cover me if the seller didn't refund the money. I do think the seller will refund but I wonder what the options are if they dont.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Yes this is standard. Buyer always returns item first (same as Amazon, Tesco, Marks and Spencer, etc). Ensure you send it trackable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

You should be able to get phone unlocked for around € 15.

Could ye agree to meet half-way ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

If you open a dispute and you call the goods into question, the seller has the right to ask for that item back if you request a refund.
    You will NOT get a refund unless you can prove that the seller has recieved the item back.
    Proof of postage is not adequate so if you post anything back, you must post it and supply paypal with a tracking number.
    IF you send the item back, AND provide the tracking number, then PAYPAL, (after making checks) not the seller, will initiate the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

You should be able to get phone unlocked for around € 15.

Could ye agree to meet half-way ?

I know I probably could i searched online for unlocking services but was not too confident about trying any of them. They all seem to work by getting you to download a program and then follow 5 or 6 steps to get it to work. If i got one with a good track record I might try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

No, no ,

Forget about on-line , in this case . Find a local shop that unlocks phones .

If you are in the South-East , I can point you in the right direction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Ah thanks for that but I'm in the North West. I decided to send the phone back to the seller so thanks to everybody who replied.

Advertisement