Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have the Banks got against Dungarvan?

Options
  • 11-12-2010 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

Sorry for the dramatic title but on the potentially one of the busiest weekends of the Christmas period most of the ATM's in Dungarvan were out of service.

I was in getting my hair done early this morning and the Hairdresser says all the ATM machines around town were out of order. I said yeah but they'll probably fill them up later. Anyway, I went into town for a few beers at about 6 that evening, had enough cash for a few pints but said I'd get some extra just in case. 4 machines I went to were out of service so I thought grand, I have enough. I was in the Lady Belle having a pint when a woman came in and started talking to the group she was with, she said the same thing and heard that all the machines were out? I don't know if they were all out or if they were out all day but if they were it was a disgrace, this is one of the biggest shopping weekend of the year (bad weather last 2 weeks and forecast from next weekend on) and if the banks were out of money so early and for so long then they should be ashamed of themselves. Having said that I don't think banks do shame!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Bank of Ireland were having problems, but the machines were probably empty because it was the busiest weekend of the year. I saw queues at bank machines in Waterford - which I haven't seen since the poor old tiger expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

looksee wrote: »
    Bank of Ireland were having problems, but the machines were probably empty because it was the busiest weekend of the year. I saw queues at bank machines in Waterford - which I haven't seen since the poor old tiger expired.

I think the issue was that the machines were out of service early Sat morning and were still out of service on Sat night, unless they were filled and emptied again (now that would be a return to the Tiger day's:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Laser card with cash back FTW

Advertisement