Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emobile and meteor what masts do they use?

Options
  • 11-12-2010 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Can anyone tell me if emobile and meteor use the same network?

I know when meteor originally launched they piggybacked backed on O2 network. Is this still the case or do they piggyback on different networks based on different locations. I am currently on O2 and I live in the sticks so the coverage on all networks varies depending on what leg you stand on:rolleyes:. If they use their own masts then I will need to check out the coverage first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Enter your address here and it will show you all masts nearby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Use the comreg link mad_mike posted to see masts near your address. Emobile and meteor are the exact same network essentially. Both owned by eircom mobile, both 085, both same infrastructure. Eircom roams onto vodafone in selected parts of west Ireland where no infrastructure exists.

Best bet is to pick up a free meteor or emobile sim card to suss out coverage around your area without commiting yourself to them. If all appears ok, then port your main number over.

McN wrote: »
    I know when meteor originally launched they piggybacked backed on O2 network. Is this still the case or do they piggyback on different networks based on different locations.

Meteor always had their own network since launching in 2001 but in late 2004/early 2005 they signed a roaming deal with O2 for certain parts of the west. This deal expired after 2 years and a similar arrangement was made with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

EMOBILE and Meteor are one and the same, they currently use meteors infrastructure, and in remote parts of the west they use national roaming with Vodafone.

However they are constantly building their network out in the west so I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Advertisement