Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chaplets to Jesus and the Saints

• 11-12-2010 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

Hey all. Was looking to buy some chaplets to Jesus, Mary and the Saints and was looking for some recommendations?

Your help would be great. I bet there are a lot of chaplets out there so..... hit me with them. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Jester Minute

There is the Holy Face, Five Wounds, Holy Spirit, Sacred Heart, St. Anthony, St. Joseph, St Michael, St Therese, Way of the Cross, St. Patrick & St. Brigid.

Take your pick!

http://www.cenacle.co.uk/search.asp?searchbox=YES

(That crowd sends stuff to Eire no problem. They advertise in Catholic Voice newspaper.)

There is an even bigger selection here, though shipping costs from America may be prohibitively expensive:
    http://www.aquinasandmore.com/category/382/fuseaction/store.BrowseCategory/productsperpage/20/layout/grid/currentpage/1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

You learn something new about the Faith everyday - though I always thought of them as a type of rosary bead-lite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

There is the Holy Face, Five Wounds, Holy Spirit, Sacred Heart, St. Anthony, St. Joseph, St Michael, St Therese, Way of the Cross, St. Patrick & St. Brigid.

Take your pick!

http://www.cenacle.co.uk/search.asp?searchbox=YES

(That crowd sends stuff to Eire no problem. They advertise in Catholic Voice newspaper.)

There is an even bigger selection here, though shipping costs from America may be prohibitively expensive:
    http://www.aquinasandmore.com/category/382/fuseaction/store.BrowseCategory/productsperpage/20/layout/grid/currentpage/1

Thank you all for your kind replies. Have checked out the prices of those sites? one chaplet of the sacred heart is 25 sterling. :pac: eat my hat and leave me my life!!!

Next time I know someone is going to Medugorje or if I'm going myself I must pick up some chaplets. I can get all of them over there for a euro or attempt at making them myself.

It is unfair that they charge that much!!! :confused: If I had to choose between a bottle of vodka and prayer it looks like I'd be an alcoholic by now as a bottle of vodka would be cheaper.

I've seen those exact chaplets for like 1-3 euro in many shops around the country. Can not believe that those sites get away with charging that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Onesimus wrote: »
    It is unfair that they charge that much!!! :confused:

Does it matter how much it costs if it brings you good luck? Or shortens your time in purgatory? Or makes Jesus love you a bit more?

I'd say no.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

Does it matter how much it costs if it brings you good luck? Or shortens your time in purgatory? Or makes Jesus love you a bit more?

I'd say no.:)

Chaplets are not lucky charms. As for purgatory, I deserve all the purging I get :pac:

Nothing could make the immutable God love me more. He has no favourites and his love neither increases nor decreases no matter what prayers are offered. Just thought I'd be theologically correct on that one.

The price of the chaplet matters when you have a wallet that is deprived and starved of a few pennies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Jester Minute

Onesimus wrote: »
    Thank you all for your kind replies. Have checked out the prices of those sites? one chaplet of the sacred heart is 25 sterling. :pac: eat my hat and leave me my life!!!

Next time I know someone is going to Medugorje or if I'm going myself I must pick up some chaplets. I can get all of them over there for a euro or attempt at making them myself.

It is unfair that they charge that much!!! :confused: If I had to choose between a bottle of vodka and prayer it looks like I'd be an alcoholic by now as a bottle of vodka would be cheaper.

I've seen those exact chaplets for like 1-3 euro in many shops around the country. Can not believe that those sites get away with charging that much.

You're right. I never looked at the prices when I posted the links.

You can pick 'em up real cheap at Knock or just about anywhere that sells religious goods.

Advertisement